*** The Official St Johnstone vs Rangers Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

6 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Pedro has to sort out the left side.  Tav/Candeias look good together on the right and Tav is defending more comfortably than before.  Declan John needs a Candeias type in front of him and Windass is not the answer.  Try Beerman in front of John, both have pace and wee Beerman offers more in defense, though not great than Windass.  

I'm told john played left mid aswell in the past, him and Wallace when he's back may be worth a try although I'd like to see better than Wallace long term.

6 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Pedro has to sort out the left side.  Tav/Candeias look good together on the right and Tav is defending more comfortably than before.  Declan John needs a Candeias type in front of him and Windass is not the answer.  Try Beerman in front of John, both have pace and wee Beerman offers more in defense, though not great than Windass.  

I'm told john played left mid aswell in the past, him and Wallace when he's back may be worth a try although I'd like to see better than Wallace long term.

11 minutes ago, Billy1984 said:

That would be my shout for the short term, although a rethink is required if, as mentioned later, Wallace won’t be back this year.

51 minutes ago, pcbear said:

"GOALIES" should have been the shout at the corners with Wes claiming them or at least getting a hefty punch on the ball, staying rooted to the line invites drama.

Yes.

He’s been a bit more positive lately, but was erratic with it on Friday.

12 minutes ago, HG5 said:

That would be my shout for the short term, although a rethink is required if, as mentioned later, Wallace won’t be back this year.

Windass is certainly the weak link out there. He shows odd flashes of ability but is a passenger for the most part and was terrible on Friday.