When the January window opens...

graeme_4

10 hours ago, saltire266 said:

If we dont have 6 million we might aswell give up now.Its fuck all in football terms ! Better go watch Thomas so you do know about him.Plays for Ajax miles better than what we have

You better go watch him cause he doesnt exist ? if you ment Daley Sinkgraven who ive seen...quality player but no chance he would sign for us. 6 million is nothing in England but up here its been 15 years since we spent that in January 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if we are cruising in 2nd place and look like making Europe, then the board may free up some cash in January and take the gamble. The liklihood of that is slim though.

Failing that Pedro will have to chop out the dead wood before he makes any signings. So making the right choices are critical.

What's as crucial as new arrivals is our dealing with those whose contracts are coming to an end, or who are on our payroll but contribute zero to the first team play.

We wasted a salary by offering an extension to Miller. We can't afford to repeat that mistake, the salary budget we have has to work as hard as possible to get the best quality it can.

If someone isn't young with very decent potential (ie a Mccrorie) or isnt a first team regular then unless it's for a very low salary we shouldn't be retaining them if at all.

We also need to work to push on those who have contracts with us but no futures here.

This summer Miller and niko must go along with about a dozen more we need to move on like Forrester, MoH, Windass, Wilson, Hodson, Dodoo etc who we are paying in some way for but add nothing to our first team.

11 hours ago, saltire266 said:

If we dont have 6 million we might aswell give up now.Its fuck all in football terms ! Better go watch Thomas so you do know about him.Plays for Ajax miles better than what we have

Don't think any club in Scottish football right now could pay a £6m fee even that lot across the city with CL income have only ever done it twice before and that was way back in the early 2000s.

Only way we'll see that kind of money being spent by Rangers or anyone else is to move out of Scottish football.

2 hours ago, Alves70 said:

Don't think any club in Scottish football right now could pay a £6m fee even that lot across the city with CL income have only ever done it twice before and that was way back in the early 2000s.

Only way we'll see that kind of money being spent by Rangers or anyone else is to move out of Scottish football.

I didnt say 6 on 1 player I said 6 as a combined figure for all of them

Wouldn't mind seeing 3 at the back, john and tav as wing backs, mcrorie alves cardoso at centre half, jack sitting DM dorrans and pena Attacking midfield with Morelos and candeias up top. candeias for the pace, morelos for the rough stuff. 

Bring in Moult, Walker, Mclean, John (permanent), Morgan as priorities as theyd be bosmans, then look to make more substantial changes in the summer, when niko, miller, forrester, MOH, halliday and hodson are all offloaded. wages freed up.

12 hours ago, saltire266 said:

One of the worst posts I've ever seen.

Far too many names from the spfl being flung around on here,  for me we now need to step up the quality we sign. We have a decent squad and it's now time to add quality. If we sign 1 marquee player in January I would be happy then another 2 next summer. We don't need numbers we need quality to take us up,a level. Signing medicore shite fae motherwell etc is not what we need. 

23 minutes ago, kenny6131 said:

Far too many names from the spfl being flung around on here,  for me we now need to step up the quality we sign. We have a decent squad and it's now time to add quality. If we sign 1 marquee player in January I would be happy then another 2 next summer. We don't need numbers we need quality to take us up,a level. Signing medicore shite fae motherwell etc is not what we need. 

Agree 100% we have enough squad fillers time to add that extra bit of quality,on the whole the taigs squad is pretty mediocre but they have 3 or 4 match winners which make the difference for them in tight games,something we lack.