Referee today

JamieD

At half-time I thought this was the worst refereeing performance I had seen since Howard Webb at the world cup final in 2010, but after that Bowman cunt decided he was able to smash our player's face open with impunity, I realised I have never seen a worse showing from an official.

What an embarrassment to the game.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Let's not use the ref as an excuse, we had several chances and failed to take them. Referring has been shocking but the way the side has been set up today has been awful.

I'm not using him as an excuse for losing the game, I'm using him as a reason why our player ended up with a broken nose inflicted by a player who should have been sent off an hour earlier.

3 minutes ago, JamieD said:

I'm not using him as an excuse for losing the game, I'm using him as a reason why our player ended up with a broken nose inflicted by a player who should have been sent off an hour earlier.

Yes, but you know there will be the usual mob ready to make excuses for Pedro. The ref is an easy kop out - we have been awful.

22 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Let's not use the ref as an excuse, we had several chances and failed to take them. Referring has been shocking but the way the side has been set up today has been awful.

Any motherwell player gets a red card in the first half we walk this game today, missed chances aye, but again a ref bottles it against us and plays a part in costing us

6 minutes ago, SuperAli said:

From my view of the game I've no idea how Alves and Moult are still on the pitch. 

The ref was a couple of metres away, staring right at them too. The clearest case of bottling out of making a decision I have ever seen. Didn't even speak to them.

31 minutes ago, JamieD said:

At half-time I thought this was the worst refereeing performance I had seen since Howard Webb at the world cup final in 2010, but after that Bowman cunt decided he was able to smash our player's face open with impunity, I realised I have never seen a worse showing from an official.

What an embarrassment to the game.

The referee's performance encapsulates everything that is wrong with Scottish football

I can accept that the referee gets 1 angle, and 1 look at a decision - he has to make his mind up instantly. They will always get a call wrong, when it comes to a foul, goal, in/out of play, etc. 

However, twice in that game we seen players with blood pouring out of their heads after taking potentially heavy knocks (Cardoso has broken a bone as a result ffs), and play continuing. Head injuries = stop play. That is really easy refereeing to get right. You have a bit of time to have a look and a think, then blow your whistle - and the blood makes that decision very easy. With head injuries, particularly after heavy hits, it is simply dangerous to allow play to continue. The SFA should be hauling McLean over the coals for allowing that to happen twice.

The Alves/Moult coming together is really easy to get right as well - he totally bottled that one too.

I’m generally quite alright with tackles flying in but see that one on Morelos in the first half - that was a red. That Hartley guy was just trying to hurt Morelos, in from behind, studs up. Morelos was lucky he never caught him flush. 

The McHugh tackle on Pena from behind? You see players getting their ligaments torn or ankles broken from those and he never even got a yellow. 

The fucking ASSAULT on Cardoso just ripped the absolute cunt.