Pedro Caixinha Sacked

Leeds_Bear

1 minute ago, buster. said:

I reckon 'they'll' already have been making some enquires in the last couple of weeks. 

Will be interesting to see if the DoF gets much of a voice given circumstances.

I hope they have been doing some sounding out and groundwork over the last few weeks because although Murty deserves credit yet again for stepping into the hot seat he needed help from within Ibrox just to get by as this job was (and still is) miles and miles outside his managerial skillset and experience.   Time is of the essence.   Another nonsense selection process taking forever to appoint a manager is not where we need to be if the Board still has serious aims of having the sort of successful season they had in mind when they appointed Pedro.   

Surely the DoF will have a leading role in deciding on the approach to replacing the manager and in the process for the urgent appointment of a manager and backroom staff.    This is crisis time yet again and the Board had better be up to the task of managing it properly this time.   An AGM is just around the corner and I'm sure they'd want to have had a manager appointed and results improving well before then. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really wanted Pedro to succeed, he had the passion and seemed to get what a big club this is and respected the fans. However his record was terrible, far too many humiliations that wouldn't be acceptable at any point let alone in such a short space of time so was the correct decision to get rid. 

Now time for king to spend some money and get big Sam in to sort this mess out!

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Is JJ still in his job

A good question.   I don't know.  The Club Statement wishes Pedto and his backroom staff well for the future.  This implies to me that all his backroom appointments are released and that would include JJ since Pedro selected him.   Pity the Club could not have been clearer about exactly who has gone and who remains.  It is unfortunately typical.

Pedro had to go after some terrible results over the last 6 months, but I wish him well, he seemed a decent man and he did not employ himself as our manager. No doubt the fuckers who did employ him will be keeping their positions on the board. 

The next appointment needs to be someone with a background of winning games and that will not come cheap, do I have any confidence the clowns who employed Pedro will manage that, no not really. :headwall:

28 minutes ago, kenny6131 said:

In 12 months time we will be here in the exact same position unless king gives the new manager money to spend. 

He also needs to go big on the next appointment, people mentioning mcinnes,allardyce etc nah to catch the filth we need a top top manager with proven cv of winning titles.

Judging from the club statement - he thinks he has

19 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

I hope they have been doing some sounding out and groundwork over the last few weeks because although Murty deserves credit yet again for stepping into the hot seat he needed help from within Ibrox just to get by as this job was (and still is) miles and miles outside his managerial skillset and experience.   Time is of the essence.   Another nonsense selection process taking forever to appoint a manager is not where we need to be if the Board still has serious aims of having the sort of successful season they had in mind when they appointed Pedro.   

Surely the DoF will have a leading role in deciding on the approach to replacing the manager and in the process for the urgent appointment of a manager and backroom staff.    This is crisis time yet again and the Board had better be up to the task of managing it properly this time.   An AGM is just around the corner and I'm sure they'd want to have had a manager appointed and results improving well before then. 

To put it bluntly, the club has again become a bit of an omnishambles that seems to go from the rough on one side of the fairway to a deep bunker on the other. The obvious limitation is a lack of finance but I think we need to go steady rather than sexy at this moment in time.

I reckon what the DoF might put forward may not be what most of the board want to hear BUT that is only a hunch.

I'd agree that the board will see the AGM and bear that in mind, as they will next ST renewal dates.

Big decision and one that has to find someone who can bring a light but diverse squad together to unite for the cause.

1 minute ago, OneDavidCooper said:

That occurred to me as well. PV doing well at NYCFC but intimating he wishes to take a step up.

Maybe get the boy Foden on loan as well? That would be a big ask though and may not want to expose him to the thugs masquerading as players up here.

I can't see it myself but would be interesting. Difficult to see who could make a real difference who isnt employed already. I'd look at Michael Appleton as an assistant though. Decent record for a young manager/assistant.

It will be interesting to see what road the board go down with a new manager.

Pedro failed but we cannot afford another failure to replace him.

For the football club to move forward we need someone with a good CV who will be able able to get the very best out of this squad of players until January and beyond.

Very disappointed that things didn’t work out for Pedro. I really liked the guy, but the results don’t lie. The machinations of some players didn’t help either. They should be ashamed.

Perhaps Pedro can do us one last turn and go on BT sports and punch Sutton in the face.

22 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

I'm sure when we were after the boy from Southampton it was mentioned how they keep a database of managers aswell as players. 

Whether he's had enough time to gather all this I very much doubt it. 

Yes i remember that being spoke about at the time, made it stranger that we appointed a manager first.

15 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

Patrick Viera??:whistle:

Hope to fuck he still has his boots.

20 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

no matter - we have been unstable for far too long - 3 permanent and 3 temp managers in 6 years is horrible. This will be no7. we need a different approach to what our board thinks is a good way to go about bringing success to this club, we can't keep doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome. It's all shortermism..... fucking horrible

I agree we’ve not been stable enough but that’s not a reason to keep a manager on who wasn’t producing results and showing no sign of that changing.

So it is de ja vu here in that the next appointment is critical, spend more on a proven manager to avoid the cost of sacking them in X months time and doing it all over again.

Just now, NeoGeo7 said:

I agree we’ve not been stable enough but that’s not a reason to keep a manager on who wasn’t producing results and showing no sign of that changing.

So it is de ja vu here in that the next appointment is critical, spend more on a proven manager to avoid the cost of sacking them in X months time and doing it all over again.

how often have we said that? every time this happens - the same thing is trotted out "next appointment is critical"... we will be saying that until we are blue in the face over and over and over a fucking gain.. we need a different approach as this approach is clearly not working

32 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

That second one is not unfair at all - managers responsibility he fucked it but the likes of Tav, Windass, Jack, Pena need to take a good look at themselves 

I agree pena, Windass - but i would include Miller - maybe even Wallace rather than Jack and Tav. I think some of the more stablished names have some explaining to do.

Archived