Pedro Caixinha: Rangers have gone up a level

Loyaleastend

1 hour ago, OhW said:

The training is irrelevant to us fans if we win. The results are what matter to us. If results are pish then we start wondering about things like training.

Mental gymnastics means you are jumping through more and more hoops to explain away Pedro's horeshit and pish results. 

Indeed. Where have I explained away the results and the manager's comments about training etc?  And, by the way, you don't speak for all fans, do you?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

See really, all managers and players talk shite. It’s not pulling wool over anyones eyes or anything else. 

Bottom line is you can spout all the pish you want it you’re successful, and Your ridiculed for every comment if you’re not. Look at Strachan’s ‘genetics’ as an example, or rogers being stopping in the Clyde tunnel and being told by Rangers fan he’s the man ending sectarianism (or whatever the story was). 

Win, and no questions asked. 

Exactly mate what he says behind close doors is what matters.

Just now, OhW said:

I'm confident that I speak for the fans when I say that if results were good we wouldn't care what's going on at training. 

"Where have I explained away the results and the manager's comments?"  Eh we've been going back and forth with each other for the last 8 months. Anyone is free to click on your profile and read your posts about Pedro,. 

You don't speak for me about the relevance of training win lose or draw, that's for sure. Is that your example where I have "explained away" the managers words and the performances? Unless you can answer it directly then I'll leave it there.  

19 hours ago, harlands plater said:

Wouldn't you expect professionals to train well? The clue is in the word "professional". 

I would  much rather be posting that we "played well" but there hasn't been many opportunities to do that under this manager.

He gave virtually a five minute interview, in that time he spoke about the international break, so the context of his comments was on what the team were doing, particularly the younger players and those not playing much, in that time; it's also worth mentioning that the interviewer leads the interview with the comment that it was a "fantastic" opportunity for those players to get game time. "So overall, it was a really good week and we are starting this week on a totally different level as we prepare for the next match"; this is his comment in that context, under the headline of the article  Close To Full Strength. The match with Morton was helpful I would say, and as the manager highlighted they play at a pace similar to our opponents on Friday; which with an international break will have been more than useful and is extremely relevant to the team's performance in that match. 

4 hours ago, rangerslion said:

I think a few bears saw the 3-3 result and what Pedro said about going up a level then think it's linked. We played 3 different teams for 35 minutes each in the 3-3 game. One of the teams we used had a defense mainly of teenagers some of whom I'm sure hadn't played in the first team before? 

In my opinion it seems whatever Pedro does or says some fans will never give him a chance. 

And two of the groups were first team players that conceded 2 goals to Morton in under 70 mins. 

We clearly haven't went up a level when it comes to defence. Bounce game or not, that shouldn't be happening. 

I'm sure it was Alex Ferguson who said when taking Man U to Ibrox for a friendly: "Rangers don't play friendlies". 

9 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

And two of the groups were first team players that conceded 2 goals to Morton in under 70 mins. 

We clearly haven't went up a level when it comes to defence. Bounce game or not, that shouldn't be happening. 

I'm sure it was Alex Ferguson who said when taking Man U to Ibrox for a friendly: "Rangers don't play friendlies". 

We didn't have our first four at the back though, does that make any difference?

10 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

We didn't have our first four at the back though, does that make any difference?

Apart from Alves. Those first two thirds were first team players. They conceded 2 goals in under 70mins. 

That is worrying and certainly isn't "going up a level"

2 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Apart from Alves. Those first two thirds were first team players. They conceded 2 goals in under 70mins. 

That is worrying and certainly isn't "going up a level"

McCrorie wasn't playing either. We had a 15 and a 17 year old in the team. Do you know if Cardoso and Wilson played together at any point in that game?

5 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

McCrorie wasn't playing either. We had a 15 and a 17 year old in the team. Do you know if Cardoso and Wilson played together at any point in that game?

I don't. I asked earlier in the thread if anyone knew the line ups. No one has said so can only go by what Pedro said, which was we had teenagers playing in every position across the back line in the last third, and they only conceded from a direct free kick. The other 2 3rds were first team players. Which I guess from our squad Wilson and Cardoso played in those first 2 thirds. Conceding 2 goals. 

1 hour ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

I don't. I asked earlier in the thread if anyone knew the line ups. No one has said so can only go by what Pedro said, which was we had teenagers playing in every position across the back line in the last third, and they only conceded from a direct free kick. The other 2 3rds were first team players. Which I guess from our squad Wilson and Cardoso played in those first 2 thirds. Conceding 2 goals. 

Cheers. It would be interesting to know how a little more about those three 35s, in terms of line ups etc. Hopefully we win this game coming up quite well, with a strong team on the park.