Ryan Jack

j1mgg

Just now, K.A.I said:

I quite like him myself but he looked really average/non-existent against celtic 

rightly or wrongly that’s how I benchmark our players

ive seen a lot worse than him though but we need a step up to challenge 

but for now he’s ok 

He’s good enough imo, only thing I’d say is he’s a bit limited because his game is pretty much just getting down the line and crossing it but I like him, decent free kick deliveries too. He is 28 tho so will probably start hitting a downward curve in the next few seasons

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Siwel said:

He’s good enough imo, only thing I’d say is he’s a bit limited because his game is pretty much just getting down the line and crossing it but I like him, decent free kick deliveries too. He is 28 tho so will probably start hitting a downward curve in the next few seasons

I’ve seen a lot lot worse then Candais... he’s alright 

but again, he couldn’t lace Forrest, McGregor or Sinclair’s boots which is what we’re up against 

mind crack pots on here last season trying to tell me McKay was miles better than Forrest just minded that there 

12 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Why the hate for Candeias? He’s class

He's not, he's very very average.

One tackle from Tierney and he shat it as well.

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

but again, he couldn’t lace Forrest, McGregor or Sinclair’s boots which is what we’re up against 

mind crack pots on here last season trying to tell me McKay was miles better than Forrest just minded that there 

Did somebody no change their title to a quote of you saying it or something? :lol: 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

I’m sure when we signed O’halloran everyone was saying he was better than Forrest too.

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Did somebody no change their title to a quote of you saying it or something? :lol: 

Best Winger we have 

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Probably 

this place is full of lunatics who don’t know if they need a hair cut or a shite when it comes down to soccerball 

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

Without candieas our season would be a whole lot worse than it is. He has been a big plus. I'm surprised he is taking stick to be honest, because if he is, the rest may as well chuck it.

Spot on. Been our most reliable attacking option all season. 

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

He’s got something - even I see that I mentioned it, he’s alright going forward and got good assists but I think his defending is shocking. A few folk have said to me this season they think he’s improved that side of his game but I don’t think he’s as good a defender as we need not by a long shot - and the left hand side is worse 

Our full backs should be better at attacking than defending though.

Yeah should be able to cover and be positionally switched on but a team like Rangers we should be on the front foot and be constantly putting the opposition under pressure which includes the full backs.

3 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Our full backs should be better at attacking than defending though.

Yeah should be able to cover and be positionally switched on but a team like Rangers we should be on the front foot and be constantly putting the opposition under pressure which includes the full backs.

In that case we should just play 4 wingers? 

Great full backs at Rangers like Numan, Robertson, Munro even Hutton at his peak couple of seasons with us could defend as well as burst forward - no one will ever change my mind we need full backs who can defend, if they are good going forward too then great a bonus 

Just now, K.A.I said:

In that case we should just play 4 wingers? 

Great full backs at Rangers like Numan, Robertson, Munro even Hutton at his peak couple of seasons with us could defend as well as burst forward - no one will ever change my mind we need full backs who can defend, if they are good going forward too then great a bonus 

No cos as I stated you need to be positionally aware in which case wingers woukdnt be. Wouldn't know when to overlap etc get back into position.

Hutton was a dreadful defender who used his athleticism to get back and make last ditch tackles. That's why he failed in the EPL. He  wasn't able to adapt to the position against a higher standard of player.

18 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

No cos as I stated you need to be positionally aware in which case wingers woukdnt be. Wouldn't know when to overlap etc get back into position.

Hutton was a dreadful defender who used his athleticism to get back and make last ditch tackles. That's why he failed in the EPL. He  wasn't able to adapt to the position against a higher standard of player.

And Tav can get back in position? His positional sense is awful - it’s almost like because he’s got a few assists this season, people have forget how awful a defender he is 

re Hutton you can’t be a dreadful defender if you can utilise pace and make last ditch tackles - that’s what a good full back should be about pace and good tackles. 

Hutton wasn’t an amazing defender hence why I said “even Hutton” because defensive he’s still better than any full backs in that regard we’ve had for past good few years 

Tavernier looks like a midfielder filling in at full back most of the time. He is positionally poor, constantly caught up the park, usually around the oppositions 18 yard box and the opposition is half way in to our half before is dawns on the vacant half wit, that he is meant to be defending our goal. He is shite and should have been jettisoned during the summer, but, there is only so much you can do in 1 sitting and Pedro did get the most pressing rubbish moving out the club. If Jack proves to be a good right full back, then I would play him over Tavernier as Tavernier has consistently proved he can't defend. 

1 minute ago, ZZed said:

Tavernier looks like a midfielder filling in at full back most of the time. He is positionally poor, constantly caught up the park, usually around the oppositions 18 yard box and the opposition is half way in to our half before is dawns on the vacant half wit, that he is meant to be defending our goal. He is shite and should have been jettisoned during the summer, but, there is only so much you can do in 1 sitting and Pedro did get the most pressing rubbish moving out the club. If Jack proves to be a good right full back, then I would play him over Tavernier as Tavernier has consistently proved he can't defend. 

Such bullshit is actually ban worthy, painful to read.

Archived