Jamie Walker says he could get a ‘bigger club than Rangers’

Aye very good tash, get your snidey comments to fuck.

Hearts attacker Jamie Walker has aimed a subtle dig at Rangers, suggesting that he could potentially sign for bigger clubs than them.

Walker, 24, was the subject of multiple bids from the Gers during the summer transfer window but failed to make his move to Ibrox after Hearts refused to budge from their £1million asking price.

The former Scotland Under-21 international is in the final year of his deal at Tynecastle and has recently admitted that he turned down the chance to become the club’s top earner in the summer, peaking Rangers’ interest.

Now, Walker has suggested that he is keeping his options open ahead of the January transfer window and is even contemplating the idea that a club bigger than Rangers may come in for him when he becomes available.

“Let’s not kid ourselves, Rangers are a massive club and of course, it was on my mind,” he said, as quoted by the Daily Record.

“But I’ve got seven months left on my contract and it’s up to me to play well and maybe get an even bigger move.”

Walker has also suggested that Rangers may not have wanted him as much as they led on after failing to meet Hearts’ valuation with a number of below-the-mark offers.

“On the last day of the window, I wasn’t sitting expecting it to happen. I knew Rangers were possibly going to come back in,” he added.

But if they really wanted me I think they’d have put down the money.

“It’s a massive club and if it doesn’t happen, I can still go on to bigger and better things.

“Rangers aren’t the be-all and end-all. It’s up to me to show what I can do and maybe get something better.

“In January I might have a few offers. I’ll be a free agent and if I’m playing well enough, there might be a decision to be made.”

Walker was axed from the Hearts first-team in August by the then-manager Ian Cathro as the summer transfer saga rumbled on.

The attack-minded winger has since returned to the regular starting line-up under the charge of Craig Levein in the Scottish top-flight but is yet to hit the form that he found last season when he scored 15 goals and supplied seven assists across all competitions.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

“Let’s not kid ourselves, Rangers are a massive club and of course, it was on my mind,” 

“But I’ve got seven months left on my contract and it’s up to me to play well and maybe get an even bigger move.”

“It’s a massive club and if it doesn’t happen, I can still go on to bigger and better things.

“Rangers aren’t the be-all and end-all. It’s up to me to show what I can do and maybe get something better.

There's plenty admiration of us in the quotes.  He's hardly negative towards us. 

The above quotes are what he actually said and remove the typical slant of the journo which is as always negative towards us.

Typical DR article. Would have thought folk would have learned by now.

Some bitterness there. As already pointed out, if we'd wanted him we would've got him.

I've thought right from the start of this 'saga' that he would've been a useful addition and nothing more. We can definitely do better than him.

43 minutes ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

Aye very good tash, get your snidey comments to fuck.

Hearts attacker Jamie Walker has aimed a subtle dig at Rangers, suggesting that he could potentially sign for bigger clubs than them.

Walker, 24, was the subject of multiple bids from the Gers during the summer transfer window but failed to make his move to Ibrox after Hearts refused to budge from their £1million asking price.

The former Scotland Under-21 international is in the final year of his deal at Tynecastle and has recently admitted that he turned down the chance to become the club’s top earner in the summer, peaking Rangers’ interest.

Now, Walker has suggested that he is keeping his options open ahead of the January transfer window and is even contemplating the idea that a club bigger than Rangers may come in for him when he becomes available.

“Let’s not kid ourselves, Rangers are a massive club and of course, it was on my mind,” he said, as quoted by the Daily Record.

Walker has also suggested that Rangers may not have wanted him as much as they led on after failing to meet Hearts’ valuation with a number of below-the-mark offers.

“On the last day of the window, I wasn’t sitting expecting it to happen. I knew Rangers were possibly going to come back in,” he added.

But if they really wanted me I think they’d have put down the money.

“In January I might have a few offers. I’ll be a free agent and if I’m playing well enough, there might be a decision to be made.”

Walker was axed from the Hearts first-team in August by the then-manager Ian Cathro as the summer transfer saga rumbled on.

The attack-minded winger has since returned to the regular starting line-up under the charge of Craig Levein in the Scottish top-flight but is yet to hit the form that he found last season when he scored 15 goals and supplied seven assists across all competitions.

After watching Mclean and hearing about this .

I really do hope we are going for Moult before any of these 2 players

Might be just my reading of it but it sounds like he's preparing himself for Rangers not coming in for him and possibly going for someone else instead (Lewis Morgan) so he's putting himself on the market for other teams...