*** The Official Rangers vs Motherwell Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

2 minutes ago, bluchoo said:

Hes no pish, be a good squad player,  but if he was as good as your making out then he wouldnt be coming to us. 

I'm not sure how good you think I'm making him out to be? Should we not be going for players who could score a lot of goals for us in this league?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, bluchoo said:

Like Michael O'Halloran?

No like an actual good goalscorer who could do well for us not some bitter taig who relies only on his pace on the counter to get him chances, most of which he squanders.

1 minute ago, bluchoo said:

Like Michael O'Halloran?

We signed the captain of a team who finished above us last season. There are more players in Scotland who will improve our team.

If you're still on about moult then we're discussing a player with a credible record of scoring goals in this league, and for a provincial club at that.

Wtf has MOH got to do with this?

3 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

We signed the captain of a team who finished above us last season. There are more players in Scotland who will improve our team.

If you're still on about moult then we're discussing a player with a credible record of scoring goals in this league, and for a provincial club at that.

Wtf has MOH got to do with this?

I agree there are players in Scotland who could add to the squad, i never said there werent. I just think people are over rating Moult and i dont think he is better than a mexican internationalist in Herrera and he would be  a squad player for us at best.

The argument was Moult was quality and should be signed on the strength of his goals...MOH has scored more goals from open play than Moult this year in fewer appearances...Boyce scored alot more than Moult last year for Ross County if the argument is goalscoring why is that not relevent?

12 minutes ago, bluchoo said:

I agree there are players in Scotland who could add to the squad, i never said there werent. I just think people are over rating Moult and i dont think he is better than a mexican internationalist in Herrera and he would be  a squad player for us at best.

The argument was Moult was quality and should be signed on the strength of his goals...MOH has scored more goals from open play than Moult this year in fewer appearances...Boyce scored alot more than Moult last year for Ross County if the argument is goalscoring why is that not relevent?

Moult has given us and other teams a problem most times I've seen him play. His goals are quite varied, but his general play actually impresses me more.

He looks assured and the sort of player who will do better in a stronger team rather than being at his highest possible level being the top guy in a wee club.

3 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Moult has given us and other teams a problem most times I've seen him play. His goals are quite varied, but his general play actually impresses me more.

He looks assured and the sort of player who will do better in a stronger team rather than being at his highest possible level being the top guy in a wee club.

Still can't believe we didn't sign him. 

9 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

My argument is if he was that good why did no one sign him when he was made available for transfer? When hes out of contract next year and going by all reports would have went for 500k

Id take him as a Miller replacement but squad player at best...would rather Herrera a d Hardie got their chance first

31 minutes ago, bluchoo said:

You seem to have a right downer on Moult and reckon Herrera is a better player, my eyes tell me different.

My argument is if he was that good why did no one sign him when he was made available for transfer? When hes out of contract next year and going by all reports would have went for 500k

Id take him as a Miller replacement but squad player at best...would rather Herrera a d Hardie got their chance first

He'd be better than Herrera imo. I thought that Aberdeens bid of 500k got knocked back

Your first para you've pretty much answered itself. Why pay relatively high in summer if you can try to get him precontract in winter for far less or the next summer for zero? I actually wouldn't be surprised if it's decided already where he's going, be it Ibrox or otherwise.

I know what and why you're saying what you are re Herrera.

But moult clearly offers something different. The chances we are creating from out wide would suit him perfectly. More so than Herrera imo.

Imagine him winning battles in the air from Candeais or Tav crosses. And Morelos smashing in the chances moult hasn't managed to take himself.

Would be the dogs bollox.

11 minutes ago, pcbear said:

You seem to have a right downer on Moult and reckon Herrera is a better player, my eyes tell me different.

Time will tell be one is an international footballer signed for over £1million and 1 couldnt make it at Nuneaton.   Id take him for the squad but id try the players we have 1st

6 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Your first para you've pretty much answered itself. Why pay relatively high in summer if you can try to get him precontract in winter for far less or the next summer for zero? I actually wouldn't be surprised if it's decided already where he's going, be it Ibrox or otherwise.

My argument would be if a league 1 or championship side wanted him if he was that good then £500k is nothing.

14 minutes ago, Siwel said:

He'd be better than Herrera imo. I thought that Aberdeens bid of 500k got knocked back

Think it was reported at 350k there last bid

Time will tell be one is an international footballer signed for over £1million and 1 couldnt make it at Nuneaton.   Id take him for the squad but id try the players we have 1st

Think it was reported at 350k there last bid

I like Herrera and think he's okay as a back up plan if we need someone to stick upfront and chuck balls into the box at but Moult has far more to his game than Herrera

11 minutes ago, bluchoo said:

1...Time will tell be one is an international footballer signed for over £1million and 1 couldnt make it at Nuneaton.   Id take him for the squad but id try the players we have 1st

2....My argument would be if a league 1 or championship side wanted him if he was that good then £500k is nothing.

3...Think it was reported at 350k there last bid

1.. would love to see 4 forwards in Morelos, Herrera Moult and Hardie fighting for 2 places up front. Good options there.

2.. Maybe he already knows where he's going......

3.. So he was clearly valued higher than that. 5(?) goals in 9 games equates to 20ish goals a season. Probably worth more keep him to try for a top 6 finish than sell him for that sort of money.

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

So he was clearly valued higher than that. 5(?) goals in 9 games equates to 20ish goals a season. Probably worth more keep him to try for a top 6 finish than sell him for that sort of money.

So 2 goals in 2 games equates to 36 goals a season? ?

Dont think Motherwell can affors to turn down 500k and if he was that good someone would have bid it.

Time will tell

4-1 to us tomorrow 

So 2 goals in 2 games equates to 36 goals a season? ?

Dont think Motherwell can affors to turn down 500k and if he was that good someone would have bid it.

Time will tell

4-1 to us tomorrow 

5 goals in around 9 games equates to about 20 goals over a league campaign of 38 games. 

Think he scored 15 goals or so in 2 previous seasons and is ahead of that rate.

Did you go to a kafflic school or something, it's not difficult?

Players have a wee say too, it's not solely a club decision. 

Time will tell.

Hopefully your scoreline. ?

27 minutes ago, bluchoo said:

You've picked two statistics there that don't really paint a true picture! 

Moults in the form of his life and has near enough a goal every 2 games for Motherwell at this level! 

Last year Herrera scored 7 goals in 30 something games & has looked bang average in his time with us! 

For me Moult would be a far better option for us if it's a choice between the two! 

Archived