Goalkeeper - Wrong Choice

siddiqi_drinker

2 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Massive mistake today not playing our #1 keeper though the pundits and Wes haters on here will disagree.  Alnwick flapping at goal #1 and in no man's land for the second.  Cost us big time.

Never understood why the keeper never got a run of games because he always looked quality when he got the chance . Today it showed why , he was fuckin shocking.

He was just one of the problems today though and Foderingham is prone to the same kind of fuck ups.

4 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Massive mistake today not playing our #1 keeper though the pundits and Wes haters on here will disagree.  Alnwick flapping at goal #1 and in no man's land for the second.  Cost us big time.

Keeper was not the issue

Dorans and Jack were anonymous

Candeais was energetic but nothing in the final 3rd

Taverneir never got forward

Morelos and Pena were anonymous

DJ was the only one I would give a 7 out of 10 to.

Just now, theiconicman said:

Keeper was not the issue

both were playing well early doors then vanished, no idea why

Switching Candeias and Windass kind of took Tav out of the game

Windass scores any of his chances different game and they dont go up the park and score

TBH, the first - should he do better, probably, but it is a bastard of a ball for a goalie - because it is essentially dropping on him, he can't carry any momentum, whilst the attacker is moving to the ball and can. It's very easy to get shoved off the ball and look a mug.

The second, if he was closer to his line he saves it (or Moult wouldn't try the lob).... but - if the pass is over hit, we'd all be asking why the keep was on his line and not available to sweep up a loose ball - tbh, I'd give credit to the striker, rather than blame the goalie for that one. 9 time out of 10 his positioning is correct.

1 hour ago, Badger said:

TBH, the first - should he do better, probably, but it is a bastard of a ball for a goalie - because it is essentially dropping on him, he can't carry any momentum, whilst the attacker is moving to the ball and can. It's very easy to get shoved off the ball and look a mug.

The second, if he was closer to his line he saves it (or Moult wouldn't try the lob).... but - if the pass is over hit, we'd all be asking why the keep was on his line and not available to sweep up a loose ball - tbh, I'd give credit to the striker, rather than blame the goalie for that one. 9 time out of 10 his positioning is correct.

Second one was a superb goal. As you say, he was damned if he did damned if didn’t.

1 hour ago, theiconicman said:

Keeper was not the issue

My god, Pena genuinely must have bribed his way to the club. He's a conman, I'm convinced. He's not a footballer at all.

2 minutes ago, SuperPapac05 said:

And if Wes fucked up today we'd have the same thread asking why Alnwick wasn't playing especially after the last round. Caxinha hasn't got a crystal ball and Alnwick is the cup keeper so the selection was correct. 

Away and fucking grow one - I've ended up quoting you, SP05 - definitely wasn't meant to be you - the fuckers it's aimed at know who they are. Today's result definitely does not lie on the goalkeeper's doorstep

2 hours ago, TopCat said:

It wasn't the only reason we lost today but I do agree with the op - we should have started the game with our number one keeper.

You should always start with your strongest team, every game without exception. Another example of our manager being fucking useless. Get him to fuck now. Embarrassment of a man.

2 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

we wouldn't have been there today had It not been for alnwick in the last round.

Him and Jack were the main reason we weren't already a goal down. He was at fault for the first goal, got himself under the ball but the ball bounced about and could have been cleared. The second I would blame Alves before the keeper, he let his man run off him and then it was a 1 on 1 which the Goalie was never favorite on.