Guardiola

JamieD

Rightfully got a fair bit of stick on here and elsewhere over the last couple of seasons, as he looked like his methods and ethos were yesterday's news. Looks like things are starting to click at City though and they are playing some fearsome football. 2-0 up against Serie A leaders Napoli after 13 mins tonight. How do we all reckon he'll do this season?

That pissing about at the back is the only problem I see with them.

They do it once, get nearly caught out, then two minutes later do the same thing.

It's all well and good playing out from the back when you have the space and time to do it, but at times they make poor decisions. 

He's a great coach. If anybody thinks any different they are mental. The wheels at Barcelona had fallen off under Rijkaard and he came in and sorted it and had them playing the best football in Europe as well as winning everything over 4 years. He then had to follow a treble winning Heynckes team at Bayern who despite not winning the CL under Guardiola have lost their way in the last 18 months since he left.

Last year at City he didn't have a ready made squad and suffered because of it. Now he has the squad to win domestically, I think in Europe this will not be their year but maybe next year I can see them being a real threat.

I don't really buy into the whole "oh if he was that good he'd do it at smaller team". That argument doesn't stack up with every other top coach/manager out there. If Mourinho went back to Porto there is no way he would replicate the same success because football is different from 15 years ago and that's why since he's left Porto he's only managed teams who have the 1st or 2nd biggest budget in that country.

Fell flat on his arse last season so won't be too surprised if it happens again this season. 

Never been too impressed with him if I'm honest, even his triumphant Barca days *awaits the Barca fan boys replying furiously about how he reinvented football*. 

Done very well this season so far, although they were a penalty miss away from a draw tonight. 

5 hours ago, King Jela said:

Fell flat on his arse last season so won't be too surprised if it happens again this season. 

Never been too impressed with him if I'm honest, even his triumphant Barca days *awaits the Barca fan boys replying furiously about how he reinvented football*. 

Done very well this season so far, although they were a penalty miss away from a draw tonight. 

And a clearance off the line and the bar getting skelpt away from going 4 nil up..

I am delighted with the team spirit and work ethic that might have happened without Peps words of wisdom..

I really fancy that this could be a season of tremendous things..but football has a way of kicking you in the nuts..