People say we can't afford to gamble this time round.  I say we can't afford not to gamble.  The difference between 2nd and 3rd is negligible. The difference between 1st and 2nd is everything.  I am not interested in a solid manager that will guarantee 2nd for the next 4 years and hand over 10IAR. I would rather take a couple of gambles and find a star.  Murty could be one such star. Take our time appointing a new man and see how he does.

MA and the scouting network should be identifying players for Jan, so contacts are not as important. It is a first team coach that should be needed. 

Well, MA certainly can't find decent managers with McLaren his recommendation.

After those set of accounts, I doubt we will br having in anyone in January.

Whatever happens he needs to be given a first team coaching role.

Honestly Murty for me. 

Mcinnes is fans favourite because he played for us. 

Foreign managers are frowned upon for obvious reasons. 

If Murty beats Hamilton he's already better than Pedro. He knows what he's doing. 

If it fails then it fails. 

If mcinnes fails then look at this

"tarriers are another step closer but we as a board appointed the consensus and it failed thus the heat isn't on us. The gravy train from the gullible loyal rolls on. 

Yours dave king"

My problem would be if it didn't work for murty and he was sacked we'd lose a fantastic coach for the kids .

Best let him go back to the U20s to continue what he's doing there 

33 minutes ago, Bluenose1986 said:

Honestly Murty for me. 

Mcinnes is fans favourite because he played for us. 

Foreign managers are frowned upon for obvious reasons. 

Mug Murty beats Hamilton he's already better than Pedro. He knows what he's doing. 

If it fails then it fails. 

If mcinnes fails then look at this

"tarriers are another step closer but we as a board appointed the consensus and it failed thus the heat isn't on us. The gravy train from the gullible loyal rolls on. 

Yours dave king"

So you want us to appoint Murty so that he fails and the fans turn on the board.

Promote from within. He is a low cost, low risk stable gamble. 

Players are responding. Yeah he will lose some along the way....so would any new manager. 

Sometimes you don't need the experience, the answer may be staring you in the face. 

If it doesn't work out, we are no worse off than current times. 

Judging by the current state of financial affairs, we can not afford to get it wrong again. Employing someone new, compensation etc etc. 

Murty will give his loyal all to the club...no ego in sight! 

He's currently employed by us, if it doesn't work out then so be it. 

Hard work must be rewarded at a club like ours. That goes for the reserves, juniors etc too. 

If a brand new manager was installed pre Hearts, won 3-1 and then beat Thistle 3-0 we might be thinking he is the real deal.

To bench Alves today enhanced Murty’s chances for me , he sees what us the supporters see and bins the imposters , he trusts the only 2 Pedro signings I’d trust Candeias and the Buffalo 

Could our next manager be staring us in the face? Think about it this guy has stepped in twice now, His results first time round they where not great but there was promise and fight in the team that made us look towards the future ( which has turned out not what expected ) this time around he has a better squad and the last 2 games theres been a feel good factor around Rangers. I would take the gamble and give him a first team coaching role and let him role with being the manager until the end of the season determining on results! if he guides us to second place and closes the gap on celtic then we should give him the Job for 1 year or a rolling contract. The guys a class act and his press conferences are always spot on. Just feel as if Murty is the one we need and he would obv be the cheaper option. He knows the youth at Ibrox as well and would obv want to play them. Sorry i this is a big paragraph of shite just got in from work and i am fucking tired lol! 

Murty for me all the way.

He clearly wants to be here, stepped in last season to help then stepped back when Pedro was appointed. No huff, no fuss. Got on with his usual job then came back again when needed.

That shows grit, humility and loyalty. And character.

Serious contender, surely.

Players want him as manager apparently so could have a big say in it. Give it to him till end of the season would be the sensible option and than based on results than see about giving him another season 

11 hours ago, Blue_Devil said:

People say we can't afford to gamble this time round.  I say we can't afford not to gamble.  The difference between 2nd and 3rd is negligible. The difference between 1st and 2nd is everything.  I am not interested in a solid manager that will guarantee 2nd for the next 4 years and hand over 10IAR. I would rather take a couple of gambles and find a star.  Murty could be one such star. Take our time appointing a new man and see how he does.

MA and the scouting network should be identifying players for Jan, so contacts are not as important. It is a first team coach that should be needed. 

I think you’re seeing what you want to see with Murty.

im a fan of Murty but a better argument would be you might not see the difference between him and McInnes.

I don’t think anyone that wants McInnes would settle for 4 years runner up giving them 10 in a row literally no ones said that 

I feel if you do gamble now and it’s a backfire like Pedro then you have much more chance of handing them 10 - no brainer in fact 

Things are definitely improving under Murty 

I'd give him till the end of the season.

8 hours ago, Cedrick said:

To bench Alves today enhanced Murty’s chances for me , he sees what us the supporters see and bins the imposters , he trusts the only 2 Pedro signings I’d trust Candeias and the Buffalo 

Declan John and Ryan Jack don't like this!

i like Murty - I think whomever we hire, even if experienced, is a gamble so I'd happily give Murty a shot - but the test of a real manager is not when winning but how they change things when we go through a bad patch 

46 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I think you’re seeing what you want to see with Murty.

im a fan of Murty but a better argument would be you might not see the difference between him and McInnes.

I don’t think anyone that wants McInnes would settle for 4 years runner up giving them 10 in a row literally no ones said that 

I feel if you do gamble now and it’s a backfire like Pedro then you have much more chance of handing them 10 - no brainer in fact 

I just think that a lot of the names mentioned are good, solid, reliable managers (Pardew, Moyes, McInnes).  If you go with that type then you will generally finish in line with the resources you have available.  I can see all 3 finishing comfortably 2nd, I am not sure I can see them overturning celtic.

I am not saying Murty has that spark but we know the others do not. They are known-knowns. Murty is an known unknown.  Let's take our time and see how he does as interim manager.  We don't have to worry about wasting the Jan transfer window, the new structure should take care of that.

Done well on an interim basis and clearly liked by the players but to suggest he is our long term appointment is madness. 

Are we really going to give a youth coach his first senior managerial role?

Are we comfortable with giving him a transfer budget to have us pushing them and progressing further in Europe?

What experience does he have of that? 

I still would never consider Murty for the manager a likable guy but we need a Proven Manager with a good CV to take us forward Murty's first loss and the knives would be out.

He's been a Credit to us and himself so far.

McInnes has been odds on with the bookies all week and is still with all but one, you can get 6/4 with betvictor  which is a bit of a swing, Murty is 7/2 with most.

5 minutes ago, The Wire said:

Done well on an interim basis and clearly liked by the players but to suggest he is our long term appointment is madness. 

Are we really going to give a youth coach his first senior managerial role?

Are we comfortable with giving him a transfer budget to have us pushing them and progressing further in Europe?

What experience does he have of that? 

I think mark Allen will be identifying players going forward along with his new scouting set up. New manager would be effectively a head coach I'm guessing and murty is a very good coach based on the evidence so far. Could work out with him in charge but all depends on who else we can get in. Would mcciness really do a better job? I think until we have a few bad results under murty the question of why not will always be valid. Let's see if he can put a winning run together 

Don't care as long as we keep winning. I wouldn't mind if murty knew he wasn't in for long but the board told him he's in until he loses then they will finalise any deal that's in for his replacement. Would love to go on a mad run of form and it to develop in to some sort of upbeat good news story for a change. Highly doubtful obviously think he'll only get one more then step aside. 

Got to give him the 3rd game though surely?

I love Murty. I'd rather he stayed at the club though. He's doing good work with the development squad. If he got the jon he could be away from the club next season. I'd rather we brought someone else in. 

Yes we won 3-0 but for me there are huge question marks from that game and a lot centre round murty .

Why keep Miller on?

is hardie really a better option than Herrera,given Morelos isn't going to be the 30 goal striker we hoped? I've actually not seen hardie do one thing of note in his brief appearances 

Are both Herrera and Pena really so far out they can't make the bench? Is this a result of the Miller situation? Because miller obviously blanked Herrera after he scored last week... and Pena plays in his position...

is this team that's currently sitting fourth so full of itself it thinks it can not turn up after being gifted a 3rd goal and completely down tools for the best part of 45 mins?

It would be a big gamble to appoint him as full time manager based on a few decent results, but at the same time his lack of experience shouldn't rule him out completely.  

Souness and Smith came into the jobs with no experience as first team manager yet still brought success to the club.

If he's still in charge after the double header with Aberdeen and still winning I can see him becoming more of a realistic option and one that will have the fans backing.