*** The Official St Johnstone vs Rangers Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

8 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

He's everywhere. Perfect at leading the line 

and got that prick Anderson a deserved red card, wee man never scored but put in a helluva shift

look much more solid at the back with Bruno there

Will the Pena detractors cut him some slack now, two great crosses from Tav for the first two goals

1 minute ago, jamess said:

Windass off  - totally missed he was actually on the pitch

Yip. An absolute passenger. Not gonna lie, I fell for it the same as everyone else after the first half at motherwell and thought he was a world beater despite witching him for a year and knowing he was shit. For us to win a difficult away game 3-0 with that cunt, maybe we're not as bad as we think.

9 minutes ago, GaryMc said:

Play Pena up front and get him out of midfield. Class in the box.

Great win. Chuffed with that as wasn't expecting it to be honest.

....and deny him his ghosted runs into the box, which is the reason he scores those goals? Nah.

3 minutes ago, Grundy said:

Good result, not only a good score line but we won a fair few battles tonight.  Windass is still pish, never a Rangers player.  The defence still gives me the fear to an extent and Morelos deserved a goal but it wasn't to be.

Defence wasn't that bad defending corners was a real weak point last season. Lost count of their corners and not to lose a goal from any is a real plus.

5 minutes ago, Chineseboy said:

Alves was superb tonight. Tav just gets better every time I see him.

Tav still confuses me. Out of position several times, doesn't race back to get into position, leaves the RB position open far too often. Some great balls into the box going forward though, but defensively gives me the fear

31 minutes ago, SouthamptonGer said:

Love Morelos. 

Lost count of how often Pena has got in the box tonight. Sadly not more goals yet but I'm liking what I see.

Pena does a lot right but with the ball at his feet he can't beat a man and he looks incredibly slow at times. 

1 minute ago, ranter said:

Defence wasn't that bad defending corners was a real weak point last season. Lost count of their corners and not to lose a goal from any is a real plus.

Wes could have saved a whole load of drama by just coming out and claiming the ball.

Really happy with those 3 points....difficult away game. Morelos is an absolute machine, and happy to see he was disappointed at coming off. The guys desperate for goals!! 

Dorrans needs to calm down a bit....can see him getting a few reds this season. 

Pena is a weird player to fathom out. Strong and has ability but also looks wooden and flat footed at times. 

Was hard fraught but a win is a win!! Can see signs of improvement!!

Quite a few good performances tonight, Alves, Dorrans, Tav, thought wee Holt was decent as well. 

Cardosa is fucking wank, man. He's gonna cost a few times this season. Windass couldn't get into it, again. 

Delighted for Pena, hopefully he's getting there, good for his confidence, but his touch can still be brutal. Delighted for Pedro, and delighted with a clean sheet. 

Still very much a work in progress, but undoubtedly there is progress. 

Have a good weekend, Bears!