Central Midfield

MARK92GERS

I feel this is a major problem in the team so many times this season Dorrans & Jack just don’t compliment one another I don’t know how many games I’ve witnessed this where they’ve went missing these two you’d expect would take the game by the scruff of the neck when we find ourselves in moments like today but have failed to do so there’s no creativity or drive going forward to many lazy back and sideway passes for me

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, MARK92GERS said:

I feel this is a major problem in the team so many times this season Dorrans & Jack just don’t compliment one another I don’t know how many games I’ve witnessed this where they’ve went missing these two you’d expect would take the game by the scruff of the neck when we find ourselves in moments like today but have failed to do so there’s no creativity or drive going forward to many lazy back and sideway passes for me

Thought both started well today then just vanished, Jack wasn't breaking up play and there was zero creativity from Dorrans

Central midfield is the elephant in the room regarding our play just now.

The middle is providing little in the way of attacking bite and support, and it is a big part of the reason we are toothless in front of goal. 

Morelos has far too much to do, and whilst he is a good player, he isn't good enough to lead an attack single handed. We do get forward well from the wide positions, but Morelos isn't a target man or hold up player. 

See to be honest. I don’t blame any of the players. 

I didn’t blame Jeremy Clemente. I didn’t blame Sebo or Sionko. 

PLG was the problem then. PC is the problem now. 

He is here til the end of the season or until we fall so far behind 2nd spot that King has no choice. 

23 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Dorran's is a fuckin joke , plays one game and goes missing the next four...........

Yeah the games Jack plays in because they both sit so deep and with Pena further up it causes out wide men to come inside to a more central role

Dorrans just shouldn't play in a midfield 2 end of. He shouldn't be receiving the ball on the edge of our box from the keeper, having to do all the tracking back none of that.

He's our number 10 for a reason 95% of the players on that park today couldn't lace his boots, he needs 2 solid midfielders behind him to let him play and he'll flourish.

Ryan Jack is slowly but surely having a bad season.

Jacks absence coincided with Dorrans finally looking like the player we wanted. Back in today and it didn't work again.

It's our poor mans version of Lampard / Gerrard. Pick one and stick with it for me.

1 hour ago, DariuszAdamczuk said:

Dorrans just shouldn't play in a midfield 2 end of. He shouldn't be receiving the ball on the edge of our box from the keeper, having to do all the tracking back none of that.

He's our number 10 for a reason 95% of the players on that park today couldn't lace his boots, he needs 2 solid midfielders behind him to let him play and he'll flourish.

Most sense spoken today  

Said ages ago we wouldn't amount to anything with Jack as a starter and as for Dorrans well he isn't an attacking midfielder and he's playing the same position he's played in for years, he just isn't all that, simple.