Youth Round Up

Elfideldo

I did go to the Oriam today to watch the U15's and U17's.  I watched the first half of the U17s (ht. 1-1) and the second half of U15s (ht 0-0).  It looks like I should have watched the games the other way round.

Rangers were the better team during the first half of the U17s in terms of possession and territory, but Hearts had the better chances with Nicky Hogarth making a couple of sharp saves.  Hearts went ahead in the last minute of the half when the Rangers defence misjudged a long ball leaving the Hearts striker with a clear run in on goal.  However Rangers hit back immediately when Zack Butterworth cut in from the right wing and scored from a tight angle.

I was told that the first half of the U15s game had been pretty dire, spoiled by a strong cross wind.  Hearts were the better side for the first half hour of the second half, with better movement and pace,  and scored their three goals in quick succession. The third was a screamer from 25 yards into the top corner.  Rangers finally got their act together in the last 10 minutes, earning a penalty which was well saved by the Hearts keeper, then scoring a consolation goal in the final seconds of the game.