Pedro Caixinha: Rangers have gone up a level

Loyaleastend

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, harlands plater said:

Wouldn't you expect professionals to train well? The clue is in the word "professional". 

I would  much rather be posting that we "played well" but there hasn't been many opportunities to do that under this manager.

That's important, of course, but training well, as in training with a particular aim in mind, is important as well;  the manager obviously has some reason for emphasising that we train well and maybe we should respect that, without knowing the whole ins and out of what that entails.  On your second point, I think we have been playing well at times, and the performances, as a whole, have been better than last season. I think the manager has a plan for the way the team plays, and I'm willing to give him the time to bring that further to our first team performances.

All that counts is a win because we need to keep consistency going, some people on here moaned when we won 4-1 which seemed daft. The reality is again he'll be a loss away from apparent disaster, I want to see the squad keep improving but a win is all I care about.

4 hours ago, sonofbear said:

It wasn't a real game. The clue is in the words " behind closed doors bounce game". 

Each group of players played with the same formation and tactics for their 35min. The never changed tactics during it, so it won't help to being able to change formation/tactics in a real game. 

6 hours ago, OhW said:

Your discussion with @.Williamson. was about the young defenders. The headline has no relevance.

Really! The headline was all @.Williamson.had read at that point - hence the relevance -  at least keep up if you're going to butt in. 

6 hours ago, ben51 said:

An unnecessary comment which will only put pressure on him and his players. Especially after the game he's referring to finished 3-3.

Simply doesn't help himself. 

He doesn’t help himself. Literally weekly he leaves me flabbergasted with the nonsense he spouts and this weeks no different 

there’s a lot of who I consider intelligent supporters who buy the bullshit he spouts every time and thinks it’s great when in reality there’s zero substance to any of it 

I think Pedro is a guy we all want to like...  He does say the right things and that's probably what got him the job.  But surely to fuck he knows by now that the only things that matter at The Rangers is winning.  Nothing else.  Walter always sad 'At a club like The Rangers the expectations are simple... win'.  Or something like that.

Winning ugly is ok too Pedro. Sometimes I feel like we have gone up a level.  We have a decent level of player.  But the difference between top teams and shite is consistency.  Everyone has talent... but can they perform under pressure.. can they do it when it really counts?  That's what has always made a Rangers player.  Courage.  Perform under pressure.  I've always said even if Brasil came to Ibrox, I'd be disappointed to lose.  I can never see us losing.  That's what the players need.

I do fear that we don't have a manager that can let the players know what being a Rangers player is all about.  How would Pedro know? Anyway... hope he succeeds.. I'm sure we all do. :tu:

10 hours ago, ben51 said:

An unnecessary comment which will only put pressure on him and his players. Especially after the game he's referring to finished 3-3.

Simply doesn't help himself. 

Really? That's a standard comment, and nothing will take away or add to pressure he already faces. Perhaps you should give the manager a chance and look at what he says with a little more interest.

13 minutes ago, OhW said:

What the squad does in training is irrelevant if we don't win. Posts like @harlands plater's don't risk anything.

The mental gymnastics are getting more elaborate. 

What the squad does in training is always relevant. The second point is in your opinion. Can you explain the term "mental gymnastics", and what on earth is "elaborate" about my comments?

I think a few bears saw the 3-3 result and what Pedro said about going up a level then think it's linked. We played 3 different teams for 35 minutes each in the 3-3 game. One of the teams we used had a defense mainly of teenagers some of whom I'm sure hadn't played in the first team before? 

In my opinion it seems whatever Pedro does or says some fans will never give him a chance. 

See really, all managers and players talk shite. It’s not pulling wool over anyones eyes or anything else. 

Bottom line is you can spout all the pish you want it you’re successful, and Your ridiculed for every comment if you’re not. Look at Strachan’s ‘genetics’ as an example, or rogers being stopping in the Clyde tunnel and being told by Rangers fan he’s the man ending sectarianism (or whatever the story was). 

Win, and no questions asked.