McCoist New Scotland Manager?

AM1872

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Doesn't strike me as your typical bitter Rangers hating taig tho,I might be wrong 

He didn’t play many games for the tims. He was a bit of a journeyman as a player, and is probably best remembered for his spells with Dunfermline and Preston NE.

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Moyes did a good job at Preston and Everton. He certainly did a lot better than his successors at Everton so far despite having less funds.

It's a myth that he was great at Everton. He was average.

His record in games against the top four, particularly the Merseyside derby is embarrassing.   

A talented manger would surely be able to get the best out of limited players and get the odd result against better teams. He never did that, ever. 

7 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Don't know Davie Moyes family history tbf but aye that'll be why then,so nowhere near taigy enough for the Scotland job then.

Yeah his Dad coached and ran Drumchapel Amateurs for years. I think Jock Wallace signed him as a scout for Rangers in the 80s. 

Moyes Jr is actually on record as saying he would like to manage Rangers or celtic.

11 minutes ago, gsa said:

It's a myth that he was great at Everton. He was average.

His record in games against the top four, particularly the Merseyside derby is embarrassing.   

A talented manger would surely be able to get the best out of limited players and get the odd result against better teams. He never did that, ever. 

I said he did a good job at Everton - not a great one.

Everton were shocking under Walter, they were on their way to relegation. Moyes kept them up and they finished 7th the next season. Then two seasons later they finished 4th, ahead of Liverpool. That was a good achievement.