El Buffalo

KeyserSoze

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, psb07158 said:

Love his tenacity, love his attitude. Gone off the boil a bit in terms of scoring but he is developing into a player who isn’t just about goals. 

A 4-3-1-2 is a shout with Herrera playing up top with him and Pena in behind. 

When Pena gets close to Morelos he benefits from his runs and the space he creates.

Decent OP. When I heard the early interviews with him talking about his passion for an international call up, I was expecting a tunnel visioned striker through and through. Those qualities are there but there are certainly more dimensions to his game.

Just now, sandyinroyalblue said:

When Pena gets close to Morelos he benefits from his runs and the space he creates.

They’ve developed a good understanding - helps that they’re both South American and presumably speak Spanish to each other. Played a few 1-2s and first time passes to where they thought the other would be and it came off a lot. 

I like big Herrera too. The footballing experts on here have written him off but he’s a handy player and that trio could be successful IMO. Would also mean we could drop Windass and play a 3 in midfield of Jack/Holt/Dorrans. 

If he can continue to play defenders like a fiddle and understand his role is not just to score but create the space for others he’ll hopefully be a huge asset. 

Yes he should weigh in with 20+ but I won’t mind if we score plenty from midfield too though with his help. I watched him closely tonight he’s a pain in the arse and knows exactly how to rile folk up. 

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

They’ve developed a good understanding - helps that they’re both South American and presumably speak Spanish to each other. Played a few 1-2s and first time passes to where they thought the other would be and it came off a lot. 

I like big Herrera too. The footballing experts on here have written him off but he’s a handy player and that trio could be successful IMO. Would also mean we could drop Windass and play a 3 in midfield of Jack/Holt/Dorrans. 

Only one of them is South American :pipe: 

2 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Great player. The defenders were too busy with him that they allowed Pena the chances he tucked nicely away.

And last season how many times did we bemoan that lack of of runners getting into the box and getting on to the end of crosses?Encouraging how many bodies we're getting into the box.

18 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I fucking love him. A very very important player for us. Pulling defenders out of position creating space for others and generally being a pain in the arse all round  

it’s been a long time since we’ve had a striker that defenders can’t second guess  

ADB85D9E-932F-44D1-8CBF-30AA6DF4AA4F.thumb.jpeg.3096b854f843b135592794180eb5f175.jpeg

Did you tweet the James Richardson football podcast?

18 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I fucking love him. A very very important player for us. Pulling defenders out of position creating space for others and generally being a pain in the arse all round  

it’s been a long time since we’ve had a striker that defenders can’t second guess  

ADB85D9E-932F-44D1-8CBF-30AA6DF4AA4F.thumb.jpeg.3096b854f843b135592794180eb5f175.jpeg

Did you tweet the James Richardson football podcast?

4 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I like Herrera's composure in the final third and if teams are just going to sit in against us at home that three upfront could do the business.