Jason Holt

Marky.

Won’t grab too many headlines after today, but this guy played like a man possessed today. He showed the exact kind of heart and desire that we as a unit have not been showing as of late.

He was first to just about everything today and if not he put everything into getting there. Put in everything today and is taking his chance brilliantly.

Effort all across the park was outstanding too. Credit to McCrorie, Tav, Wilson, Candeias and Morelos too.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Marky. said:

Won’t grab too many headlines after today, but this guy played like a man possessed today. He showed the exact kind of heart and desire that we as a unit have not been showing as of late.

He was first to just about everything today and if not he put everything into getting there. Put in everything today and is taking his chance brilliantly.

Effort all across the park was outstanding too. Credit to McCrorie, Tav, Wilson, Candeias and Morelos too.

Andy Little on RTV would have had him as man of the match if it hadn't been for Miller's goals.

Good energy, carried the ball well, broke things up, passed well, gritty, confident, assertive. Played a very good game, and although it was against poor opposition he deserves a lot of praise considering that he's had very little game time.

Needs to play like that more often.

12 minutes ago, Marky. said:

I have to agree m8 his work rate was phenomenal plus I thought he brought an element and calm to the midfield, I also thought miller was superb, miller certainly helped the midfield out today on many of an occasion, today it worked cause he combined it with match winning goals also

6 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

Heartz will be thinking he was best midfielder on the park which is not bad for a "lightweight ".

Looked like he had something to prove to everyone. Battled hard today and has stepped it up a level.

the wee man was full of running and in their faces constanly.  Miller obviously getting most of the credit for the goals, but Holt showed tremendous attitude and application,  and i think it tends to rub off on other players too.

Great reaction by the team after a hugely disappointing week.

10 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

He won't get us to 55 but you cannot fault his energy and work rate. Still frustrates me that he takes about 50 strides to run 10m.  Played very well and deserves to retain his place in the team. 

I don't think we can really blame him for the length of his legs!!

I got slated ages ago for saying he should start. Where are all those folk now

When your struggling you want folk that give their all. He does that.

Good enough long term to start, no, but right now yes. Always a good player to have in the squad.