The more time elapses without a manager being appointed then perhaps speculation turns back a bit to Murty?    

This is just a theory, speculation for speculations sake.

Suppose the Board takes its time to appoint a manager as the DOF has said it would (due diligence and all that guff) and Murty - or do we now call him Murts as per the Club website articles - manages to produce 5 wins in the next 5 games (Partick, Hamilton, Dundee, and Aberdeen twice), that could I suppose make it quite a difficult decision for the Board to then replace him.    Can't think of the last time we'd have been on a winning run of 6 games (including the Hearts game last week) and it'd be ironic if they ditched Murts if he was able to deliver that sort of winning form.     A Murts and JJ pairing might then become quite established and harder then for a Board to replace a winning manager & asst. 

The longer they stick with Murts, and the more Murts manages to lead the team to wins, he more he strengthens his credentials and correspondingly makes it harder for the Board to replace him. 

Just a theory.    Because if they were really intent of getting DM out of Aberdeen I think they should have done so by now........there has been more than plenty of time to make an approach and to negotiate a deal.......and its not happened yet and (it seems) not even any reports of an approach made to Aberdeen

On 28/10/2017 at 15:01, loyalfollower said:

Really hard to say.  Now this is a question for much older bears than my modest 33 but what previous success or experience did davie white,jock Wallace,Graeme souness,Walter Smith or Scot symon have?  I only know that they were Rangers managers but know nothing before that.  We’re theygood or bad?   Appointing murty if he even wanted it could end up like a nightmare or not.

other than the obvious candidates I see us not improving that much and if murty can bring a stability and togetherness coupled with a good run then we’d might aswell save the cash and stick with him.  All hypothetical of course as we beat a truly awful hearts team which are worse than I thought they were.  I’m not going to write off a guy who has seen why warburton failed and then why pedro has failed.  Aslong  as there’s no more headstands 

Might be wrong but I’m pretty sure only le guen,wee dick and Pedro are the only managers to have won a trophy before managing us

maybe one more of the pre 70s mangers night have won one but can’t be sure

In recent times  ex-players who became involved in the management process for us have been piss poor.

On 29/10/2017 at 08:24, Sweetheart said:

I think the board should bite the bullet and pay for the expertise of Sir Alex Ferguson on a one year contract to set up a winning team and help in the search for a permenant manage. We can't keep bouncing from one manager to another. The club is getting a name for itself in the press for hanging managers out to dry

Should sign Ronaldo while we’re at it. 

Murtys my new favourite for it. Not to be confused with who I want, I mean I think he'll be offered it. 

Murtys a good stand in guy, nothing more. I like the guy, but I hope to fuck he's not our manager on a fulltime basis. Sign Deek Mciness up!

Murty's much more of a risk than DM 😩

No chance surely

1 minute ago, chris182 said:

Murty's much more of a risk than DM 😩

No chance surely

Nail on the head mate, Dmc has Spl experience, Murty, for the good lad that he his, doesn't. 

7 hours ago, bluenose_n1 said:

Might be wrong but I’m pretty sure only le guen,wee dick and Pedro are the only managers to have won a trophy before managing us

maybe one more of the pre 70s mangers night have won one but can’t be sure

Willie Waddell is the only one I can think of off the top of my head 

7 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

The more time elapses without a manager being appointed then perhaps speculation turns back a bit to Murty?    

This is just a theory, speculation for speculations sake.

Suppose the Board takes its time to appoint a manager as the DOF has said it would (due diligence and all that guff) and Murty - or do we now call him Murts as per the Club website articles - manages to produce 5 wins in the next 5 games (Partick, Hamilton, Dundee, and Aberdeen twice), that could I suppose make it quite a difficult decision for the Board to then replace him.    Can't think of the last time we'd have been on a winning run of 6 games (including the Hearts game last week) and it'd be ironic if they ditched Murts if he was able to deliver that sort of winning form.     A Murts and JJ pairing might then become quite established and harder then for a Board to replace a winning manager & asst. 

The longer they stick with Murts, and the more Murts manages to lead the team to wins, he more he strengthens his credentials and correspondingly makes it harder for the Board to replace him. 

Just a theory.    Because if they were really intent of getting DM out of Aberdeen I think they should have done so by now........there has been more than plenty of time to make an approach and to negotiate a deal.......and its not happened yet and (it seems) not even any reports of an approach made to Aberdeen

Does anyone know if Murty wants the job though?

If he was battering down the chairman's door to get into the office (and then talk to him on Facetime) would King be able to say to him, "No not just now"?

The guy has credibility and ability... Wonder if it's just that Murty himself thinks it's a bit too soon.

Comparing Graeme Murty to previous managers that had no real experience before managing us is stupid. Football has changed and we don't have the money or ability to sign top quality players the way we used to, so we rely on contacts. I seriously doubt Murty has contacts good enough to knock Brendan Rodgers off his perch.

I like him but if he becomes our next manager then we're fucked. Some of the support need to catch a fucking hold of themselves 

On 29 October 2017 at 08:24, Sweetheart said:

I think the board should bite the bullet and pay for the expertise of Sir Alex Ferguson on a one year contract to set up a winning team and help in the search for a permenant manage. We can't keep bouncing from one manager to another. The club is getting a name for itself in the press for hanging managers out to dry

You're a retard

if murty wins the next 2 games then i think he should be offered the job; you can only judge a person on their record; mcinnes may or may  not be better but the 1 million compo to the sheep is too much money; i say let the process continue for another few weeks and if murty's record speaks for itself give him the job, its better than wasting money on manager who may or may not do a better job 

We could do a lot worse than to stick with Murty till the end of the season and wait for a quality option to appear. If we dont get McInness or MP'H all other options at the moment are absolute dogshit. 

Don't see any harm in giving him to January to see where we are. Uncertain if he is cut out to be the manager certainly wouldn't be rushing to shell out £800k for McInnes.

2 minutes ago, ciderman said:

Don't see any harm in giving him to January to see where we are. Uncertain if he is cut out to be the manager certainly wouldn't be rushing to shell out £800k for McInnes.

not a bad tactic at all mcinnes is over priced at the moment

9 minutes ago, hugonot said:

if murty wins the next 2 games then i think he should be offered the job; you can only judge a person on their record; mcinnes may or may  not be better but the 1 million compo to the sheep is too much money; i say let the process continue for another few weeks and if murty's record speaks for itself give him the job, its better than wasting money on manager who may or may not do a better job 

After the shambles of the past 3 appointments you want to offer the job, longterm, to a man because he's won four games in a row? 

This place is mental some times.

On 28/10/2017 at 14:28, KeyserSoze said:

Miller and Murty?

or not?

No for me we need an experienced man we will all be on Murtys back first loss he has.

Murty may get us winning 3 games on the bounce, if we haven't appointed our new manager by then. Murty is a good guy, but we need someone with more experience and quality to really challenge. Having said that, he could improve and maybe become a manager later on, if that's what he wants.

A few losses and Murty would cave in under the pressure. MW and PC lost it after a bad run. You could see it in their eyes and the media knew they had them over a barrel. Game was up.

Miller could be an interesting choice. His agent Dave Baldwin would make great DOF as I've heard he has a v.good eye for a player. He apparently doesn't rate Miller highly as player anymore but I think Miller could do player manager role. He's mentally very tough.

If Murty has applied for the job then black mark against him  today for allowing Miller a free rein then having him in midfield for 2nd half while having Windass upfront. A decent team would have hammered us for that.

Only reason Murty is even being considered to get kept on by the support is this idiotic British criteria.

All the managers mentioned are absolute pony therefore Murts looks a decent option.

Choice of Pardew/Mclaren/Neil or Murty? Murty

Choice of Preud’homme or Murty? Not even a 2nd thought. 

I never even considered Murty for the job but, but, but I have to admit the players seem to have responded to him, there seems to be an extra edge to their game since he took over, an energy if you like, the way they hunt in packs to regain possession, you can feel it, sense it even if you're not at the game. I was watching at work today.  my pick from the names supposedly interested was Preud'Homme but if the team keep winning under Murty then who knows ?  Is he a bigger gamble than the other names put forward ?  He's a Rangers man, knows what the club is all about, so ticks those boxes, inexperienced at the top level, yes, but the same can be said about Derek McInnes.   How about Preud'Homme with Murty as assistant ?