Slovenia v Scotland

17 hours ago, johanhentze said:

Iceland have a superb mentality and fight for each other. 

As for the Faroes.. We are away to Hungary tomorrow and we are going for the win. We want to finish 3rd in the group, which would be amazing for us. Just a shame we couldnt score on saturday... hit the post three times and missed sitters. Gutted.

Fucked my coupon with that draw, Faroes really seem on the up hopefully they go from strength to strength.

2 hours ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Fucked my coupon with that draw, Faroes really seem on the up hopefully they go from strength to strength.

Hungary or Latvia? 

We have been really unlucky with injuries to our best (professional) players for most of our games. Tonight is no exception.. we are having tonleave out three of our best players.. im sure the others will fight hard but we need a bit of quality tonight!

2 hours ago, johanhentze said:

Hungary or Latvia? 

We have been really unlucky with injuries to our best (professional) players for most of our games. Tonight is no exception.. we are having tonleave out three of our best players.. im sure the others will fight hard but we need a bit of quality tonight!

Latvia, tempted to put the faroes on again at 12/1.

On 10/10/2017 at 09:38, DBBTB said:

They should be finished but in reality who are the alternatives? There aren't many talented younger players coming through.

As much as it pains me, mcGregor, Forrest  should have played. Tierney should be playing in his natural position. Robertson can't get a game for Liverpool, why is he playing? 

Guys on form aren't getting a should like Stevie May. 

Cue the pelters .......

Just now, folkestoneger said:

How did that work out for Vladimir. What’s that ? He didn’t actually make it after all?

Oh dear, never mind move on :rofl::rofl:

No tartan army in Moscow

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA.

Does anyone think Scotland would be better off solely picking players in the SPFL? Or even saying 3-4 players in the squad can play outside Scotland (like Wales, New Zealand, Australia do Rugby) I know it might make the team weaker initially, but long-term it could work far better than giving games to Championship players who barely kick a ball. 

I think Strachan's downfall has been that he doesn't rate the Scottish leagues, and has ignored in-form players in this league for out of form players in the English ones. I don't really have any interest in the National team at present, but surely anyone with half a footballing brain could see that McGregor or Forest should have got in ahead of the likes of Bannan (has he ever done anything in a Scotland shirt) and Phillips. It might also drag the level of the league up if players know that playing in England means you're less likely to get picked. 

8 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Phillips

I don't think i have ever seen this guy play before, don't even know who he plays for.

Had this discussion the other day, just because they play in England doesn't mean they are better players, it's the most over-rated and over inflated league in the world, the standard is poor imo.

5 hours ago, plymouthranger said:

Does anyone think Scotland would be better off solely picking players in the SPFL? Or even saying 3-4 players in the squad can play outside Scotland (like Wales, New Zealand, Australia do Rugby) I know it might make the team weaker initially, but long-term it could work far better than giving games to Championship players who barely kick a ball. 

I think Strachan's downfall has been that he doesn't rate the Scottish leagues, and has ignored in-form players in this league for out of form players in the English ones. I don't really have any interest in the National team at present, but surely anyone with half a footballing brain could see that McGregor or Forest should have got in ahead of the likes of Bannan (has he ever done anything in a Scotland shirt) and Phillips. It might also drag the level of the league up if players know that playing in England means you're less likely to get picked. 

It sounds like a bad idea on first hearing, but the more you think about it.... it would probably work.

+20 caps can be picked regardless. The rest of the squad has to come from the SPFL with a couple of wildcards allowed.

5 hours ago, plumbGER said:

I don't think i have ever seen this guy play before, don't even know who he plays for.

Had this discussion the other day, just because they play in England doesn't mean they are better players, it's the most over-rated and over inflated league in the world, the standard is poor imo.

He was awful, he plays for WBA and anytime I am watching  MOTD he looks decent, a poor mans James Beattie.

23 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Strachan has made numerous mistakes in this campaign, his favouritism towards Bannan, Phillips, Fletcher and Mulgrew especially.

The midfield three should be McArthur, Morrison and McGregor in a 3-5-1-1 formation as Tierney at RB clearly doesn't work.

Archer

Cooper Martin Tierney

Anya McArthur Morrison McGregor Robertson

Snodgrass/Ritchie

Griffiths

That in my view is a far more balance team and much stronger than seeing gash like Mulgrew, Bannan, Martin, Fletcher, Forrest etc. Still not strong enough mind you..

The back 3 sound like a firm of solicitors, excuse my ignorance but who is Cooper?

On 10 October 2017 at 10:27, Gustav said:

Awwww nawwwww :lol: 

There is a clip on the BBC website from Dutch 4th Division where they ask if it is the worse miss ever. So I watched the Van Vossen one again, which runs it close. But this one takes the crown.

Some rabid tim nugget on Clyde this evening, saying that being the Scotland boss should be the easiest job in Scottish football - just pick 8 celtic players and choose three others others!!:duh::duh: What chance does Scottish football have with these people?? Absolutely blinded by their own delusions. Is it any wonder Rangers fans are turning away in their droves from the national team?

1 hour ago, don logan said:

There is a clip on the BBC website from Dutch 4th Division where they ask if it is the worse miss ever. So I watched the Van Vossen one again, which runs it close. But this one takes the crown.

Still have cold sweat about that, doubt I will ever see a worse miss. 

10 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Was he not keeping Boyd out the side at the time he was rattling them in for us ? No wonder he spat the dummy that lump of wid keeping you out the side 

Spot on, forgot about that carry on with Boyd and Burley. The media are going on about inquests and more think tanks - when the problem with our past and present failures lay firmly at the door of SFA recruitment and the lack of intervention with mangers with a blinded attitude to player selection and management. I can't ever see it improving, particularly when you see the possible names being brought up as Strachan's replacement. Malky Mackay ffs, he has been lined up for this ever since he took over the fake DoF role.

7 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Still have cold sweat about that, doubt I will ever see a worse miss. 

There is one popped up yesterday, from a Dutch striker that has to be seen to be believed  it is a total open goal with nobody near him and he blooters it over the bar.