I hope 'Pedro's backers' wake up now

Gaz52

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This board need to take a leap of faith to invest much more. A one off throw of the dice, because otherwise it just aint happening to knock the scum off their perch. They need to put ambition before self interest, because currrent spending policy is showing that they are not. They are spending a decent amount, but not enough to make a difference, so I would say, either stop wasting money on planning to be second, or spend enough to make a difference in the challenge to be first and they might just be surprised!

For me it's an informed and considered risk and the reward is the investment getting paid back in full via CL money, increased revenue streams from being champions and so on. We only have to beat one team to do so.

This chase for second place is divisive, frustrating, disappointing and downright fucking demoralising.

We are nowhere near returning to who and what we were and it's this board who are being the hinderance, not this manager or any other. Is there even a player out there who inspires you? The nearest I get to is John and that's only on potential. As for the rest, fucking journeymen and others with potential, that never fail to let you down.

It's got to end, but my fear is, it won't happen until the scum get their 10iar and the majority take matters into their own hands and actually wake up to this board and not to fucking Pedro, who is only today's useful idiot. Step up the next!

1 hour ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Board don't have balls or money to sack him. 

Balls yes. Money no. 

Do not forget that this board planned for second and there is a long way to go and I doubt they will deviate from it. League results are key to his departure. If it is seen he can't do second, then he will go at that point. 

It's simple business strategy. They already have our money, so why push him now when they would need to pay out plenty and a new man of any worth would be wanting cash for different players, so I think at best after the January window, much like MW, then hope a new guy works the miracle. Leicester aside, there aren't too many miracle in this game.

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Balls yes. Money no. 

Do not forget that this board planned for second and there is a long way to go and I doubt they will deviate from it. League results are key to his departure. If it is seen he can't do second, then he will go at that point. 

It's simple business strategy. They already have our money, so why push him now when they would need to pay out plenty and a new man of any worth would be wanting cash for different players, so I think at best after the January window, much like MW, then hope a new guy works the miracle. Leicester aside, there aren't too many miracle in this game.

I don't think 40 odd thousand folk bought season books happy to finish to 2nd? 

It used to be better when there was no transfer window. A manager could show his managerial skills by adding quality  when needed. Continually improving what he had. Long term injury/players not cutting it etc were moved on and replaced. 

Now a manager is hamstrung between windows giving a different impression. 

And please don't give me the second biggest budget shite, as we are simply paying over the odds in fees and wages for players that are no better than the rest in this league and for the likes of Alves, too much for too little, for someone who has well seen better days, along with a few others.

This ^^^ all day.

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

I doubt any of it is down to Pedro backers waking up to him.

On reflection and even taking into consideration the ref should be taken out and shot at dawn, closely followed by Windass, 'Well" are fucking dross and we on paper should have won.

I am starting to see a similar dynamic to the MW era. Running out of ideas, stupid mistakes by players, shrinking violets and so on.

Now the result today is down to Pedro. No denying that. However, if life were so simple, we get rid and it all comes good with a new guy.  If we actually believe that, we are in serious denial, as our problems are much more systemic as in our signing policy. We plan and spend to be second and while that is the mainstay, every selling club will fuck us, as will every free player looking to boost the pension fund, along with overpaying wages for potential. It all leads to medicrity and inconsistency yet again.

Sure, some of the players signed are better than the MW era, but overall the quality remains to be simply not good enough. We are also rans, along with the rest in the league.

And please don't give me the second biggest budget shite, as we are simply paying over the odds in fees and wages for players that are no better than the rest in this league and for the likes of Alves, too much for too little, for someone who has well seen better days, along with a few others.

Demanding to be a better second to the scum is a flawed premise as nothing less than funding for first place will return nothing but us being also rans and inconsistent. Our recent history between two managers is telling us that.

By all means get rid of Pedro, but do not expect success and make a challenge if the budget for first is not forthcoming and spare me the pish we should be better because of the budget.

Grow a fucking spine and challenge this board, or forever go up the mountain and howl at the fucking moon, to spare us the fucking whinging that would do taigs proud!

1476181049-giphy-1.gif

56 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

I don't think 40 odd thousand folk bought season books happy to finish to 2nd? 

Neither do I, but that is the business objective. We either go with it, or go get this board. Little point in howling at mediocre managers and players.

The board won't really know if it's going to "their" plan until nearer xmas, because as sure as fuck, we will continue winning in the league, except by the scum and if that happens he aint going anywhere.

For all the reasons I previously stated, we either run with the board's objectives in funding second place, or we directly challenge them. They either take the bigger risk and invest more to brong in real quality, or they don't and if they don't it's just more of the same.

The reality is, the scum DO have far better quality than us. Not world beaters by any stretch, but the state of the game up here, no one can touch them.

Don't get me wrong, it is a dilema for the board, in a stick or twist scenario. How they decide, determines our fortunes on the park for the foreseeable.

17 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Neither do I, but that is the business objective. We either go with it, or go get this board. Little point in howling at mediocre managers and players.

The board won't really know if it's going to "their" plan until nearer xmas, because as sure as fuck, we will continue winning in the league, except by the scum and if that happens he aint going anywhere.

For all the reasons I previously stated, we either run with the board's objectives in funding second place, or we directly challenge them. They either take the bigger risk and invest more to brong in real quality, or they don't and if they don't it's just more of the same.

The reality is, the scum DO have far better quality than us. Not world beaters by any stretch, but the state of the game up here, no one can touch them.

Don't get me wrong, it is a dilema for the board, in a stick or twist scenario. How they decide, determines our fortunes on the park for the foreseeable.

The killer is all 3 managers they have brought in have failed spectacularly. That is a huge problem. They clearly cannot identify a man, any man, capable of doing the job. I don't understand why more questions are not being asked of their recruitment. It's been appalling to say the least. 

1 hour ago, Orange Persson said:

This ^^^ all day.

Let's look at louis moult as an example. On two bob a week at Well. We take him, so how much do we pay him? Say the sheep take him, so how much do they pay him? A lot fucking less than us! Does any of it make him a better player? No, he's still the same guy with limited ability. Exactly like what we have been doing these last five years and where exactly are we? A squad with limited ability and go far as to say, not a piece of decent quality between them.

That is exactly why  and how we get robbed in not getting value for money and pay well over the odds. As I said, a dilema for the board in they either put up serious cash for much better quality, we remain also rans paying over the odds for mediocrity. Inconsistency and disappointment the watchwords.

Our signing policy needs a drastic change. Whether with this manager or another, but it needs to change.

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Let's look at louis moult as an example. On two bob a week at Well. We take him, so how much do we pay him? Say the sheep take him, so how much do they pay him? A lot fucking less than us! Does any of it make him a better player? No, he's still the same guy with limited ability. Exactly like what we have been doing these last five years and where exactly are we? A squad with limited ability and go far as to say, not a piece of decent quality between them.

That is exactly why  and how we get robbed in not getting value for money and pay well over the odds. As I said, a dilema for the board in they either put up serious cash for much better quality, we remain also rans paying over the odds for mediocrity. Inconsistency and disappointment the watchwords.

Our signing policy needs a drastic change. Whether with this manager or another, but it needs to change.

We need a manager that knows what a good player/prospect looks like and they don't need to cost millions. We have now had three managers on the bounce who would never know the type of player we need. The board are to blame for that and its the same useless bastards who are picking the next mug.

Every day he stays is a day less someone else has to turn us around.  Clubs with much less money than us have better players and are better organised.  We have seen it all before over the last few years and it just can't go on any longer with another clown.

3 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

I doubt any of it is down to Pedro backers waking up to him.

On reflection and even taking into consideration the ref should be taken out and shot at dawn, closely followed by Windass, 'Well" are fucking dross and we on paper should have won.

I am starting to see a similar dynamic to the MW era. Running out of ideas, stupid mistakes by players, shrinking violets and so on.

Now the result today is down to Pedro. No denying that. However, if life were so simple, we get rid and it all comes good with a new guy.  If we actually believe that, we are in serious denial, as our problems are much more systemic as in our signing policy. We plan and spend to be second and while that is the mainstay, every selling club will fuck us, as will every free player looking to boost the pension fund, along with overpaying wages for potential. It all leads to medicrity and inconsistency yet again.

Sure, some of the players signed are better than the MW era, but overall the quality remains to be simply not good enough. We are also rans, along with the rest in the league.

Demanding to be a better second to the scum is a flawed premise as nothing less than funding for first place will return nothing but us being also rans and inconsistent. Our recent history between two managers is telling us that.

By all means get rid of Pedro, but do not expect success and make a challenge if the budget for first is not forthcoming and spare me the pish we should be better because of the budget.

Grow a fucking spine and challenge this board, or forever go up the mountain and howl at the fucking moon, to spare us the fucking whinging that would do taigs proud!

Get yer mate that was going to buy us recently to put his hand in his pocket then.

St Johnstone was a corner turned for me and I was beginning to fall for it again.

same thing happens every few weeks, little glimmer of hope, bully a team like Hamilton and we begin to think we can put a run together.

Pedro’s obviously a decent manager in his own comfort zone much like a De Boer but he doesn’t suit Scottish football at all.

Now we have a shite squad that don’t get on and any replacement manager (mcinness included) are shite options, sooner the likes of Tav, Wallace, Windass etc are gone the better, so many players who are deadwood or only turn up against Diddy teams then shite it at crucial moments, even our better signings on paper like Alves, Dorrans, Jack, Cardoso etc have been so up and down it’s unreal.

This season will be just as long and frustrating as the last.

Pedro should be one of few able to leave here with his head held high, he atleast cares, hates the taigs and tried, a few of the higher ups at Rangers absolutely have to go with Pedro, how many failed appointments, poor player recruitments and measly outgoing transfer fee’s are allowed before the fans force these cunts like Robertson out the club? 

4 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

I'm all for getting behind a manager but how many chances is he going to get? When push comes to shove he can't do it, he can't motivate the players to win big games

celtic 2-0, 5-1, 2-0

Aberdeen at ibrox 

Progres

Hibs at ibrox 

We papered over some cracks with a few decent away wins but other than that we've been shambolic. Alves has been such a letdown, Cardoso is utter mince, Pena is a laughing stock. Nearly £2m for Herrera for him to sit on the bench every week, when we could have had Moult for peanuts? 

No doubt he'll get more time to fuck us up and the pro-King squad will be out calling for more time for Pedro cause they can't see anything wrong - we've made an absolute cunt of it by backing him so heavily in the transfer market. It's not just one off games he's losing now, it's a pattern of big games, it's simply not good enough, we should be wiping the floor with them today

He was always on a shoogly nail even as far back as the end of last season, with the fans at least. 

The question now is when does King lose his patience with him?

The board aren't blameless either, they should have had a DOF in to deal with player signings long before they handed Pedro our season ticket money to spunk away. 

This whole thing has been mismanaged, I don't even know if we're moving in the right direction, the players on the park look of a higher standard but the results aren't showing it, maybe a different approach could get more out of them. I just hope the board act quickly before this turns into more of a farce. 

47 minutes ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

St Johnstone was a corner turned for me and I was beginning to fall for it again.

same thing happens every few weeks, little glimmer of hope, bully a team like Hamilton and we begin to think we can put a run together.

Pedro’s obviously a decent manager in his own comfort zone much like a De Boer but he doesn’t suit Scottish football at all.

Now we have a shite squad that don’t get on and any replacement manager (mcinness included) are shite options, sooner the likes of Tav, Wallace, Windass etc are gone the better, so many players who are deadwood or only turn up against Diddy teams then shite it at crucial moments, even our better signings on paper like Alves, Dorrans, Jack, Cardoso etc have been so up and down it’s unreal.

This season will be just as long and frustrating as the last.

Pedro should be one of few able to leave here with his head held high, he atleast cares, hates the taigs and tried, a few of the higher ups at Rangers absolutely have to go with Pedro, how many failed appointments, poor player recruitments and measly outgoing transfer fee’s are allowed before the fans force these cunts like Robertson out the club? 

I don't think it's a matter of any of us falling for it. I simply look it as the type/level of player we bring in, as in afford to bring in. I see little difference in our consistency from the MW days.  In theory Alves is the best of them, but he appears to playing with one eye on his pension plan.

Being who we are, as in times gone past, we pay way over the odds. IMO we just don't have the quality to be consistent. Pedro doesn't make Windass miss sitters in front of goal, but he does pick him and so it goes on throughout the team, from Fod's making howlers and shitting it, to him making great saves. From Tav being a shit defender to him putting in great crosses. Then the lack pf creativity on midfield, to central mid making big mistakes. For me we just don't have the quality to be consistent and for the most part comes down to money to get the quality in.