Ashley

bluenose48

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, bluenose48 said:

My concern was that his ownership of Newcastle stopped him buying more of our shares at the time. Yes I know he has sold the shares he had. But there is nothing to stop him buying a controlling stake in Rangers once he has sold Newcastle.

Same as any business, willing buyer, willing seller - can't stop that. But I think ma is a fat cunt that has had his fill of owning football club/s.

48 minutes ago, geronimoo said:

Newcastle is a club with so much potential but just seem to keep failing, I'm sure they will find a buyer to keep up the tradition of fucking it all up.

I don't agree. Where they are is now is as far as they will get, in my opinion. The club with a far higher potential is Leeds Utd; which again,  is only my opinion.

1 minute ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Same as any business, willing buyer, willing seller - can't stop that. But I think ma is a fat cunt that has had his fill of owning football club/s.

And if he took over and we stopped them doing 9 and got in the champions league?  Would he still be a fat cunt?   To get Newcastle to be a top 6 club you would have to pay £500m at least , £50million and we could be in the champions league. 

But he sold his shares on us around 10% if I remember, so you are probably right that he has had enough of football clubs.  

But we could not knock him back if he went for a takeover as we need investment badly as the current board have steadied the ship but that's it, every penny spent is our money the fans. He could basically invest the strips we buy along with season tickets sales season in season out, and that would be far better a deal than they would ever get across the city. 

8 hours ago, sasap said:

Are you not aware MA sold his Rangers shares or am i missing something..?

Very good point unfortunately!  I was guilty of wishful thinking about Ashley being interested in turning us around - completely ignored this important fact :-(

6 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I don't agree. Where they are is now is as far as they will get, in my opinion. The club with a far higher potential is Leeds Utd; which again,  is only my opinion.

What does Elland rd hold compared to Newcastle? Newcastle have a.ways like Sunderland always under achieved.  They are a bigger club than the likes of Chelsea but because of foreign owners it does not matter a bit about the club.  Chelsea were always a mid table club at best and look at them now.

The right investor like a Man City, Chelsea scenario then Newcastle would be a force to be reckoned with as it's never an easy place to go and win 

6 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

What does Elland rd hold compared to Newcastle? Newcastle have a.ways like Sunderland always under achieved.  They are a bigger club than the likes of Chelsea but because of foreign owners it does not matter a bit about the club.  Chelsea were always a mid table club at best and look at them now.

The right investor like a Man City, Chelsea scenario then Newcastle would be a force to be reckoned with as it's never an easy place to go and win 

Elland Road? There is potential right there. I'm not going to debate with you too much on this, but Elland Road as it stands has space behind two of the sides that could be developed. The city of Leeds is more populated even than Manchester and far more than Newcastle; like Newcastle the city of Leeds only has one club but a is a far bigger city with a bigger surrounding area. You say Newcastle is bigger than Leeds? I disagree. 

1 minute ago, Copland bear said:

And if he took over and we stopped them doing 9 and got in the champions league?  Would he still be a fat cunt?   To get Newcastle to be a top 6 club you would have to pay £500m at least , £50million and we could be in the champions league. 

But he sold his shares on us around 10% if I remember, so you are probably right that he has had enough of football clubs.  

But we could not knock him back if he went for a takeover as we need investment badly as the current board have steadied the ship but that's it, every penny spent is our money the fans. He could basically invest the strips we buy along with season tickets sales season in season out, and that would be far better a deal than they would ever get across the city. 

He's got money - not sure if he's the right guy though - more questions than answers for me.

10 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Elland Road? There is potential right there. I'm not going to debate with you too much on this, but Elland Road as it stands has space behind two of the sides that could be developed. The city of Leeds is more populated even than Manchester and far more than Newcastle; like Newcastle the city of Leeds only has one club but a is a far bigger city with a bigger surrounding area. You say Newcastle is bigger than Leeds? I disagree. 

Let's just say they should both be top 10 every season in England as they are both big clubs who's fans have suffered enough over the years 

13 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

He's got money - not sure if he's the right guy though - more questions than answers for me.

Not saying he is who I would want either , but after Murray then Whyte and now dodgy Dave maybe having to spend up to £11million on shares , he is never gonna do that and this could force his hand as we can't limp along like a wounded animal handing them the titles on a plate before even a balls kicked. 

He certainly has the money and who knows with these rich cunts as they don't live in the real world 

The people that found owners for Chelsea & Man City have tried previously to sell Newcastle but struggled to get any interest.

Given how much money it takes down there to get anywhere in the league I'd be surprised if they were sold anytime soon.

37 minutes ago, linfield1690 said:

Newcastle is a yoyo club they make money by getting rellegated and promoted it's where it's owners want them

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41564471

Interesting article about the fact championship clubs are losing huge sums of chasing promotion. Newcastle are a rare exception to that 

"Owners who accept the risk of relegation but also preserve the balance sheet face much better prospects if the club is indeed relegated, with Burnley, Norwich and Newcastle proving to be excellent examples," 

I'm not saying that I want cashley involved in us, and this a debate that's been had many times. But he's the only person that's been in and around our  top table who knows how to manage companies sustainably and has demonstrated he knows how to run a football club relatively successfully. 

Just now, linfield1690 said:

Newcastle is a yoyo club they make money by getting rellegated and promoted it's where it's owners want them

You're saying they make more by going down then back up than they would if they just stayed up?

5 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41564471

Interesting article about the fact championship clubs are losing huge sums of chasing promotion. Newcastle are a rare exception to that 

"Owners who accept the risk of relegation but also preserve the balance sheet face much better prospects if the club is indeed relegated, with Burnley, Norwich and Newcastle proving to be excellent examples," 

I'm not saying that I want cashley involved in us, and this a debate that's been had many times. But he's the only person that's been in and around our  top table who knows how to manage companies sustainably and has demonstrated he knows how to run a football club relatively successfully. 

Belive it or not there's money to be made by getting rellegated in the epl