Open season on our players?

Ferris Bueller

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The mentality increasingly is that the treatment yesterday was acceptable. It will happen more and more,and the standard will drop even further . that was the furthest from enjoyable I've found watching football in a long long time. The referees are setting the bar though,and that must change

2 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

So it seems we are now in bear hunting season where its a free for all on our players with no consequences and what comes across as enjoyment by the rest of scottish football, see the latest example

there is a difference between ruffle up the opposition and assualt  nothing wrong with getting stuck in  wish to fuck we would do the same instead of acting like a bunch of pansies  we will get the same at murrayfield on sat    i was at tynecastle twice last year when hearts just bullied us

5 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

The mentality increasingly is that the treatment yesterday was acceptable. It will happen more and more,and the standard will drop even further . that was the furthest from enjoyable I've found watching football in a long long time. The referees are setting the bar though,and that must change

Well man up and snap a couple of cunts in half. It will soon bloody stop,  go in and break the cunts leg deliberately. It works both ways you know. Bunch a fucking bottle merchants in our team need to man up 

6 minutes ago, billscott said:

there is a difference between ruffle up the opposition and assualt  nothing wrong with getting stuck in  wish to fuck we would do the same instead of acting like a bunch of pansies  we will get the same at murrayfield on sat    i was at tynecastle twice last year when hearts just bullied us

I agree with this we are playing football it's not cage fighting  but we do need to be stronger on the ball.   Bowman used his elbow twice and should have been off, the Ref choose to book him for the first so it should have been the same for the 2nd. 

See how we're getting bullied every week against every other team in the league, does that not kind of tell us something? Like we're the odd ones out? We've been getting bullied for too long now, sellik, sheep etc. It's not difficult to bully us at the moment. We're far too soft. 

Do we expect the wee teams to turn up and roll over, or do you not think they'll do whatever they can to get a win? 

In the cup final last season Tierney got done a belter off the sheep's big striker. Face panned in and the guy never got sent off. We all had a chuckle at it, and laughed at the faux outrage from the scum. Its part and parcel of football.

8 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

It should have been open season on the motherwell players from our squad after the assault on our players, we would have never let them away with that a few years ago. We should have kicked the shit out of them instead we let them bully us

We would have done them in the tunnel if the tried that years ago

1 minute ago, cstamomusa said:

I agree with this we are playing football it's not cage fighting  but we do need to be stronger on the ball.   Bowman used his elbow twice and should have been off, the Ref choose to book him for the first so it should have been the same for the 2nd. 

cannot argue with that the ref was awful  but as courtyard bear said in a previous thread  give them a bit of their own medicine and see if they can handle that  and dont say the ref would punish us  our players are so soft and weak  lots of people on here were jumping up and down when alves signed about what the hard man would do to everyone in scotland  he is as soft as the rest

Weak mentality from Rangers yesterday, got drawn into a scrap by an inferior footballing team.  Didn’t look to outweigh the battling with trying to play football and when you do that you leave a lot down to chance. 

If they players cannot cope with that sort of occasion then god help them at celtic Park.

13 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Well man up and snap a couple of cunts in half. It will soon bloody stop,  go in and break the cunts leg deliberately. It works both ways you know. Bunch a fucking bottle merchants in our team need to man up 

That's the biggest issue in Scottish football right there. They fuck you up,fuck them up twice as hard! 

The way the modern game works, that does not happen in every country I watch. Spain,Italy,Germany,France. Even the top leagues in england that does not happen. For some reason the mentality up here is smash fuck out of everything.

Manning up is one thing,but the treatment being dished out is on another level. Totally unacceptable, and if we are happy with that,then Scottish football is in a worse state than I thought. This wee country mentality gets us nowhere.

Don't want to make excuses for the team but it's easy to say our players should be doing the same and battling out on the pitch.  If our players put in the kind of assaults that Motherwell got away with yesterday, they would be banned for 2 or 3 games and if that didn't happen it would be getting highlighted in the media non-stop.  All I've heard from people today is that Alves should've been sent off.  No other teams' fan has accepted any criticism of Motherwell's tactics. It's all part of the game apparently but what Alves did... no that must be punished.  If we don't do anything to counter this narrative, we will continue to be treated as legit targets for this aggression and better quality players will refuse to join a team where their safety isn't guaranteed.

4 minutes ago, rossDas said:

It started getting routinely out of hand in the lower leagues, with the refs doing fuck-all about it and every manager doing his homework on us will see a low risk strategy to add to his game plan. 

I recall that the commentator’s when we were unjustly in the lower leagues calling the the heavy tackles against us as being  “Industrial”. Was watching one game on tv and we were penalised for retaliating the inference being we were professionals so should know better. I’m no conspiracy theorist but maybe the compliance officer is being so lenient this season is because it may well be an open season.