Ashley

bluenose48

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, linfield1690 said:

Fat mike likes this

Do you fuck make more money by coming 18th/19th/20th in the Premier League and getting promoted out the Championship than you would by coming 17th+ in the Premier League 2 years in a row. :lol: 

48 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

What does Elland rd hold compared to Newcastle? Newcastle have a.ways like Sunderland always under achieved.  They are a bigger club than the likes of Chelsea but because of foreign owners it does not matter a bit about the club.  Chelsea were always a mid table club at best and look at them now.

The right investor like a Man City, Chelsea scenario then Newcastle would be a force to be reckoned with as it's never an easy place to go and win 

Leeds are bigger than Newcastle

2 minutes ago, Gustav said:

Newcastle have won like 1 intertoto cup in their entire history

Diddy club

You seem to be forgetting the dizzy heights they hit in the 90's mate. Finishing runners up in the league a couple of times and 3rd aswell. 

Their fans have never forgotten the glory days.

They have a massive support but have achieved nothing .

Leeds dominated in the 70s for a bit under Revie.  Newcastle have never done that .

Ashley is a billionaire and could have put them.on the map had he wanted to but cheap managers who've bought expensive bog average foreigners has been why they've been shite for years .

20 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

The bulk of Ashley’s money is tied up in assets. Absolutely no chance he will be involved in football again..  what’s the point?  He’ll never make a profit at a Scottish club and when it inevitably goes wrong the fans would turn worse than the geordies did.  

Ashley is a billionaire outwith his business interests.

As for what's the point? It is because he can. Maybe he likes playing football Chairman. As for us, we only need to knock the scum of their perch and we have access to funds that would turn us a profit. How much would it take to do it, 30 mil?

However, I doubt he would be anywhere near us, so we can look forward to being stuck with Sir Minty.

:mutley:

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

As for what's the point? It is because he can. Maybe he likes playing football Chairman. As for us, we only need to knock the scum of their perch and we have access to funds that would turn us a profit. How much would it take to do it, 30 mil?

However, I doubt he would be anywhere near us, so we can look forward to being stuck with Sir Minty.

yip, £30 million would do it IMHO. We need a billionaire to stop 10AIR 

can you imagine the uproar if he sold NU and bought up a majority shareholding with us? I doubt it will happen though, he sold his shares, SD are taking a huge amount of flak and I get the impression he is sick of being hated by football supporters. Why buy us to continue being a hate figure?

2 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Ashley is on record a few weeks ago stating that he may we’ll be worth a few billion but doesn’t have it in cash. He would by his own admission need to sell his stake in sports direct.  

I’d be really surprised if he got involved with any other clubs outwith shirt sale agreements.   Where’s the minty rumour from? I saw it on Twitter a week or so ago but no real substance to it

Looks like Staveley has made her move.

You wonder what’s going on with MA especially selling his shares in us, ripping up the RR deal and now this.

I wouldn’t put it past him moving back but think he’s more likely to destroy us rather than pumping enough cash in to make us a success.

1 minute ago, Bad Robot said:

You wonder what’s going on with MA especially selling his shares in us, ripping up the RR deal and now this.

I wouldn’t put it past him moving back but think he’s more likely to destroy us rather than pumping enough cash in to make us a success.

He's probably just had enough of the stress than owning a football club brings.

34 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

You might just be on to something there.

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

??

No, just an observation and they do so, just because they can. Not that he would, because there is a business case to make money from us and it equals knocking the scum of their perch. Wouldn't take too much for a billionaire.

tumblr_nku53ix4iZ1u2ug97o1_500.gif