Worrying Stat for Brenda from today

- Hibs got three shots on target and scored from two of them. I think many of us feel frustrated (but I've not seen it elsewhere yet) that defensively they are GASH and Gordon is error-prone; yet somehow no-one has managed to beat them in the last 60 games - last bit of that is the frustrating bit. Yes they are strong middle to front but TBH it was hard to tell them and hibs apart for crap defending today, though Hibs were particularly bad in places. Not sure what the answer is tactically but maybe to get players with total pace to have a right go at them (Candeias, Nemane) then make sure the back four stays back, e.g. Tav and Wallace not wandering forward as they tend to do?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd sacrifice a player to man mark Brown. I don't think he's great, but his passing stats etc and his style show that he dictates their pace, aggression, directness etc. He is their vital cog, its not coincidence they struggle anytime he's out. I'd honestly say to Holt or Barjonas to ignore the game other than to be a max of 1 yard from his side.

Do this and I'm pretty certain it's a level playing field.

13 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I'd sacrifice a player to man mark Brown. I don't think he's great, but his passing stats etc and his style show that he dictates their pace, aggression, directness etc. He is their vital cog, its not coincidence they struggle anytime he's out. I'd honestly say to Holt or Barjonas to ignore the game other than to be a max of 1 yard from his side.

I thought about something similar. Although wasnt going to post about them until the Final was guaranteed (based on tomorrow)...

I thought about Pedro telling Pena to constantly mark and chase Brown down - he is stockier for a start. Brown shits it and passes the ball away so quickly when under pressure... that his defenders are put under pressure if they aren't ready for it.

Pena pressurises... Morelos, Candeias, Dorrans and A.N.Other Left Winger instantly close down their back 4... then Pena peels off Brown and waits in the box.

Maybe I'm living in a fantasy world but it would be good to see. 

2 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

I thought about something similar. Although wasnt going to post about them until the Final was guaranteed (based on tomorrow)...

I thought about Pedro telling Pena to constantly mark and chase Brown down - he is stockier for a start. Brown shits it and passes the ball away so quickly when under pressure... that his defenders are put under pressure if they aren't ready for it.

Pena pressurises... Morelos, Candeias, Dorrans and A.N.Other Left Winger instantly close down their back 4... then Pena peels off Brown and waits in the box.

I'm not sure Pena could concentrate on a task like this for a full 90 mins. I'm fairly sure that after 20 mins or so Pena starts to think about what he would like for dinner that night.

2 minutes ago, FSM said:

I'm not sure Pena could concentrate on a task like this for a full 90 mins. I'm fairly sure that after 20 mins or so Pena starts to think about what he would like for dinner that night.

Unless Pena could show he's got more to offer overall I'd be looking at dropping him and going 442 v them with as said Holt or Barjonas nullifying Brown.

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

Why would we mate? His mate died. Who liked fancy dress and he dress up how he would like 

Can you imagine Pedros brother carried a coffin of some terrorist cunt...?

Can you actually imagine the circus?

Meanwhile. Tumbleweed.

15 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Can you imagine Pedros brother carried a coffin of some terrorist cunt...?

Can you actually imagine the circus?

Meanwhile. Tumbleweed.

Is a joke the difference in the treatment of our clubs especially when you consider our lot don't use banners or other shite to constantly glorify individuals or organisations involved in killings. These cunts are still making up new songs about their heroes.

Their hatred of the OBAF exposed them but again not one writer with the desire or balls to call them out. Imagine the likes of Speirs if we added weekly banners and new songs in support of Loyalist paramilitaries? Yet that's what these cunts do with impunity. It's like they are untouchable. It sickening because instead we get propaganda about the 'celtic Story' of how they fed the children, cured cancer, and saved the planet. It's actually disturbing that nothing is ever done about them.

3 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

In the last scum official match thread, I suggested two options to nullify brown - someone to nail brown hard as fuck in the first 10 minutes of the game - the way Bartley did or, in the alternative, stick Holt on him to 'snap, harry, and frustrate the fuck out of him'.

When playing in a championship game long ago, my college team was up against a fucking Goliath of a player who had very limited football skills yet completely dominated the fuck out of our scared defence with his physicality. He scored the two goals we were down by at half time. 

On the bench we had a wee specky cunt, skinny as fuck, with very limited football skills. He rarely got a game.

At half time I told the coach to put him on for the second half to man mark Goliath. He looked at me as though I was nuts saying, 'He'll get killed!' but he still put him on.

I told the wee man the only thing he had to do was stick like glue to this man mountain, and continuously ask him questions about all kinds of shite - like what was his granny's name, did he have a girlfriend ..etc etc

Right from the half time kick off, the wiry wee fucker was right on him, constantly niggling him with his chat, bony elbows and knees, irritating the fuck out of him.

Within 15 minutes the big cunt was sent off with two yellows for repeatedly shoving the wee man away from him, and we won 3-2.

He got MOTM.

6 hours ago, Ryju84 said:

Pena is not the man to play in midfield against them imho