Ryan Jack

j1mgg

4 minutes ago, PRW. said:

God knows because we are far stronger defensively down the right side with Tav & Candeias than we are Wallace/John & Windass. 

Think this is quickly becoming a bit of a myth

Candeias has made a difference but still for Me Tav's role should be further forward or in the midfield, he's a player I rate for energy and work rate but not defending.

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Tav is one of the worst Rangers defenders I have ever seen.

As for being one of the best in the league, not that it would be that hard, but you're havin a giraffe.

Jack is one dimensional. Seriously average.

As for John, some serious quality in the making that Tav could only dream about. A player.

Is this sarcasm? Or some kind of parody account? 

2 hours ago, Gascoigne8 said:

The one thing that causes Tav a lot of problems is his inability to beat the first man with a cross. His pace can get him out of trouble occasionally but poor crosses find him mostly out of position 

Then the other team drop the ball in the space where Tav should have been and we are in trouble.

I really don't get the hassle Jack gets on here . Yes his temperament has to improve , though if you look at his stats with the sheep it's not too bad . 

Football wise , we have to remember he's not a defender , rather he's there to protect the back four while also help our forwards . I honestly think he's doing fine , rarely wastes a pass , supports the attack and helps out in the defence side of things . 

Maybe he'll be the kind of player that people will appreciate more as time goes on . 

19 hours ago, PRW. said:

God knows because we are far stronger defensively down the right side with Tav & Candeias than we are Wallace/John & Windass. 

Think this is quickly becoming a bit of a myth

All down to candeias workrate in covering for a defensively poor full back behind him

9 hours ago, gmcf said:

I really don't get the hassle Jack gets on here . Yes his temperament has to improve , though if you look at his stats with the sheep it's not too bad . 

Football wise , we have to remember he's not a defender , rather he's there to protect the back four while also help our forwards . I honestly think he's doing fine , rarely wastes a pass , supports the attack and helps out in the defence side of things . 

Maybe he'll be the kind of player that people will appreciate more as time goes on . 

The criticism reminds me of hemdani then edu

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

All down to candeias workrate in covering for a defensively poor full back behind him

Called working as a team. Shock horror Tav’s defensive side improves when he has a player infront of him willing to help and cover him when he is attacking.

Thats what intelligent players do. 

When Tavernier is 1v1 with a winger he wins that battle most times. 

4 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Called working as a team. Shock horror Tav’s defensive side improves when he has a player infront of him willing to help and cover him when he is attacking.

Thats what intelligent players do. 

When Tavernier is 1v1 with a winger he wins that battle most times. 

Kinda pointless having an attacking player defending and a defending player attacking, the great Rangers fullbacks down the years were defensively solid and put defending before attacking, tav thinks he's a winger 

11 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Kinda pointless having an attacking player defending and a defending player attacking, the great Rangers fullbacks down the years were defensively solid and put defending before attacking, tav thinks he's a winger 

Football has changed. 

Most of the best full backs in the world are better at attacking than defending these days. Alves, Aurier, Walker, Sandro, Alaba etc

Has Tav not got the highest assist rate in the league this season? His crossing at times has been superb.

I think he is fine in a 1 on 1 duel but it's his woeful lack of awareness and positional sense that we continue to be punished by, his concentration levels need to be so much better too which goes hand in hand with his other flaws.

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

Has Tav not got the highest assist rate in the league this season? His crossing at times has been superb.

I think he is fine in a 1 on 1 duel but it's his woeful lack of awareness and positional sense that we continue to be punished by, his concentration levels need to be so much better too which goes hand in hand with his other flaws.

Fair but spot on imo 

Archived