Ashley

bluenose48

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, bluenose48 said:

Just saw on BBC news this morning in Australia. Newcastle United board have announced owner Mike Ashley has put them up for sale.

Could this have any ramifications for us?

Are you not aware MA sold his Rangers shares or am i missing something..?

1 hour ago, bluenose48 said:

Just saw on BBC news this morning in Australia. Newcastle United board have announced owner Mike Ashley has put them up for sale.

lets organise the kidnap of torbett cairney and ashley

and then get torbett and cairney to do what comes naturally

take turns in ramming  it up mikes bum :britney:

My concern was that his ownership of Newcastle stopped him buying more of our shares at the time. Yes I know he has sold the shares he had. But there is nothing to stop him buying a controlling stake in Rangers once he has sold Newcastle.

I read yesterday that he had been trying to sell for 350-400m for the past few months with no takers, and 200m might be a more realistic price, I think he paid 150m in total then 100m to clear the debts to purchase Newcastle  plus whatever an EPL club gobbles up over 10 years, I don't think you will see him back in football.

7 hours ago, bluenose48 said:

Why would it, he's already sold his shares to Club1872 I think. Unless he buys a controlling stake then won't affect us at all

If he sells Newcastle there us nothing stopping him from snapping up shares and taking control of the club.  Anyone with Ashley's money could snap us up and if he started spending the cash and we could compete with the tarriers then I don't think many bears would argue with that. 

But he did sell his shares and that makes you think he is not interested anymore, but if he sells Newcastle then who knows as Mr King might want a way out rather than spend £11millions having to buy shares for breaking the takeover rules which he clearly new and broke.

I expect the unexpected now where Rangers are concerned now but who knows, If he wants a champions league team in 3 or 4 season then we would be a very good purchase for any billionaire wanting to buy a toy.