I hope 'Pedro's backers' wake up now

Gaz52

2 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

The thing is we are all Pedro backers none of us want him to fail, but should never have been given the job in the first place,he's got no pedigree ,the last thing we needed after warburton was another experiment.

No other manager in Scotland have pedigree. 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have backed Pedro in the past but I don't think anyone could complain if he gets sacked. Problem is you then have the same board who appointed him choosing his replacement. Warburtons replacement had to be one of the most important managerial choices in the club's history. Anyone coming had a limited budget but they had to hit the ground running. Pedro was a massive gamble as was his signing policy. To let this board loose again and sign another manager who will want another clear out is a frightening prospect.  

Sack Pedro and most probably Cardosso,Alves,Pena,Hereera,Morellos will want to go to.That's just the way of the world.

We will not recoup the money for the Mexicans or Alves so  therefor we're seriously out of pocket with hardly anything to spend when a new manager comes in..We've seen the young lads come in and although still kids most don't excite us( for the Taigs trolling that's in a football sense).

So who do we bring in on the cheap again and how do we give him the money needed for another total clear out..third in 3 years

If Pedro gets to New year and is given money then he has to get Moult in. Aim British players who won't be pushed around. I don't rate McLean at the Sheep i feel we have enough in that area. Do we get Walker for the left side??..Do we try for Murphy at Brighton who i think would be outstanding.

Looks like the end for the guy ,  Rangers fans deserve better than the utter demotivated crap we had to put up with yesterday, no fight, no heart, go a goal behind  and the heads go down,  we looked like we could have played all night and not scored,  not good enough, we all deserve better than that insipid pish.

It's the fucking board who need hunted,every single one of the bastards. They are the ones responsible for the absolute mess we are in.

We're winning nothing for years and we only have ourselves to blame,the apathy and drop in standards amongst our fanbase is absolutely astonishing.

3 minutes ago, Sket said:

It's the fucking board who need hunted,every single one of the bastards. They are the ones responsible for the absolute mess we are in.

We're winning nothing for years and we only have ourselves to blame,the apathy and drop in standards amongst our fanbase is absolutely astonishing.

what do you mean pal? 

3 minutes ago, Loyaleastend said:

what do you mean pal? 

You know what i mean.

The 'but look where we were compared to where we are now' brigade. The ones who make continuous excuses for managers way out of their depth rather than pulling their heads out their arses and facing the cold,hard truth.

1 minute ago, Sket said:

You know what i mean.

The 'but look where we were compared to where we are now' brigade. The ones who make continuous excuses for managers way out of their depth rather than pulling their heads out their arses and facing the cold,hard truth.

I didn't know what you meant, that's why I asked, but aye, I see your point, thanks.

2 hours ago, steven33jackie said:

I have backed Pedro in the past but I don't think anyone could complain if he gets sacked. Problem is you then have the same board who appointed him choosing his replacement. Warburtons replacement had to be one of the most important managerial choices in the club's history. Anyone coming had a limited budget but they had to hit the ground running. Pedro was a massive gamble as was his signing policy. To let this board loose again and sign another manager who will want another clear out is a frightening prospect.  

Just an aside regarding the selection process for a manager. 

In my mind there should never be an interview process for a manager like me and you have in the real world. Behng Rangers manager is not a sales pitch. It’s not about who can talk the ‘best game’in a meeting. 

The Football Board should be out there right now looking for a manager with a proven track record for success. Someone who galvanises a dressing room. Someone with an eye for a player. Someone who improves players and gets the best out of what he has. 

Thats the interview process. Not what pish he can spout but what he has actually done.

find him and get him in - pronto! 

Oh yeh, and give him proper financial muscle 

3 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Just an aside regarding the selection process for a manager. 

In my mind there should never be an interview process for a manager like me and you have in the real world. Behng Rangers manager is not a sales pitch. It’s not about who can talk the ‘best game’in a meeting. 

The Football Board should be out there right now looking for a manager with a proven track record for success. Someone who galvanises a dressing room. Someone with an eye for a player. Someone who improves players and gets the best out of what he has. 

Thats the interview process. Not what pish he can spout but what he has actually done.

find him and get him in - pronto! 

Oh yeh, and give him proper financial muscle 

To think we let this cunt spend the vast majority of our budget on 2 Mexicans who were already on loan at other clubs beggers belief, the 3 man panel that selected him should never be allowed to make a football decision again, they fell for a salesmanship pitch and made a catastrophic cunt of it, I just hope it doesn't drag on for weeks, we desperately need a bit of direction and letting him hang around will only cause further damage/embaresment. 

1 minute ago, the old guard said:

To think we let this cunt spend the vast majority of our budget on 2 Mexicans who were already on loan at other clubs beggers belief, the 3 man panel that selected him should never be allowed to make a football decision again, they fell for a salesmanship pitch and made a catastrophic cunt of it, I just hope it doesn't drag on for weeks, we desperately need a bit of direction and letting him hang around will only cause further damage/embaresment. 

I think starry eyed Graeme Park has to take some responsibility here. 

1 hour ago, Sket said:

You know what i mean.

The worst thing about yesterday was no cunt was even surprised we got beat off Motherwell.

6 years ago if we got beat off anyone bar tarriers in the cup it was an outrage. Now it’s half expected. Someone needs to come in and sort this mess out quick before it’s too late.

14 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

I doubt any of it is down to Pedro backers waking up to him.

On reflection and even taking into consideration the ref should be taken out and shot at dawn, closely followed by Windass, 'Well" are fucking dross and we on paper should have won.

I am starting to see a similar dynamic to the MW era. Running out of ideas, stupid mistakes by players, shrinking violets and so on.

Now the result today is down to Pedro. No denying that. However, if life were so simple, we get rid and it all comes good with a new guy.  If we actually believe that, we are in serious denial, as our problems are much more systemic as in our signing policy. We plan and spend to be second and while that is the mainstay, every selling club will fuck us, as will every free player looking to boost the pension fund, along with overpaying wages for potential. It all leads to medicrity and inconsistency yet again.

Sure, some of the players signed are better than the MW era, but overall the quality remains to be simply not good enough. We are also rans, along with the rest in the league.

And please don't give me the second biggest budget shite, as we are simply paying over the odds in fees and wages for players that are no better than the rest in this league and for the likes of Alves, too much for too little, for someone who has well seen better days, along with a few others.

Demanding to be a better second to the scum is a flawed premise as nothing less than funding for first place will return nothing but us being also rans and inconsistent. Our recent history between two managers is telling us that.

By all means get rid of Pedro, but do not expect success and make a challenge if the budget for first is not forthcoming and spare me the pish we should be better because of the budget.

Grow a fucking spine and challenge this board, or forever go up the mountain and howl at the fucking moon, to spare us the fucking whinging that would do taigs proud!

Should end the thread after that. ??

We’ll need significant investment before mounting a serious title challenge. In the meantime, we need a manager who can comfortably secure second place, reach multiple cup finals, and have a decent go at qualifying for European group stages.

Until yesterday, I was willing to believe Caixinha could be that manager, but now he’s failed two of those objectives and seems to be struggling with the third. It’s also clear that we’ve squandered much of our limited transfer budget on dross. The several million spent on Pena is looking particularly galling as it could have bought us Moult (another “good finisher”, but who adds so much more) several times over. 

I’m now finding it very difficult to believe that McLeish or McInnes (both relatively uninspiring choices) couldn’t do better. 

44 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

It’s quite fuckin simple, is he the man to stop 10 in a row?

Clearly fuckin not therefore he should be gone. No questions asked.

I don’t think he is either, but the board we have won’t stop 10 in a row either and they aren’t going.anywhere. 

37 minutes ago, rangersross said:

We’ll need significant investment before mounting a serious title challenge. In the meantime, we need a manager who can comfortably secure second place, reach multiple cup finals, and have a decent go at qualifying for European group stages.

Until yesterday, I was willing to believe Caixinha could be that manager, but now he’s failed two of those objectives and seems to be struggling with the third. It’s also clear that we’ve squandered much of our limited transfer budget on dross. The several million spent on Pena is looking particularly galling as it could have bought us Moult (another “good finisher”, but who adds so much more) several times over. 

I’m now finding it very difficult to believe that McLeish or McInnes (both relatively uninspiring choices) couldn’t do better. 

A manager that can comfortably secure second place. ?? For the love of god. 

Why not get a board with access to appropriate funds and a manager that will win us the league instead of a stop gap. 

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

A manager that can comfortably secure second place. ?? For the love of god. 

Why not get a board with access to appropriate funds and a manager that will win us the league instead of a stop gap. 

Oh aye, right enough, why didn’t I think of that? Let’s just ‘get a board’ that’s willing to spend millions of pounds on new players immediately. Sounds so simple when you read it. Can’t believe it never occurred to me. Problem solved.

51 minutes ago, rangersross said:

Oh aye, right enough, why didn’t I think of that? Let’s just ‘get a board’ that’s willing to spend millions of pounds on new players immediately. Sounds so simple when you read it. Can’t believe it never occurred to me. Problem solved.

So instead of actually wanting to win, your just happy to finish second. 

Grow a fucking backbone.