Pedro Caixinha Sacked

Leeds_Bear

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, OneDavidCooper said:

Wilder would not leave Sheffield United.

Our new manager will be someone who is not currently in a job. Like I said last February, head hunting is not the answer. Invite applications and take it from there. Always some surprise names crop up.

I agree with this too. Though I'd like to think we'd at least enquire about McInnes. I'm not sold on him, but I'm not sold on anybody.

Think that's the issue. The board and us fans were sold by Pedro. Pedro sold himself and made himself seem an attractive option. He obviously interviewed well and we got invested into his vision.

Think this time round, we will also need to just wait to be invested, as I highly doubt the next Rangers manager will excite many of us.

Just now, Smile said:

Great away record but awful home record sealed his fate, plus he seems to have fell out with half the Squad.

I think a lot of that came down to bitterness from players who were deemed surplus to requirements. Not to mention we live in a country where the media can't wait to stick the knife in to us, any mole hill will be made in to a mountain when it comes to Rangers

Definitely agree with you on the home record though. And the big games. He should have went after Progres.

2 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

I know myself how much of a long shot it is - but my number one choice would be Van Bronckhorst, has worked wonders at Feyenoord, just can't see him wanting to leave there just yet.

His feyenoord side seem.to.have hit the skids recently mate 

Just now, Gaz52 said:

I think a lot of that came down to bitterness from players who were deemed surplus to requirements. Not to mention we live in a country where the media can't wait to stick the knife in to us, any mole hill will be made in to a mountain when it comes to Rangers

Definitely agree with you on the home record though. And the big games. He should have went after Progres.

It's weird as Warburton had a great Home Record but was piss poor away Pedro turned around the away record but had too many losses at home.

Just now, Rfc52 said:

Aye they seem to have hit a poor patch, mate, suppose we'll see what he's all about now the pressure is properly on him to turn it round. A potential Rangers manager in my eyes, always liked big Gio. Probably not his time just now though.

27 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

I thought you were referring specifically to McLeish. I think I'd rather have Murty 

Agreed on McLeish.

There is a reason he has been out of work since being sacked by an Egyptian team inside 4 months back in May 2016.

# yesterdays man

6 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Champions League effect. Also, they won the league last season and are probably suffering a reaction because teams raise their game against the champs.  I saw their defeat v NAC Breda and they were awful but it came not long after a hammering from Manchester City in the Champs League

Great News.

Wish the guy luck, he took on a job way too big for him, nothing in his record suggested he was going to succeed, another massive fuck up by the board. 

On the plus side I think our squad is better than last season, with the right man and getting a few in Jan we should be far more competitive than our current showing.

We need a manager who knows the Scottish game and has a decent record with mediocre players. McInnes for me.

We "need" a serious, proven manager. What we will get is anyone's guess.

Sad to say but any and all optimism I've had for Rangers over the years has just been totally fucking drained. Even if we get someone decent they'll probably have to work on less funds than pedro even had. I don't hold any hate for him, it's not his fault he got the job! He should have never been anywhere near it, a risk we couldn't afford to take. From top to bottom we are just not good enough, and our brand is toxic. No one wants to get involved because of the people running us. It's just so hard to see any ray of light in all this.

Dreamers choice?? Hiddink, Van Bronkhorst, Pardew, Walter...

We're in a position where our managerial job could make or break your career. If you come and overturn the gap between the taigs you will have premiership eyes on you, if not then you'll be seen as a failure and chased. There's no middle ground.

It just depends how ambitious you are, if you want to take that chance. 

1 hour ago, Smile said:

It's weird as Warburton had a great Home Record but was piss poor away Pedro turned around the away record but had too many losses at home.

It's a pity they couldn't have job shared...

8 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

We're in a position where our managerial job could make or break your career. If you come and overturn the gap between the tags you will have premiership eyes on you, if not then you'll be seen as a failure and chased. There's no middle ground.

It just depends how ambitious you are, if you want to take that chance. 

True. Also, though, a near the end of your career nothing to lose type of job too. 

My take on it though if trying to entice a manager to the club would be to state the positives. Massive club / fan base, only 1 team is a genuinely real threat if you get it right, European football, chance to win honours which isn't a possibility in England if you are with a club outside top 6.

Get it right here, you will be a legend and have a better CV than would otherwise have been possible.

Archived