Pedros Presser

Lloyd

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He has come out with some awful patter but normally when he's hit with a genuine football/performance/tactical based question - his answers are to the point and relevant. I'm taking less and less interest in these press conferences.

Lets just see what Friday brings, I'm hoping for and expecting 3 points.

I agree with Courtyard Bear, and I said it in another thread, Pedro knows the Scottish hacks are an illiterate bunch and he's enjoying ripping the pish out of them. I don't always agree with his comments but I think his contempt for them is obvious.  A wee bit like Walter.

3 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

He's drowning and desperate, he's not mentally unstable, just pissing against the wind, completely out of his depth. We all know how this pans out, he probably does too but is hanging on for dear life and as such is making an arse of statements etc. 

Every time you post on here you make an arse of it.

More or less every post is a dig at the manager. It's sad.

because the manager is foreign and sometimes leaves things open to interpretation with what he says and how he says it means people can turn it into something good or something bad. Some people on here just always make out it's a 'load of pish' because they probably don't understand what he's trying to say which I can understand to a certain extent... I think we are moving in the right direction and Pedro will take us too 'another level'. He's an intelligent man and his hard work philosophy is something we have desperately lacked and he is addressing many problems we have had over recent years. Look at how he has improved us down the right side with the tav and candieas partnership, we look a lot more solid as he has the winger defending also and I think we can all agree we have looked a lot better down that side. I read the other day that he has been drilling this philosophy into young windass as well so we will have that similar partnership down the left. Just an observation but one that got overlooked by MW. I think we will see a more disciplined side  and it will take a while for it all to come together. Be patient bears and we will see that Pedro is the man!!! 

2 hours ago, MrMckee said:

because the manager is foreign and sometimes leaves things open to interpretation with what he says and how he says it means people can turn it into something good or something bad. Some people on here just always make out it's a 'load of pish' because they probably don't understand what he's trying to say which I can understand to a certain extent... I think we are moving in the right direction and Pedro will take us too 'another level'. He's an intelligent man and his hard work philosophy is something we have desperately lacked and he is addressing many problems we have had over recent years. Look at how he has improved us down the right side with the tav and candieas partnership, we look a lot more solid as he has the winger defending also and I think we can all agree we have looked a lot better down that side. I read the other day that he has been drilling this philosophy into young windass as well so we will have that similar partnership down the left. Just an observation but one that got overlooked by MW. I think we will see a more disciplined side  and it will take a while for it all to come together. Be patient bears and we will see that Pedro is the man!!! 

What if we are patient, and he isn't.

14 hours ago, MrMckee said:

I agree with this mate. 

Also believe if Windass continues to struggle to pick up the defensive side we'll see a partnership of John at left mid and Wallace at left back when fit.  

21 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Might be wrong but is he not contradicting himself here, I'm sure earlier in the season Pedro himself told the media his starting 11 two days before the match and when it was put to him that the opposition could gain an advantage from knowing the starting 11 he said it makes no difference 

Didn't he defend his decision to do it and said it was normal in Portugal for teams to be announced in advance, even if someone did say to them big fucking deal the players we have compared to theirs should have won easily. 

Pedro is reaching Ally stages now where you wish he would just say nothing, someone at the club should take him aside and explain how he makes himself look stupid at some points.

From what I remember, when he revealed the team in advance last season it was partly because there were so few people who could play that it almost picked itself. Either way, if it's true the issue with St J getting leaks after training last season isn't necessarily the line-up. If they had that info it is more than likely they were given more than just who was playing. 

Another paranoid episode with Pedro. He's made a claim someone within the club leaked the line-up. Wher's the evidence? And if there isn't any, and i suspect there isn't, then he should have kept his gub shut - again! 

He's Making a rod for his own back i'm afraid

5 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Another paranoid episode with Pedro. He's made a claim someone within the club leaked the line-up. Wher's the evidence? And if there isn't any, and i suspect there isn't, then he should have kept his gub shut - again! 

He's Making a rod for his own back i'm afraid

I think Pedro is a wee bit too honest -- and tries to mask it in a diplomatic way.  I listened well to this interview -- and he's very good at answering in a way not to cause him bother.  But he does know his stuff.  Whether or not that will mean success at The Rangers, no one knows :tu:

There's absolutely nothing untoward in this press conference at all....that is unless your raison d'être is wanting to find things to get upset about.  Then you could do that in every interview in the world ever.

Some of our fans have the cheek to moan about journalists.

18 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

Really struggle to listen to him. That st Johnstone leak thing how does he know that? Totally contradicts his naming the starting 11 cos it doesn't matter. Just comes across as paraniod and stupid. 

I think the point is that he named the squad on a couple of occasions but a player named the squad directly to the opponent. 

Spider caught a fly. 

18 hours ago, Grundy said:

I agree with Courtyard Bear, and I said it in another thread, Pedro knows the Scottish hacks are an illiterate bunch and he's enjoying ripping the pish out of them. I don't always agree with his comments but I think his contempt for them is obvious.  A wee bit like Walter.

Tommy Wright didn't take it well :lol: 

'FAKE NEWS' 

Rangers boss Pedro Caixinha branded ‘paranoid’ and ‘disrespectful’ by St Johnstone gaffer Tommy Wright over claims Ibrox insider leaked starting XI to Saints last season

Wright has hit back after Caixinha said the McDiarmid Park side changed their training times last season to wait on news of the Gers line-up

ST JOHNSTONE boss Tommy Wright has hit back at “paranoid” Pedro Caixinha following claims his side were leaked team information.

The Rangers manager alleged that Wright had been fed team news from his camp ahead of the final game of last season, which supposedly led to a delayed training session specifically designed to counter Gers’ threats.

Saints boss Tommy Wright has hit back in war of words with Caixinha

However, Wright reacted forcefully to those claims, accusing Caixinha of “not showing respect” after wholeheartedly denying he had an insider.

He said: “What he’s talking about in terms of us getting their team last season, is just someone that’s paranoid.

“I didn’t get his team last season, it surprises me that he says I did.

“We didn’t change our training regime, we didn’t wait for them to finish training to get the team. It just didn’t happen, so I now know what ‘fake news’ means, because it didn’t happen.

“He obviously has problems, he says there’s a spy in the camp, and it looks like he has a spy in our camp to be able to say we changed training, but that’s duff information because it never happened.

The Portuguese gaffer suspected his starting XI for the final match of last season was leaked to Saints

“We tried to second guess their team, which all managers do, but under no circumstances was I given the team or change training the day before the game because I do the same preparation, and it didn’t happen.

“The comments are wrong and untrue about another manager at another club, and maybe someone should look into that because he has no proof.”

The teams face each other on Friday night in what is quickly becoming a grudge match, while the two sides remain neck-and-neck in the Scottish Premiership table.

Just one win in their last five games has seen Saints’ promising start to the season falter, leaving them level on 14 points with Rangers who lie third in the table.

And in a thinly-veiled swipe, Wright suggested the Portuguese manager was wasting his time with his comments ahead of the game.

He said: “His mind games are working.

“He’s enrolled in some university course in Portugal so they must be telling him that’s how they deal with things.

“I think his focus should be chasing celtic and making sure they don’t get 10 in a row, rather than trying to play mind games and not showing respect to another manager.

“Because when you tell untruths about another manager, that’s not showing respect and really that should be his focus.”

He added: “My team don’t need silly comments to motivate them. Our motivation has always been to win the game.”