Jump to content
BridgeIsBlue

Slovenia v Scotland

Recommended Posts

Just now, plumbGER said:

He has a point about them leagues being over rated imo.

Picking players just because they play in those leagues would be pretty misguided.

They are overrated but they are far superior than the SPL and the players are playing against tougher opposition week in week out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, keithgersbear said:

If Iceland can qualify for tournaments and compete then absolutely no excuse for Scotland, it's just poor mentality, already storing excuses like Strachan using the tall bollocks. Scotland last night put in a disgraceful performance, instead of standing strong and making sure they win the game they capitulated. 

Iceland have a superb mentality and fight for each other. 

As for the Faroes.. We are away to Hungary tomorrow and we are going for the win. We want to finish 3rd in the group, which would be amazing for us. Just a shame we couldnt score on saturday... hit the post three times and missed sitters. Gutted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bluedylan said:

They are overrated but they are far superior than the SPL and the players are playing against tougher opposition week in week out

Yeah mate, i realise that but football isn't quite as simple as that and picking players because they play in a better league rather than on individual merits doesn't sound right to me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Iceland have a superb mentality and fight for each other. 

As for the Faroes.. We are away to Hungary tomorrow and we are going for the win. We want to finish 3rd in the group, which would be amazing for us. Just a shame we couldnt score on saturday... hit the post three times and missed sitters. Gutted.

Good luck tomorrow, a truly remarkable achievement if yous finish 3rd and the rise of the national team has been sensational.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, plumbGER said:

Yeah mate, i realise that but football isn't quite as simple as that and picking players because they play in a better league rather than on individual merits doesn't sound right to me.

 

I know but thats like me saying pick a Linfield player because he is outstanding in the IL over a player playing 1st division in England.If they are that good they would be playing down south in England.Look at Scottish teams in Europe over the last decade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Good luck tomorrow, a truly remarkable achievement if yous finish 3rd and the rise of the national team has been sensational.

 

Cheers. We should have beaten them at home. We are getting better all the time and we have a batch of youngsters coming through that are much better... current team are quite young as well, so hopefully we will see the finals soon enough, haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bluedylan said:

I know but thats like me saying pick a Linfield player because he is outstanding in the IL over a player playing 1st division in England.If they are that good they would be playing down south in England.Look at Scottish teams in Europe over the last decade.

Yes mate i know where you are coming from but the English championship is nowhere near the standard that it is made out to be, a lot of money for sure but so over rated.

For talking sake, you can have a boy playing out his skin for a Hearts or Aberdeen and be continually over looked, then he gets a move to some mid table championship club to fill their bench but is suddenly included even though not playing as regularly and as in form.

I just don't think the leagie you play in is reason enough for a call up.

What i don't like either is we are taking the Jack Charlton route by filling the squad with English boys through the grandparent route.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Cheers. We should have beaten them at home. We are getting better all the time and we have a batch of youngsters coming through that are much better... current team are quite young as well, so hopefully we will see the finals soon enough, haha.

I'd be very confident to say you will probably be at a finals before Scotland:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, plumbGER said:

I'd be very confident to say you will probably be at a finals before Scotland:lol:

Surely not!! :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The likes of Gordon, Brown, Fletcher x 2, Berra, Mulgrew, Anya, etc are finished now.  Scotland are getting nowhere with these players. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, gersandy said:

The likes of Gordon, Brown, Fletcher x 2, Berra, Mulgrew, Anya, etc are finished now.  Scotland are getting nowhere with these players. 

 

Good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, johanhentze said:

Cheers. We should have beaten them at home. We are getting better all the time and we have a batch of youngsters coming through that are much better... current team are quite young as well, so hopefully we will see the finals soon enough, haha.

Which is proof that you can't write those sides off like everyone wants San Marino banned lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, johanhentze said:

Iceland have a superb mentality and fight for each other. 

As for the Faroes.. We are away to Hungary tomorrow and we are going for the win. We want to finish 3rd in the group, which would be amazing for us. Just a shame we couldnt score on saturday... hit the post three times and missed sitters. Gutted.

That would be a great achievement, and give Faroes a seeding boost for the EURO2020 campaign. Definitely a well organised outfit, I regularly watch the games on the red button as the home crowd produce a great atmosphere (you and your bearded pal!!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Faroes Scotland Luxembourg Liechtenstein Kosovo Andorra Theyre aw shite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

Faroes Scotland Luxembourg Liechtenstein Kosovo Andorra Theyre aw shite

@johanhentze

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

Faroes Scotland Luxembourg Liechtenstein Kosovo Andorra Theyre aw shite

At least we are improving ;) Also... teams like Andorra and Kosovo will frustrate most teams. Portugal needed a bit of Ronaldo magic the other day to beat them (Andorra).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

That would be a great achievement, and give Faroes a seeding boost for the EURO2020 campaign. Definitely a well organised outfit, I regularly watch the games on the red button as the home crowd produce a great atmosphere (you and your bearded pal!!)

It certainly would.Im quite looking forward to this Nations League/Cup thing next year. Will be good to see where we are compared to the teams around us..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, johanhentze said:

At least we are improving ;) Also... teams like Andorra and Kosovo will frustrate most teams. Portugal needed a bit of Ronaldo magic the other day to beat them (Andorra).

Whilst that maybe true. They’re aw still shite. International football is bollocks. 

I would hope one day you’ll see the faroes in amongst it mate but I can’t see it. It’s going the way of club football where it’s the same teams all the time.

World cups are pish, euros are pish. 4 days to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

Whilst that maybe true. They’re aw still shite. International football is bollocks. 

I would hope one day you’ll see the faroes in amongst it mate but I can’t see it. It’s going the way of club football where it’s the same teams all the time.

World cups are pish, euros are pish. 4 days to go.

People used to say that about Iceland. Our population is only 50.000 compared to their 350.000 but... they have proven what can be done when you change the way you do things...when you start being smart about how you do things. Smaller nations have to do this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

People used to say that about Iceland. Our population is only 50.000 compared to their 350.000 but... they have proven what can be done when you change the way you do things...when you start being smart about how you do things. Smaller nations have to do this.

In modern international football, being professional, well organised and doing the basics well - makes anyone hard to beat.

There really are very few mugs at international level any more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Badger said:

In modern international football, being professional, well organised and doing the basics well - makes anyone hard to beat.

There really are very few mugs at international level any more.

This is true. If you are organised like Iceland then you only need a couple of players like Sigurðsson to top the group. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Badger said:

In modern international football, being professional, well organised and doing the basics well - makes anyone hard to beat.

There really are very few mugs at international level any more.

Unless you don't have the genetics, like us mugs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I texted Radio Scotland saying our best chance of qualifying was to have a UK team,they didn't read it out:mutley:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Unless you don't have the genetics, like us mugs.

Cant believe he said that :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×