*** The Official St Johnstone vs Rangers Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

I'll say it now. Pena is fundamental to us having a good season. 

He has had a better game so far tonight. Shown glimpses of real talent, though the rest of the midfield are not supporting him. Holt may as well have been suspended given his contribution so far...

StJ started off quite physical but we have got ourselves a bit more composure as time went on. Big improvement needed second half by the majority of the team though. Candeias, Pena and Morelos just about getting pass marks from me.

2 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Pena frustrating there again right at the end. Can't get away from one of their players and falls over.

But he produces moments that are excellent. I honestly think his passing is very good at times but at other times it looks like he has never run in his life or passed a ball. Odd. Especially as he clearly knows how to finish.

Beginning to remind me of David Platt.

You never saw him but then he’d pop up with a vital goal.

Which is ok if the rest of your team is firing ok.

4 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Pena frustrating there again right at the end. Can't get away from one of their players and falls over.

But he produces moments that are excellent. I honestly think his passing is very good at times but at other times it looks like he has never run in his life or passed a ball. Odd. Especially as he clearly knows how to finish.

He will be getting used to the pace of the game.  

The passing seems pretty gash except for brief bursts of decent play, pena did well for the finish but between him and windass i really do not know who is worse at controlling a ball.  

good to see us chasing the ball with high intensity at times , just hope they dont tire and fade away in the second half.

when teams arent sitting back against us we tend to suit playing this way so hopefully a second will come the longer it goes on, st johnstone hane nothing to lose and wont sit back so optimistic. 

How fucking high does alves jump ? ???

Holts much better coming on later in games,  his energy has been an asset against tiring teams, but when he starts and is at the same level of freshness as the other team  he's poor.

Quite happy to emerge from the start and half with a lead, fucking concentrate we seem to be developing a knack of losing goals after the re start.