Rangers Picture Thread

32 minutes ago, pcbear said:

What ground is that  with the bears in the covered section along the side of the park? sure its not Ibrox or Hampden. I think the Tim goalie is Denis Conaghan(sdp)

2nd big DJ

3rd no clue

i think that first picture is of Colin Jacksons goal v celtic on sept 74 at there dump check video clip below marries up with picture you posted

7 hours ago, Blumhoilann said:

People used to get dressed up to go to Ibrox ;-)

Especially in the main stand, there was a kind of elitism amongst the season ticket holders there.

In the old days most folk had day clothes for work (Monday to Saturday morning then), and a "Sunday suit for everything else.

If you look at the old crowd photos on here they mostly had jackets and trousers, and always a hat. Nobody had a  football top, probably did not exist for sale back then, as most could not afford it until the seventies. (Speaking from experience here, my first Gers top was bought in 1972 a 12 year old. My first top was bought in 1971, was the orange and black Dundee United top which was thought to be cool at the time, but was also used by the team I played for then. :sarcasm:, then I got a black and red stripey Man City one, then my Gers top a little later)

6 hours ago, G.A.T.J. said:

Answer is Colin Jackson all three goals 1st September 74 2-1 League  win at Parkhead. 2nd August 76 3-1 Glasgow cup final win at Parkhead. 3rd December 78 3-2 League cup semi final win at Hampden. Three different celtic keepers Connaghan, Latchford and Baines  same result Jackson goal.

Good info.

So in the first one we must have had a bit of the jungle, as our fans are celebrating along the side of the pitch unless the camera angle has me fooled.

On 04/05/2020 at 18:30, thedarvelmarvel said:

anyone remember playing at bella park  3 pitches and one cold tap no lighting in the changing rooms ,if you were brave it was rap a towel round you and sick your legs under the tap the rest of had to wait till you got home ,i think the last time i played there it was 1960 and the place was still the same .sounds like the sketch from ,,monty python,,

Where exactly in Bella Park were the 3 pitches? 

On 27/05/2020 at 21:29, pcbear said:

Good info.

So in the first one we must have had a bit of the jungle, as our fans are celebrating along the side of the pitch unless the camera angle has me fooled.

Yes we used to go into the jungle. We would occupy maybe a third or quarter of it. No barriers back then.

On 07/06/2020 at 19:01, G.A.T.J. said:

September 1971 Stein's goal would have put us 3-2 up midway through the second half, instead it got disallowed and they scored in the last minute to win 2-3.😬

I think we were up 2-1 at the time that goal was disallowed. Terrible decision again.