Nemane

2 hours ago, billscott said:

dont understand why managers make a sub with a min left  unless to waste time  in our case  we were 3 up   windass should have been off with at least 30 mins left  if not at half time   tonight he did not disappear  in the 2nd half  he did not appear at all            j udapper

Sometimes it's to gain the player extra cash from an appearance fee.  I think Walter Smith did this for Ally while he was still a player.  He brought him on in the final seconds of a European tie and Ally pocketed a substantial appearance fee at one time.  

I'm certain that's not the case with Nemanche (or whatever the fuck his name is) but I'll never pass up a chance to have a dig at McCoist.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, plumbGER said:

Never rated Windass and don't see what attributes he has at all.

People say he has the physical attributes? He absolutely does not, brushed off the ball easily and runs out of steam if he makes a decent run or 2 early in a match.

Shooting is terrible and he has absolutely no match awareness at all.

Hate to be too critical on a night we recorded a good victory but Windass is fucking hopeless.

He's rank. Been given loads of game time by a manager who thinks he has something to offer but still plays like a wee lassie. Can't tackle and is hardly noticed in games. He's even stopped going forward which he used to try and do. Gets the ball, passes it then moves inside and stands around as if he doesn't want the ball back. He is honestly leaves us a man down every game he starts.

See if we're going to take youngsters from the EPL we should actually play them. 

What's point of giving a player from another club, who we're never going to buy, a place on the bench that one of our own players could get. This really frustrates me. We're holding back our own players, and for what? We've had this kid, Oduwa, Zelalem Dalcio. None of them are long term signings and have progressed our squad by zilch!

Last season, and the beginning of this season, I thought Windass would come good for us. He can be incredibly direct at times.

However I've kind of given up on him now as he seems to completely drift out of games. Maybe he should be playing in the Pena position (if Pena isn't in the side). 

I hope we still get Walker or someone else for the left side.

56 minutes ago, Blueshoff said:

Thought Windass had one of his better games.

Windass was involved loads and probably had more touches than any other Rangers player.

His contribution with that was absolutely awful, be it losing possession, poor passes, woeful shooting etc. Then there were powderpuff challenges or being skinned. 

All the possession arguably makes it worse as he wasnt stuck out on a wing with the game passing him by, he had chances to do something.

For a better game, what positive impacts and contributions that influenced our play or the game did he have that you recall?

4 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

He's the weak link, personally would give Nemane a start next week, especially since it's at Hampden with his pace and the extra space. 

Fully agree.

Felt sorry and a bit embarrassed For the boy last night. He knew he'd unlikely get a touch and didn't.  On the final whistle he couldn't walk off quick enough and rightly so.

We are getting nothing from Windass, so anyone who is ecperienced playing that position on the left is justified in expecting an opportunity.

From his previous glimpse appearance, the fact he's come through a cracking City set up, and as you say above the big Hampden pitch I'd definitely give him a chance.

I reckon Pedro can be slow to see and address the obvious (Miller). Can only hope he has Windass next in his sights and is ready to drop him too.

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Windass was involved loads and probably had more touches than any other Rangers player.

His contribution with that was absolutely awful, be it losing possession, poor passes, woeful shooting etc. Then there were powderpuff challenges or being skinned. 

All the possession arguably makes it worse as he wasnt stuck out on a wing with the game passing him by, he had chances to do something.

For a better game, what positive impacts and contributions that influenced our play or the game did he have that you recall?

I didnt say he played well, just better than usual.  Probably because as you say he had a lot of touches.

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Fully agree.

Felt sorry and a bit embarrassed For the boy last night. He knew he'd unlikely get a touch and didn't.  On the final whistle he couldn't walk off quick enough and rightly so.

We are getting nothing from Windass, so anyone who is ecperienced playing that position on the left is justified in expecting an opportunity.

From his previous glimpse appearance, the fact he's come through a cracking City set up, and as you say above the big Hampden pitch I'd definitely give him a chance.

I reckon Pedro can be slow to see and address the obvious (Miller). Can only hope he has Windass next in his sights and is ready to drop him too.

Spot on mate, couldn't have put it better myself

4 hours ago, LegendofCoop said:

See if we're going to take youngsters from the EPL we should actually play them. 

What's point of giving a player from another club, who we're never going to buy, a place on the bench that one of our own players could get. This really frustrates me. We're holding back our own players, and for what? We've had this kid, Oduwa, Zelalem Dalcio. None of them are long term signings and have progressed our squad by zilch!

Agree, unless its a two season loan like they have/had with Roberts its a total waste, you forgot Hyndman/Toral but yes very true.

4 hours ago, LegendofCoop said:

He’s got one year left on his contract so perhaps we are using this year to take a proper look at him before going in for him. Rather than Warburton’s punts on shitehawks like Dodoo and Crooks.

14 hours ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Especially with his size. He should be physically able but I think he doesn't have the mentality for the fight

I think windass has been given enough time with an extended run in starting eleven.

I think players deserve some time to come good. However it is now quite clear he has not shown sufficient improvement to retain his place.

Pena with 2 well taken goals. Still needs to improve but i think he will turn out a real player in the coming weeks.

Agree that Nemane deserves a chance to see if he can provide a better threat than windass.

Definitely the weakest link in the team time for someone else to get a shot out on the left. and I think he held young dj back last night as he wasn't willing to link up and go forward most of the game I was so frustrated with him last night most times he got the ball he passed it either back or sideways wouldn't give him a game for Cambuslang Rangers never mind the Rangers.