*** The Official Rangers vs Motherwell Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

Just now, Bronzy said:

He's shite as a LB but I'd imagine he's not that bad as a winger. He's also our only left-footed option for that position so I can see why Pedro might want to use him.

I’d rather have John or Windass on left flank or see what Nemene can do

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

I’d rather have John or Windass on left flank or see what Nemene can do

I'd play Nemane, thought he looked decent in the couple times he had the ball against the tarriers.

Fod 

Tav.         Cardoso    Bruno.      Jon

Candeias. Dorrans. Jack.  Windass

Pena

Morelos 

Holt was good against St Johnstone but jack deserves his place back controls the game very well  

3-0 to the mighty.  

Missing this game because I'm offshore, had to sell my ticket but I'm back for the date of the final so we better make it. 

Looking forward to seeing what Dorrans will do in this match. Is there a better midfielder in this league right now? He was brilliant in the match against St Johnstone, and not too bad in the match before that either. Can't remember when we last had a player capable of scoring goals outside the box, certainly he is a threat outside the penalty box; if he plays like he did last week we will win this convincingly.

9 minutes ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

the problem with windass is you don't know what one will play. the one that bursts past 2 defenders to make an assist or the one that has a touch like a kerb and can't beat a man 

We've seen one of those far more than the other and that says everything for me.

8 hours ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

the problem with windass is you don't know what one will play. the one that bursts past 2 defenders to make an assist or the one that has a touch like a kerb and can't beat a man 

When has he ever burst past 2 defenders and given an assist. My guess would be never. His quality in the final 3rd is his biggest weakness whether it be his embarrassing attempts at shooting from distance or his inability to pick out a man when delivering from the wide area. He needs dropped, in fact he should have been dropped weeks ago and tbh I don't even particularly mind who plays in his position because I'd be very surprised if they are capable of offering any less than Josh. 

9 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

When has he ever burst past 2 defenders and given an assist. My guess would be never. His quality in the final 3rd is his biggest weakness whether it be his embarrassing attempts at shooting from distance or his inability to pick out a man when delivering from the wide area. He needs dropped, in fact he should have been dropped weeks ago and tbh I don't even particularly mind who plays in his position because I'd be very surprised if they are capable of offering any less than Josh. 

He doesn't have to work on his attacking play though.... ?

16 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Bursts past defenders to make an assist :lol:

Can we show the stats for his assist total? I've never seen it but I feel it would be on par with Wes'

Goal's Tally 17-18!

Graham Dorrans - 5

Alfredo Morelos (buffalo) - 8

Daniel Candieas- 3 

Kenny Miller - 2

Big Bruno - 1 

James Tavernier - 2

Herrera - 2

Josh Windass - 1 

Carlos Pena - 4

Declan John - 2 

Assists Tally 17-18! 

Kenny Miller - 2

Graham Dorrans - 2 

James Tavernier - 4

Lee Wallace - 2 

Daniel Candieas- 5

Josh Windass - 2 

Ryan Jack - 1 

Jason Holt - 3 

Not sure what goals the assists were for but that's an up to date record for the season.

Edit: compare with candeais who is doing the same job on the right, or even Tav and John at full backs. Shows just how little a return we're getting from a permanent starter.

3 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Goal's Tally 17-18!

Graham Dorrans - 5

Daniel Candieas- 3 

Kenny Miller - 2

Big Bruno - 1 

James Tavernier - 2

Herrera - 2

Josh Windass - 1 

Carlos Pena - 4

Declan John - 2 

Assists Tally 17-18! 

Kenny Miller - 2

Graham Dorrans - 2 

James Tavernier - 4

Lee Wallace - 2 

Daniel Candieas- 5

Josh Windass - 2 

Ryan Jack - 1 

Jason Holt - 3 

Not sure what goals the assists were for but that's an up to date record for the season.

Our left side is diabolical and teams will begin to neutralise us entirely down the right when they cop on to the fact it's the only side we really threaten from

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Goal's Tally 17-18!

Graham Dorrans - 5

Daniel Candieas- 3 

Kenny Miller - 2

Big Bruno - 1 

James Tavernier - 2

Herrera - 2

Josh Windass - 1 

Carlos Pena - 4

Declan John - 2 

Assists Tally 17-18! 

Kenny Miller - 2

Graham Dorrans - 2 

James Tavernier - 4

Lee Wallace - 2 

Daniel Candieas- 5

Josh Windass - 2 

Ryan Jack - 1 

Jason Holt - 3 

That assist tally is mad, Holt has 3x the output he did last season while playing in a deeper role and 9 of our goals have been assisted from the right flank, more than double the amount from the Left flank. Fair play Pedro.

Just now, .Williamson. said:

Our left side is diabolical and teams will begin to neutralise is entirely down the right when they cop on to the fact it's the only side we really threaten from

Agreed.

Edited my previous post too re what Candeais has contributed compared to windass.

1 minute ago, Siwel said:

That assist tally is mad, Holt has 3x the output he did last season while playing in a deeper role and 9 of our goals have been assisted from the right flank, more than double the amount from the Left flank. Fair play Pedro.

Fair play as in the right was an issue last year, but he sold our attacking threat on the left and literally didn't address it at all

Archived