*** The Official St Johnstone vs Rangers Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

12 minutes ago, Parlaneloyal said:

St Johnstone have punched above their weight the last few seasons.

Tommy Wright is a good manager who I would've had at Ibrox instead of Ally when we were coming back up the league's but not now.

I think we'll win with a bit to spare 

3-1

I agree, I think we'll win this. Nice scoreline, and it's always preferable for us to be more than one goal ahead, especially late in a game.

1 hour ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

Friday games make me nervous. stung so many times 

I agree. I don't know what it is but they always make me nervous, too. I don't know if it's coz they tend to be against the smaller teams and over the past five years we've been slipping up against those smaller teams who we should be beating comfortably.

Is our form any better on a Friday night game, than it is on a Saturday game?

Maybe it's just the teams we've played, on a Friday night, that make me believe we're better then, than a Saturday??

Just checked our form, and we've 1 win & 1 draw on a Friday night.

We should demand more Sunday games though, as we've won all 3 this season.

0-2, away v Sheffield Wednesday.

1-2, away v Motherwell.

1-3, away v Ross County.

Our next game is on a Sunday, league cup semi final v Motherwell, at Hampden. ?

6 minutes ago, Zulu said:

Bit nervous about this one we are not too good at winning games we have to win

How do you define must-win?

Did the last 4-1 game before the break not fall into this category?  This one is as much a must win game as every game.

Big test against an organised team that will be well motivated. We really need the 3 points if we want to keep in touch with second place.

One plus is that our top tier away form under Pedro (no defeats) which suggests the players struggle with the pressure of playing at Ibrox.

It's curious but it was the opposite under Mark Warburton, good top tier home  record but poor on the road.

Unpredictable for me.

The team will improve and the results the more games they play, people forget it's an entirely new team. Teething problems were always going to happen but we have a far better team now than last season already. Pedro's had 1 transfer window and there's not a manager in the world where every signing he makes is perfect. I am confident we will turn st Johnstone over on Friday. 

I think this will be tight, St Johnstone will score at least 1, so we'll need to have our shooting boots on

Would go with

Wes; John, Alves, McCrorie, Tavernier; Holt, Dorrans, Windass, Candeias; Herrera, Morelos

EDIT: Forgot Jack was out, Holt in there instead