Ryan Jack

j1mgg

I understand the argument, but i honestly believe the Hibs game was only heading one way with or without Jack on the pitch. 

The fact that it even is an argument is encouraging though, we're just outwith touching distance to them with one round of fixtures down. We've barely kicked a ball and have just rid ourselves of a horrific manager. We have ourselves a coach we can have confidence in to get a bit more from the current squad immediately, and are likely to appoint a manager who has done very well all things considered with limited resources, has full knowledge of the league and knows how to breeze past the cannon fodder of the league. 

Plenty to build on in january if we can keep it together in the next month and a bit. Sort out our left hand side and add a horrible, brick hard bastard to the spine of our midfield and there's still plenty to play for. 

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Broadfoot gets away with this is a scandal.

Remember when it was Lafferty on Mulgrew, there was a media witchunt. He was rightly banned and condemned by all including most on here.

It's almost as if now there's no similar appetite, no integrity, unless it's a Rangers player offending......

34 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

It isn’t about decisions that “even themselves out over the season”. 

These decisions are basically cheating. The two red cards Jack has had have been a fucking joke. 

Bowman, McGeoch, Stokes, Moult and a couple of others I’ve missed should all have had red cards this season against us.

Morelos jumps 2 yards away from McDonald last week and Thompson gives it as a foul. The keeper also handles about 5 yards outside the box. 

These decisions that go against us are cheating. Decisions that even themselves out are yellow card accumulation which means a player misses the next match etc but some of these are influencing the games were playing to the extent that it is costing us points. 

You really have to wonder PH, I never thought Id see a worse display of refereeing in my lifetime than the Hibs game at Ibrox & then the Motherwell game came along.

Thats 2 reds Jack has received which have been overturned - its not beyond reason to suggest his erroneous ordering off has cost us dearly.

The club really need to keep speaking out on this as per their recent statement - its not paranoia when your claims about sub-standard refereeing are firmy based in fact

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

That Broadfoot gets away with this is a scandal.

Remember when it was Lafferty on Mulgrew, there was a media witchunt. He was rightly banned and condemned by all including most on here.

It's almost as if now there's no similar appetite, no integrity, unless it's a Rangers player offending......

Agreed. 

How there’s no action against Broadfoot is, unfortunately par for the course. 

That’s two rescinded reds against one Rangers player in a handful of games.  Surely it’s time for the club to take more steps beyond the previous statement. It’s blatantly obvious there are different standards being applied to Rangers. Hopefully they are indeed doing so. 

Just now, D'Artagnan said:

You really have to wonder PH, I never thought Id see a worse display of refereeing in my lifetime than the Hibs game at Ibrox & then the Motherwell game came along.

Thats 2 reds Jack has received which have been overturned - its not beyond reason to suggest his erroneous rdering off has cost us dearly.

The club really need to keep speaking out on this as per their recent statement - its not paranoia when your claims about sub-standard refereeing are firmy based in fact

Correct. When it comes to any other team in the country the integrity of the game isn’t questioned but when its a Rangers player that’s all that’s spoke about. 

He’s had 3 red cards in 20% of his games for Rangers and had 3 red cards in less than 2% of his games for Aberdeen. 

15 games for Rangers

259 IIRC for Aberdeen

When you have officials openly apologising to Rodgers over decisions that’s when things really need to start being questioned 

Just now, Prso's headband said:

Correct. When it comes to any other team in the country the integrity of the game isn’t questioned but when its a Rangers player that’s all that’s spoke about. 

He’s had 3 red cards in 20% of his games for Rangers and had 3 red cards in less than 2% of his games for Aberdeen. 

15 games for Rangers

259 IIRC for Aberdeen

When you have officials openly apologising to Rodgers over decisions that’s when things really need to start being questioned 

If, as they say, these things "average out over a season" - we're in for a bumper second half when penalties & offside goals rain down like mana from heven :mutley:

Just now, D'Artagnan said:

If, as they say, these things "average out over a season" - we're in for a bumper second half when penalties & offside goals rain down like mana from heven :mutley:

Exactly! I understand yellow card accumulation or free kicks that get given against you if that was the argument but these decisions, you can argue has cost us 5 points and if you factor in the stonewall penalty Partick Thistle were denied against cellic at the start of the season we’d actually be top of the league. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but if were sitting here in May having lost the league by 9 points and under, with the decisions that have cost us already, then Rangers and the fans really need to start ramping up the pressure. 

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but if were sitting here in May having lost the league by 9 points and under, with the decisions that have cost us already, then Rangers and the fans really need to start ramping up the pressure. 

That's bollocks tbh mate.

We are in November, and if we lose the league, it won't be because of refereeing decisions.

Just now, Mr Soprano said:

That's bollocks tbh mate.

We are in November, and if we lose the league, it won't be because of refereeing decisions.

If the decisions keep going the way they’re going and we’ve lost it by something like 9 points you can put a decent argument forward for it I think. 

Theoretically we should be top if the referees were competent enough, but then people can turn it round about and said well if Candeias scores the penalty etc its a different story. Theres too many ways to look at it and I don’t wanna come across as a total paranoid cunt but the decisions we’ve been involved in, someone should be questioning the officials integrity at least. Especially when a 4th official 50 yards away can overrule a ref who was 5 yards away

5 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

If the decisions keep going the way they’re going and we’ve lost it by something like 9 points you can put a decent argument forward for it I think. 

Theoretically we should be top if the referees were competent enough, but then people can turn it round about and said well if Candeias scores the penalty etc its a different story. Theres too many ways to look at it and I don’t wanna come across as a total paranoid cunt but the decisions we’ve been involved in, someone should be questioning the officials integrity at least. Especially when a 4th official 50 yards away can overrule a ref who was 5 yards away

While I certainly want to see us call out the refereeing standards I don't want us to go down the route of blaming officials for all our deficiencies either, how many years did the tarriers always claim they were always cheated and never defeated?

4 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

While I certainly want to see us call out the refereeing standards I don't want us to go down the route of blaming officials for all our deficiencies either, how many years did the tarriers always claim they were always cheated and never defeated?

I know, there is a fine line between seeking clarity and obviously being paranoid that it is used as a cover for us being poor. I don’t know what should be said but the board really have to push for clarification on things like this as it is effecting the outcomes of 2 of our games already this season 

1 hour ago, Ivybank said:

Imagine broadfoot going down like that at torbett towers, I can just hear that pansy Stephen thompsons voice now? Calling him to be sent off

He done it once before at torbett towers and Willie Colum gave us a penalty ?. Let's face it , before we get to bias , scottish refs are just pure shite.

31 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Clearly he wasn't or Jack wouldn't of been sent off

Which is my point. 

If he's booked for his conduct for getting involved with Jack but then simulates with the dive and roll around then this is a separate action which SHOULD bring retrospective action. 

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Which is my point. 

If he's booked for his conduct for getting involved with Jack but then simulates with the dive and roll around then this is a separate action which SHOULD bring retrospective action. 

He was booked and Jack was to the original decision made at the time was correct 

Archived