Louis Moult

TMB

Thoughts on him?  Surely a case to be made for us going after him in January.  The lad is still only 25 and has a proven track record of scoring goals at this level.  He's now scored 11 goals this season which includes 5 in the league. 

Moult.thumb.PNG.fafaaf39762ba30aa2ef1b6cd19ba040.PNG

He scored a great goal against us today, and scored a similar effort against celtic last season:

His contract runs out at the end of the season and apparently Motherwell will be looking for around £650k for him in January.  As a strike partner to Morelos he could be well worth picking up.  Seems to has physicality and battling qualities our team are in need of.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Take him in a heartbeat. Should hve signed him in the summer. 

I’d take Cadden too and play him on the left instead of Windass. That boy is a future Scotland international. 

I agree with regards to Cadden.  I was on a Motherwell forum and reading what they had to say about him and apparently he was played through the middle last season which didn't suit his style of play.  They said the boy likes playing wide and firing balls in to the box as he's a great crosser.  If we could get Cadden and Moult in we could bolster our attack considerably and it wouldn't cost much.  I'd rather have Cadden and Moult in our team, than Windass and Herrera.

3 hours ago, Goianegra said:

Had a feeling we'd regret not picking him up, was low risk, pretty baffling tbh.

Motherwell weren't interested in selling him that's why he's still there. 

Don't get all this should've signed him stuff. Can't buy a player if a club isn't willing to sell.

5 hours ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Don't get all this should've signed him stuff. Can't buy a player if a club isn't willing to sell.

They were looking for 500k and sheep  wouldn't pay that

He wouldn't be available for 500k now

7 hours ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

But they were willing to sell..

Look how many shots he's been able to take in comparison to Morelos. Shows just how poor we are.

Shows how bad we are when I doubt he'd get that number for us.

Also 88 per cent of o'hallorans shots have been on target... What has happened to him.

To answer the original question... Moult does look a lot better than most of our current options and has done consistently well for Motherwell.

1 hour ago, stewaj3 said:

Look how many shots he's been able to take in comparison to Morelos. Shows just how poor we are.

Also 88 per cent of o'hallorans shots have been on target... What has happened to him.

To answer the original question... Moult does look a lot better than most of our current options and has done consistently well for Motherwell.

MOH came here for the money. No other club in the world were daft enough to pay him 8k a week.

Statistically he's the 3rd best striker on that list and the other 2 are already on our books.

He's had twice as many attempts as every other player on that list and still only has 5 goals. His conversion rate is Waghorn-esque and his goals to games ratio is only slightly better than Graham Dorrans, a central midfielder.

I know I'm in a minority on here but I really don't see the fuss over this guy. 

6 hours ago, stewaj3 said:

And yet Morelos still has more goals.

We need better than Moult to challenge the taigs ffs said it in the summer and I'm not about to change my mind after 2 goals against us when we were abysmal,spend some money and go out and find another Prso/Jelavic type,with good scouting there are players out there as Morelos proves, Moult is a lazy option and neither the answer or good enough.