*** The Official Rangers vs Motherwell Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I’m no fan of Windass but realistically for now he’s the only option for left midfield.

Pedro’s hardly going to throw the young lad from City into a semi final, especially one that he really needs to win.

I think this must be the last chance for Windass.

I think he will start but certainly not on form.

While i would play Nemane instead i accept that as its a cup semi and perhaps asking too much of the boy to step in for his first start.

Windass could surprise us all and play a blinder. I really hope he does.

But if he does not raise his game then i think his time should well and truly be up.

52 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I’m no fan of Windass but realistically for now he’s the only option for left midfield.

Pedro’s hardly going to throw the young lad from City into a semi final, especially one that he really needs to win.

Plus, he has always been brought on to play on the right.

14 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Plus, he has always been brought on to play on the right.

Versus St J he replaced Windass for 0.3 of a second and stayed on the left.

Maybe he was going to the right but the ref blew for time first ?.

He himself says he's comfortable on either wing.

55 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

Not a Windass fan by any stretch but perhaps Hampden might suit him when game is stretched.  Here's hoping and no I'm not on the laughing ginger.

Push comes to shove, the boy knows how to draw a foul. Also his tracking back is pretty decent. Likewise with Candeias. 

Just now, City_of_Blue said:

The big pitch suits us way more than it does Motherwell. 

Don't think it does mate, I think it suits both of us because We rely on crossing just as much as they do. Will be a good match.

3 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Don't think it does mate, I think it suits both of us because We rely on crossing just as much as they do. Will be a good match.

Agreed but I was thinking we should have superior fitness to them and we are used to the big Ibrox pitch every other week so it might help over 90 mins + any extra time. 

All it takes is them to tire at some point and hopefully we capitalize.

Hedging my bets on us not tiring much though!

5 hours ago, glasgow argyle said:

I think this must be the last chance for Windass.

I think he will start but certainly not on form.

While i would play Nemane instead i accept that as its a cup semi and perhaps asking too much of the boy to step in for his first start.

Windass could surprise us all and play a blinder. I really hope he does.

But if he does not raise his game then i think his time should well and truly be up.

Agree - reading between the lines of the presser though I suspect he will start Windass and if he is pish Nemane will come on around 55-60 min mark. Likewise I see Miller coming on for Pena at 70 mins or so. We shall see. Point is presser was definitely not a ringing endorsement of Windass in the way he talks about Dorrans and Alves.

Think it will be tough but defence seems to be holding up and we are getting the goals again. Pretty confident of a win, what the score will be in not sure. Maybe two or three one. There's still uncertainty in my mind at times because of the constant start stop winning with Rangers the now. But yeah we will win Sunday and just need to keep the wins coming after that and get on a run.

As for Windass, he frustrates me. If he isn't producing it then yes I would bring the young city lad on. I don't know a lot about him but then neither will motherwell. Maybe young and fearless and give us a different option. The game last Friday bringing him on for thirty seconds or so doesn't help him if we are going to use him. Big game or not, if Windass isn't producing it then give the boy a chance.

I don't care if it's a good game or not, all I want is a Rangers win.

The other semi is a hard one to pick the winner from. I NEVER want the taigs to win, but their Edinburgh cousins are fast becoming our bogey team. I'd rather play the taigs in the final, as long as we won. We're due the Edinburgh taigs a going over, so if they beat the taigs,we better beat them in the final. Couldn't stand another final defeat from the Edinburgh taigs, we shouldn't have any fear of playing them, but I can't remember the last time we beat them. How many games since we last beat them?

??

Archived