Think he'll probably stay on til the end of the season now. Wouldn't be my choice but at least he's had a good couple of results.

Can't forget the pish ones though and he just seems like a nice guy that's out his depth to me.

The Dundee game was embarrassing and there were a few last season under him too.

All in all an utter shambles from the board that it's come to this.

Love that man.

4 hours ago, Essandoh said:

Naw naw naw naw naw.

Naw naw naw naw naw.

Naw naw naw naw naw.

this is total bull shit ! king and this board have to sort this out now . as we are becoming an absolute fkn joke of a club.SORT IT OUT NOW

Whatever this incompetent shower of a board eventually decide in getting a permanent manager its a good job Murty still has a willingness to stick with the interim role until at least the end of the year.    Fuck knows who would be picking the team if Murty wasn't there.  The DOF I suppose (don't all laugh at once).

The decision to appoint Murty until at least the end of the year pretty much gives Murty a bullet-proof position.    Accepting he takes the front page hits if results go well, badly or indifferently everyone knows he's just the good guy who has picked up the baton and ran with it while the shower of incompetents above him fuck about and take forever to do so.   Any blame - if there is to be blame - should not be dished out in any large measure towards Murty.   He's bullet proof now and can manage the team accordingly and with a confidence that he might not otherwise have.    In a sort of football no mans land with incompetents behind him, hostile media in front of him, and shells of speculation landing all round him......but untouchable for all that.  

I hope he can induce a sort of 'fuck it lets give the best shot we've got' mentality and performance into the team and not be affected by the shambles the board are making of things.   The Rangers on the pitch separated from the posers that are Rangers on the board.    Hope the Support get right behind him and the team while he is in charge........and at the same time let the board know exactly what their status is for making such a fuck up of selecting a manager.

I wish Murty every success and every bit of good luck while he continues in his interim role.  

2 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Murty goes on a mental winning run and beats celtic, then gets appointed permanently and leads us to 55

Murtymania lives on

Sounds like some cheesey hollywood sports film.

Denzel play Murty.

2 minutes ago, lidorfc said:

Sounds like some cheesey hollywood sports film.

Denzel play Murty.

Carlos Pena to be played by Benicio Del Toro, Kenny Miller to be played by Kirk Douglas and Daniel Day-Lewis as Wee Jay

1 minute ago, eskbankloyal said:

Would assume it’s his job to lose now 

I’ll await to be amazed, I imagine it could be a case of win some, lose some.

1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I’ll await to be amazed, I imagine it could be a case of win some, lose some.

Agreed. Feel sorry for him

I Feel sorry for the poor cunt :lol: 

Still, I'd rather Murty than anyone else at the minute. Shame I can't make Saturday but hope he gets a rousing applause as he deserves it. Only one doing his job round Ibrox at the minute 

How many matches has he had this time? 6? Does that mean the bookies will end up paying out on him if he goes until the start of January?

2 hours ago, Bronzy said:

Murty goes on a mental winning run and beats celtic, then gets appointed permanently and leads us to 55

Murtymania lives on

If that happens watch the Kelly’s in our boardroom put him back in charge of the kids and appoint Billy Davies to carry on his good work or something 

17 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

If that happens watch the Kelly’s in our boardroom put him back in charge of the kids and appoint Billy Davies to carry on his good work or something 

Nah they'd make Ally McCoist and Jimmy Bell co-managers and make Murty the new kitman

8 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

Would assume it’s his job to lose now 

I think that could very well be the case.   

From afar and on the outside of whatever decision making process is going on at Rangers what has happened and continues to happen in this wretched saga of sacking a manager and then taking an age to find a replacement only to be rebuffed, seems to me to be symptomatic of a board in utter chaos.  Utterly lacking in clear, decisive leadership and certainly at the shitty end of the coo's tail when it comes to getting anything constructive done in any sort of purposeful timescale.    

Conveniently for the board their shambolic efforts put Murty in the position to make the job his own, and to do so from a bullet-proof position of being free from any meaningful criticism since he is the good guy who has picked up the thorny baton and is running with it and presenting the Rangers face to the public, the media and the Support when his seniors are all hiding beneath their desks playing at recruitment shops.

I wish Murty and the teams he puts out for matches every success.    The board however should, imo, hear and see the wrath of the Support for the shambles they are overseeing. 

7 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

How many matches has he had this time? 6? Does that mean the bookies will end up paying out on him if he goes until the start of January?

After 10 games the bookies deem the man in charge as 'permanent' and pay out.

I really like Murty but he's not the answer but in my.opinion neither was McInnes 

Hate to say but you wouldn't be surprised if we go and make an arse of it against Ross County and Hibs. This time next week everyone will be going absolutely tonto and the board will rush into a Billy Davies or McLeish appointment to 'steady the ship'.

I love Murty but I can't forget some of the shambolic performances Dundee x2, Hamilton etc. He done great getting 6 points last week but he should have been allowed to bow out on that massive high. I just fear he's being hung out to dry a bit here.

My only worry with Murty is he has been working towards a time where a new man comes in. Its now wether he can get his shit together and get prepared for yet another stint with no direction coming from the board.

Murty will be fine until he loses a game and we will all just say its because he is an U20's coach and doesnt have a clue. Also if it does start to go wrong with a few bad results will the players still react to him or will they see him as an U20's coach out his depth and switch off.

I hope he does well but i just cant see it, there is no good luck attached with Rangers these days and anything that can turn to shit seems to do so. While DMc wasnt a world beater i was glad we were finally getting a permanent manager in. 

Hope Murty does us a turn because he has proved to us that the team can turn up and perform when they want to.

Likeable guy, hung out to dry by the morons on our board.

suspect he’ll be manager until end of season now so  good luck to him.

Feel sorry for Murty. Yet again due to another fuck up by the board he will once more be thrown under the bus today.

Whilst these incompetent brogues hide away it will be Murty who has to face the music on camera for today's press conference. He will be bombarded with questions he simply can't or shouldn't have to answer all whilst fatboy is barking away in the background. Utter shitebags devoid of any true leadership. 

I'm sure Murty will deal with it admirably but it's just not the point. His sole focus should be on how we perform on the park but once more a further sideshow distraction makes that more difficult.

The board aching for him to string some consistent results together, to give him the job as the cheapest option possible.

Feel sorry for him because if he does well enough he will just be a patsy for the current regime.

Doesn't have the  experience or strength of character needed to revamp the club from top to bottom.

And if he has loses a few he will come under pressure, temporary manager or not. 

Lets get behind him anyway as he's conducted himself so well during this whole debacle.

Murty will fail drastically. All the "best of luck; MURTY'S THE MAN; the new Pep" posters will vanish within 1month.