How many goals did John Greig score for us?

pcbear

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, pcbear said:

The one where he tapped it in at the Broomloan end and they were all arguing with the ref?

That was funny as fuck.

How many did Sandy score? I know he played different positions at times but even at full back he scored quite a few. McGrain was regarded as a world class back yet I’m pretty sure he never scored for them ever and he became a hacking bastard in his latter years.

As a child in the late 60s used to go the every game home and away and me and my mates thought it was really cool to sing to the tune of you'll never walk alone the words

With John Greig at your heels

and you'll never walk again

Funnily enough it never caught on, of course we were only about 10.

2 minutes ago, pcbear said:

I remember reading about an interview by Bobby Lennox the celtic winger,

interviewer to BL "When did you know your leg was broken Bobby?"

BL to interviewer "As soon as I seen John Greig coming towards me"

There's a great quote from the Cup Winners Cup campaign. I think it was against Rennes.

Willie Waddell asked John Greig to take one of their guys out and Greig replied 'for just this game boss or for good?' :lol:

The tackle he does in the first 10 seconds of the Cup Winners Cup final is brutal too. Would be a borderline red card these days :lol:

52 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

There's a great quote from the Cup Winners Cup campaign. I think it was against Rennes.

Willie Waddell asked John Greig to take one of their guys out and Greig replied 'for just this game boss or for good?' :lol:

The tackle he does in the first 10 seconds of the Cup Winners Cup final is brutal too. Would be a borderline red card these days :lol:

Against Torino in that campaign he told Doddy to play the ball short to him from the kick off to that their CF would attempt to get the ball and Greig went right through him, the guy wasn't much of a threat after that LOL.

4 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I've watched nearly all the video uploads on those Rangers youtube channels - I think it's S Millar, Mr Struth and therangers1872 - and there are some absolute crackers from him. 30 - 25 yarders.

His facebook group is brilliant as well.

2 hours ago, tannerall said:

Probably my favourite Greig goal, even better as the tims were still disputing what they thought was a penalty for handball.

My first OF game and still one of my favourites . Still think that Bobby Russell should've scored here , but probably more fitting that it was John Greig .  Always remember the big gap appearing in the tarrier end after this goal as the bottles rained down while their players were chasing the ref .

4 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Thanks for posting that. I had never seen that before. If anyone else watches it, stick it on on the YouTube app and put autoplay on, there is some amazing videos to watch. All our players should be made to watch these videos so that they know what is expected of being a Rangers player.