Slovenia v Scotland

3 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Iceland have a superb mentality and fight for each other. 

As for the Faroes.. We are away to Hungary tomorrow and we are going for the win. We want to finish 3rd in the group, which would be amazing for us. Just a shame we couldnt score on saturday... hit the post three times and missed sitters. Gutted.

Good luck tomorrow, a truly remarkable achievement if yous finish 3rd and the rise of the national team has been sensational.

Just now, plumbGER said:

Yeah mate, i realise that but football isn't quite as simple as that and picking players because they play in a better league rather than on individual merits doesn't sound right to me.

I know but thats like me saying pick a Linfield player because he is outstanding in the IL over a player playing 1st division in England.If they are that good they would be playing down south in England.Look at Scottish teams in Europe over the last decade.

3 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Good luck tomorrow, a truly remarkable achievement if yous finish 3rd and the rise of the national team has been sensational.

Cheers. We should have beaten them at home. We are getting better all the time and we have a batch of youngsters coming through that are much better... current team are quite young as well, so hopefully we will see the finals soon enough, haha.

1 minute ago, bluedylan said:

I know but thats like me saying pick a Linfield player because he is outstanding in the IL over a player playing 1st division in England.If they are that good they would be playing down south in England.Look at Scottish teams in Europe over the last decade.

Yes mate i know where you are coming from but the English championship is nowhere near the standard that it is made out to be, a lot of money for sure but so over rated.

For talking sake, you can have a boy playing out his skin for a Hearts or Aberdeen and be continually over looked, then he gets a move to some mid table championship club to fill their bench but is suddenly included even though not playing as regularly and as in form.

I just don't think the leagie you play in is reason enough for a call up.

What i don't like either is we are taking the Jack Charlton route by filling the squad with English boys through the grandparent route.

9 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Cheers. We should have beaten them at home. We are getting better all the time and we have a batch of youngsters coming through that are much better... current team are quite young as well, so hopefully we will see the finals soon enough, haha.

I'd be very confident to say you will probably be at a finals before Scotland:lol:

1 hour ago, johanhentze said:

Which is proof that you can't write those sides off like everyone wants San Marino banned lol.

2 hours ago, johanhentze said:

Iceland have a superb mentality and fight for each other. 

As for the Faroes.. We are away to Hungary tomorrow and we are going for the win. We want to finish 3rd in the group, which would be amazing for us. Just a shame we couldnt score on saturday... hit the post three times and missed sitters. Gutted.

That would be a great achievement, and give Faroes a seeding boost for the EURO2020 campaign. Definitely a well organised outfit, I regularly watch the games on the red button as the home crowd produce a great atmosphere (you and your bearded pal!!)

25 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

That would be a great achievement, and give Faroes a seeding boost for the EURO2020 campaign. Definitely a well organised outfit, I regularly watch the games on the red button as the home crowd produce a great atmosphere (you and your bearded pal!!)

It certainly would.Im quite looking forward to this Nations League/Cup thing next year. Will be good to see where we are compared to the teams around us..

Just now, johanhentze said:

At least we are improving ;) Also... teams like Andorra and Kosovo will frustrate most teams. Portugal needed a bit of Ronaldo magic the other day to beat them (Andorra).

Whilst that maybe true. They’re aw still shite. International football is bollocks. 

I would hope one day you’ll see the faroes in amongst it mate but I can’t see it. It’s going the way of club football where it’s the same teams all the time.

World cups are pish, euros are pish. 4 days to go.

17 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

Whilst that maybe true. They’re aw still shite. International football is bollocks. 

I would hope one day you’ll see the faroes in amongst it mate but I can’t see it. It’s going the way of club football where it’s the same teams all the time.

World cups are pish, euros are pish. 4 days to go.

People used to say that about Iceland. Our population is only 50.000 compared to their 350.000 but... they have proven what can be done when you change the way you do things...when you start being smart about how you do things. Smaller nations have to do this.

5 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

People used to say that about Iceland. Our population is only 50.000 compared to their 350.000 but... they have proven what can be done when you change the way you do things...when you start being smart about how you do things. Smaller nations have to do this.

In modern international football, being professional, well organised and doing the basics well - makes anyone hard to beat.

There really are very few mugs at international level any more.

1 minute ago, Badger said:

In modern international football, being professional, well organised and doing the basics well - makes anyone hard to beat.

There really are very few mugs at international level any more.

This is true. If you are organised like Iceland then you only need a couple of players like Sigurðsson to top the group. 

13 hours ago, gersandy said:

The likes of Gordon, Brown, Fletcher x 2, Berra, Mulgrew, Anya, etc are finished now.  Scotland are getting nowhere with these players. 

They should be finished but in reality who are the alternatives? There aren't many talented younger players coming through.