U20's v Liverpool at Ibrox tonight

Captain Hilts

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of those scorelines which I would hope will benefit our younger players.  Getting beaten and learning from the likes of Liverpool is a lot more beneficial to us than beating the likes of Raith Rovers unders.  Hope there are highlights of it.

34 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Where Liverpool good mate?

I wasn't hugely impressed. A couple of physically imposing players and quite a bit of pace. Scoreline certainly flattered them. 

Even before the sending off Rangers were starting to move the ball quite well. 

Beerman and Jordan Thompson were extremely poor whereas I'd thought they'd be the two that stood out. Number 10 and 4 for Rangers were very good in the middle. I'd be interested to know what age they are as they seemed quite small/young but both got stuck in and could play. 

35 minutes ago, gsa said:

I wasn't hugely impressed. A couple of physically imposing players and quite a bit of pace. Scoreline certainly flattered them. 

Beerman and Jordan Thompson were extremely poor whereas I'd thought they'd be the two that stood out. Number 10 and 4 for Rangers were very good in the middle. I'd be interested to know what age they are as they seemed quite small/young but both got stuck in and could play. 

Wasn't at the game but would think that the two players are Palmer & Kelly who are both 17.

19 minutes ago, jcb said:

Wasn't at the game but would think that the two players are Palmer & Kelly who are both 17.

You obviously know about our youth players. What's your thoughts on us playing these games? I get that they are playing against better players but when you look at the PL youth set up and the players they bring in from all over the world I just wonder if it is helping our young players. In most games I imagine the other side will dominate possession In most of these games which doesn't really get these guys ready to play in our first team. Most games we play we will have possession and I feel we should be teaching our young players how to break down those defensive formations rather than being the team on the defensive.

5 hours ago, gsa said:

Our number 4 was very impressive.

He didn’t have the best of games but his positioning and awareness was excellent. He looked like a very tactically aware player for such a young age. Was intelligent with his use of the ball too. 

I thought our right back looked good too.

9 hours ago, Coplandbear11 said:

Nice words from Gerrard 

A2FE2C9A-206B-40C7-8EB2-157D9B86540E.png

When at England Gazza used to noise him up that Ibrox held more than Anfeild, that Ibrox was a better stadium and Rangers got 50,000 every second week more than Liverpool get at Anfeild, Gerrard did not believe him so Gazza got the manager to confirm it to a young Gerrard.  

But what a sight for those young Liverpool players pulling up to the main stand as there are not many left if any like Ibrox main stand.  

I wonder who Mr King was supporting ?

7 hours ago, gsa said:

1- 4 looks a bit of a beating, thanks for the little snippet of info, Beerman will never be a defender as long as he has a hole in his arse, this season will be make or break for Thompson I think it may be the latter.

2 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Our number 4 was very impressive.

He didn’t have the best of games but his positioning and awareness was excellent. He looked like a very tactically aware player for such a young age. Was intelligent with his use of the ball too. 

I thought our right back looked good too.

Our right back is usually a winger was played out of position tonight. 

Agree number 4 and 10 were the best number 10 was the best player the last game as well. They 2 have just came from the u17s this season so they are 2 of the younger ones. 

It's 100% better for the u20's than playing the crap up here. 

Oh and the referee was terrible as well no surprise.

5 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

Our right back is usually a winger was played out of position tonight. 

Agree number 4 and 10 were the best number 10 was the best player the last game as well. They 2 have just came from the u17s this season so they are 2 of the younger ones. 

It's 100% better for the u20's than playing the crap up here. 

Oh and the referee was terrible as well no surprise.

Referee was shocking.

Was it a sending off too? I nearly burnt myself with coffee just before hand so didn’t see it only the red getting his card out.

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Referee was shocking.

Was it a sending off too? I nearly burnt myself with coffee just before hand so didn’t see it only the red getting his card out.

In that sort of game there is no need for a red just ask the coach to take him off, I didn't think it was a red, Gerrard was shocked when he seen the red card.

14 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

In that sort of game there is no need for a red just ask the coach to take him off, I didn't think it was a red, Gerrard was shocked when he seen the red card.

Aye I think Beerman got booked for nothing too in the first half and the ref let them away with similar on our players.