We aren’t fit enough

Deanzmeanzheinz

In recent weeks MacLeish said it, Rodgers said it and Robinson also said it. They are fitter than us. And tonight with 15mins to go we are wilting. It’s happening in front of our eyes. 

We are also shite to boot - Pedro, get your lawnmower out ya useless  cunt  

Jock Wallace would be turning in his grave. 

20 minutes ago, MarzM said:

15 minutes to go? Whit game you watchin? We we're knackered 15 minutes into the second half! I can't believe i'm agreeing with O'Halloran. Our fitness is shite!

Yeh, it was me that saw MOH doing shuttle runs on a treadmill every day late in the afternoon at my local gym. 

He doesnt go anymore. Gets his fitness at Perth 

4 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Yeh, it was me that saw MOH doing shuttle runs on a treadmill every day late in the afternoon at my local gym. 

He doesnt go anymore. Gets his fitness at Perth 

Would you drive every day from Bishopbriggs to Perth to spend a late afternoon in the gym?

1 minute ago, NornIronBear said:

Our temperament as well. Alves lost the plot against Motherwell at Hampden. 

He'll be lucky to finish the first half at Parkhead. There is no leader on the park, nobody grabbing the players or the game by the scruff. 

Alves will be injured the week before that game............

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

Yup. Read it again. 

You don’t see MOH in the gym anymore cos he’s moved to Perth?

Is that it? 

No mate, he gets all his required fitness training with St Johnstone. No need for him go to the gym now. 

8 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Our inability to play a second half is now becoming too noticeable.

been saying that for weeks we always fall out of a game in the 2nd half someone gave a stat on the radio the other day listing the goals we have lost  between the 46 and 68 mins nearly every  game   before anyone jumps on me i know we scored 2 in extra time v thistle                                           r

12 minutes ago, NornIronBear said:

Our temperament as well. Alves lost the plot against Motherwell at Hampden. 

He'll be lucky to finish the first half at Parkhead. There is no leader on the park, nobody grabbing the players or the game by the scruff. 

Temperament - spot on.

Includes the mentality of shutting up shop 15 mins from time, sat on a 1-0 lead at home.

Then - you get the opportunity to clinch it completely out of the blue.

Then - you contrive to have one of your own players sent off - when’s it’s given in OUR favour.

Then - you manage to miss said gift.

Then - man down maybe, but you allow them to construct a decent move, with no resistance and let them finish for once!

How many times can a team shoot itself in the foot in such a short space of time?

18 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

No mate, he gets all his required fitness training with St Johnstone. No need for him go to the gym now. 

But he might go to a gym in Perth? Just because he’s not going to your gym doesn’t mean he’s still not spending afternoons doing spandex jumps in another gym. 

Pendantic as fuck me btw

6 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

But he might go to a gym in Perth? Just because he’s not going to your gym doesn’t mean he’s still not spending afternoons doing spandex jumps in another gym. 

Pendantic as fuck me btw

Away and annoy someone else mate 

Pedro has said it on a number of occasions that he prefers to concentrate on the tactical side of the game than the physical. You just need to look at our players to realise they aren’t fit enough. Compare them to celtic players and they are all fitter and stronger than ours. Being fitter won’t guarantee us any trophies or titles but it would definitely improve us greatly. 

2 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Not succeeding either way, is he?

Replying to Cobham

He’s not succeeding, but he isn’t doing himself any favours. I want him to succeed, I love his passion and genuinely believe he cares but being less fit than the rest of the league gives us a mountain (that we don’t need) to climb!