Ally Scott

Don81

3 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

I'm relying on Google there to be fair, that could be anyone :lol:

I'm far too young to have seen him play, not an auld yin :pipe: 

Was it not him who was about to come on as a sub against them and he started warming up in front of THEIR fans because he reckoned he'd get less abuse from them?

Wisnae the best, think we signed him because he went to Hutchie Grammer, ? He was a first class honours graduate in physics, his brains were all in his head not his feet. Didn't play many games in the time he was there, him and Graham Fyfe were eventually swapped for lain Munro from hivees!

image.jpeg.91eb93636bca2793b583da3f39afdce8.jpeg

With Colin Stein, Derek Parlane, and at that time Derek Johnstone in the forward positions struggled to get games. When he did he ran around the central positions and drifted to the wings,but was pretty average. All intent and no purpose. Ally Scott adn Graham Fyfe took a lot of stick in those days.Remember him scoring  in an 8-0 win against a very poor Queens Park game, but was pretty average with no stand out quality. Went to Hibs then lower division teams.

i remember him coming on in an old firm game with about 15 mins to go we were ahead by 1 goal and the moaning started i clapped ande a guy next to me started  moans at me ,i told him just watch he will go out on the wing amd just run at a very tired defence,which he did and the guy said ok you win . i was smug as fk.

1 hour ago, tannerall said:

With Colin Stein, Derek Parlane, and at that time Derek Johnstone in the forward positions struggled to get games. When he did he ran around the central positions and drifted to the wings,but was pretty average. All intent and no purpose. Ally Scott adn Graham Fyfe took a lot of stick in those days.Remember him scoring  in an 8-0 win against a very poor Queens Park game, but was pretty average with no stand out quality. Went to Hibs then lower division teams.

If DJ hadn't played half his career at the back and also in midfield some games do you think he would have perhaps been Rangers all time top scorer instead of McCoist?

13 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

If DJ hadn't played half his career at the back and also in midfield some games do you think he would have perhaps been Rangers all time top scorer instead of McCoist?

He wanted to play in defence. That would say to me he didn't have the right attitude to continue at the same level up front.

49 minutes ago, blueretro said:

He wanted to play in defence. That would say to me he didn't have the right attitude to continue at the same level up front.

I'm sure that's what happened when Jock Wallace left . DJ had just had his best season for goals in a treble winning side , the Big Jock left , Greig took over and DJ told him he wanted to play Centre half when he was offered the captaincy ! I still think that Greig would rather have had Sandy Jardine as captain but offered it to DJ as a sweetener to keep him at the club . TBF to Johnstone , he was probably our best in either position at that time and I say that as someone who loved Tam Forsyth .