There's a lot of goodwill directed toward Murty, he speaks so highly of the club and you can tell he works his socks off in the role he's in but I think we need to be realistic about him, he gets a good pat on the head because he sets us up well at the piggery and we salvaged a draw, these two games we've played under him this time have saw us beat an absolutely shite Hearts team away from home, our form away from home this season has been first class so I wouldn't say it was unexpected, the win against Thistle was good but again we should always be looking to beat Thistle, even last season we took 12 points out of 12 against them.

I appreciate how he seems to have unified the squad but the real test will come when we don't win, the squad have got a bounce and with a couple of comfortable fixtures has allowed Murty to buy the board a bit of time but if we pass up the opportunity to appoint a new manager I fear we're just one bad result away from hitting the front door again, particularly if its against a Derek McInnes led sheep team.

3 hours ago, Gustav said:

Windass and Miller have a combined 4 goals in the last 2 and Hardie is absolutely on fire for the youths this season...

They’re still shite. Let’s look at their stats for the entire season so far. Think Miller has 4 or 5 at best, and Windass would still be on 2. 

And Hardie has offered nothing in his brief appearances. 

And your missing my point. Freezing a section of players out is exactly what Pedro did. Fine in the short term when everyone knows it’s temporary, but more difficult to do longer term. 

Definitely agree there’s no great rush to make the appointment , hope the board take time to make the right decision cas can not afford another mistake 👍

15 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

He got about 5 minutes Vs Thistle when the rest of the team had chucked it, not sure what you expected him to do tbh.

Just now, graeme_4 said:

They’re still shite. Let’s look at their stats for the entire season so far. Think Miller has 4 or 5 at best, and Windass would still be on 2. 

And your missing my point. Freezing a section of players out is exactly what Pedro did. Fine in the short term when everyone knows it’s temporary, but more difficult to do longer term. 

Who has he frozen out?

Asked in the P'H thread do people think that Murty seems like a good option as an assistant head coach, especially if a foreign manager comes in? Know his stuff as a coach, quite self confident and unlikely to be a yes man, and seems popular with players?

Depends on whether the new manager wants his own men in, but Murty might be a wise choice for a manager that wants both to ease the transition and to have a competent right hand man going forward.

20 hours ago, NixonRFC said:

There's a lot of goodwill directed toward Murty, he speaks so highly of the club and you can tell he works his socks off in the role he's in but I think we need to be realistic about him, he gets a good pat on the head because he sets us up well at the piggery and we salvaged a draw, these two games we've played under him this time have saw us beat an absolutely shite Hearts team away from home, our form away from home this season has been first class so I wouldn't say it was unexpected, the win against Thistle was good but again we should always be looking to beat Thistle, even last season we took 12 points out of 12 against them.

I appreciate how he seems to have unified the squad but the real test will come when we don't win, the squad have got a bounce and with a couple of comfortable fixtures has allowed Murty to buy the board a bit of time but if we pass up the opportunity to appoint a new manager I fear we're just one bad result away from hitting the front door again, particularly if its against a Derek McInnes led sheep team.

Back to back wins against the sheep and we get Graeme Murty to keep.

5 minutes ago, Falcoholic said:

Back to back wins against the sheep and we get Graeme Murty to keep.

Lose one of those games, particularly the one at Ibrox and thousands will be at the front door calling the Board all sorts for taking 6 weeks to make a decision

31 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Asked in the P'H thread do people think that Murty seems like a good option as an assistant head coach, especially if a foreign manager comes in? Know his stuff as a coach, quite self confident and unlikely to be a yes man, and seems popular with players?

Depends on whether the new manager wants his own men in, but Murty might be a wise choice for a manager that wants both to ease the transition and to have a competent right hand man going forward.

Depends, if we get another Pedro-type who is intimidated by strong characters around him then Murty will be back to the u20's.

20 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

Lose one of those games, particularly the one at Ibrox and thousands will be at the front door calling the Board all sorts for taking 6 weeks to make a decision

Rightfully so.

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Rightfully so.

I totally agree, that's why I feel sticking with him is a risk that I'm not sure is entitely necessary at this moment in time.

Seems to get lost in a lot of the threads, but there's surely no doubt players react to this guy. Knows the Club, popular with the fans, comes across as respectful and knowledgable. He IS a credit to Rangers. The fundamental question (at least in my dubious thought process) is whether he's another Eric 'steady eddie' Black or the next Walter 'be afraid' Smith? If he's even leaning toward the latter he should get the job tomorrow. 

They should always have a backup Plan in saying that as I said earlier if it is Aberdeen they will not be making things easy.

On 06/11/2017 at 18:52, graeme_4 said:

How dare you the goal machine that is Josh Windass has 3 goals to his credit this season :whistle:

Say Murty wins his next 3 games, what do you do then if you’re the board? 5 wins on the bounce isn’t to be sniffed at as it’s obvious the players are responding to him. 

If he doesn’t want the job fair enough but it’s something the board have to consider if they aren’t going to push ahead with an appointment this week. Which is why it should be done this week to stop creating a bandwagon. 

He’s riding on change being positive and the board need to realise that. 

15 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Say Murty wins his next 3 games, what do you do then if you’re the board? 5 wins on the bounce isn’t to be sniffed at as it’s obvious the players are responding to him. 

If he doesn’t want the job fair enough but it’s something the board have to consider if they aren’t going to push ahead with an appointment this week. Which is why it should be done this week to stop creating a bandwagon. 

He’s riding on change being positive and the board need to realise that. 

If he wins 5 games in a row he should get the job. Pedro couldn't do it (albeit he persisted with Pena, effectively playing each game with 10 men). He might not be a big name, or be able to attract big names (not that we can afford them) but neither can McInnes. We need to steady the ship and win some games.

Dunno how true but mate says he heard murty and Barry till end of year. No idea of authenticity. 

3 hours ago, Dan Deacon said:

Dunno how true but mate says he heard murty and Barry till end of year. No idea of authenticity. 

Hope not Dan-Fuck Barry!

37 minutes ago, LochendBilly said:

Hope not Dan-Fuck Barry!

That was my reply 

On 11/7/2017 at 21:34, Smile said:

They should always have a backup Plan in saying that as I said earlier if it is Aberdeen they will not be making things easy.

Aberdeen have no option If we match the release clause 

On 08/11/2017 at 14:15, Supercooper001 said:

If he wins 5 games in a row he should get the job. Pedro couldn't do it (albeit he persisted with Pena, effectively playing each game with 10 men). He might not be a big name, or be able to attract big names (not that we can afford them) but neither can McInnes. We need to steady the ship and win some games.

On 07/11/2017 at 21:31, Drum said:

Seems to get lost in a lot of the threads, but there's surely no doubt players react to this guy. Knows the Club, popular with the fans, comes across as respectful and knowledgable. He IS a credit to Rangers. The fundamental question (at least in my dubious thought process) is whether he's another Eric 'steady eddie' Black or the next Walter 'be afraid' Smith? If he's even leaning toward the latter he should get the job tomorrow. 

I dont want you thinking im having a go at either of you, and I'll point out I've said in other threads I think Murty will get the job, but this for me really is a measure of how far we've fallen. 

The tarriers haven't lost a league game under their current manager and are on course for 8,9&10 in a row, and some of us are putting a positive spin on the prospect of Murty becoming the next manager. 

I like Murty, he's done a good job when called upon, the players react well to him, he speaks well and he has us winning at the moment, so far against Partick Thistle at home, and away to the worst Hearts team I've seen in years. He has the makings of at some point being a good manager. But he's a youth coach ffs. If thats not gamble, and a very cheap one at that, then I dont what is. At arguably one of the most important periods in out history, we could potentially be resorting to an apprentice manager. How the fuck is that acceptable. Our board should be strung up if that turns out to be what they feel is the best choice for the club going forward. 

2 hours ago, WWTC said:

I dont want you thinking im having a go at either of you, and I'll point out I've said in other threads I think Murty will get the job, but this for me really is a measure of how far we've fallen. 

The tarriers haven't lost a league game under their current manager and are on course for 8,9&10 in a row, and some of us are putting a positive spin on the prospect of Murty becoming the next manager. 

I like Murty, he's done a good job well called upon, the players react well to him, he speaks well and he has us winning at the moment, so far against Partick Thistle at home, and away to the worst Hearts team I've seen in years. He has the makings of at some point being a good manager. But he's a youth coach ffs. If thats not gamble, and a very cheap one at that, then I dont what is. At arguably one of the most important periods in out history, we could potentially be resorting to an apprentice manager. How the fuck is that acceptable. Our board should be strung up if that turns out to be what they feel is the best choice for the club going forward. 

I agree WWTC. But we have to face facts. Experience gifts the ability to stop following a flawed strategy and take a fresh approach. The CV's of our last 2 managers boasted a millionaire stockbroker and trained bullfighter. Neither had anything like the pedigree required to manage our great Club. The (alleged) list of candidates - although probably bullshit - doesn't exactly keep me awake at night.  

Now ponder Murty's CV. Its actually very impressive & if he was working at another Club we'd be falling over ourselves to give him a go. Just saying. 

5 minutes ago, Drum said:

Now ponder Murty's CV. Its actually very impressive & if he was working at another Club we'd be falling over ourselves to give him a go. Just saying. 

Wit? 

2 minutes ago, The Wire said:

Wit? 

Internationally capped pro, coaching experience at all professional levels, has worked at 2 of the UK's best football academies, promoted everywhere he has been employed. Skillset deemed (twice) worthy of handling Rangers senior squad with credible results. 42yo. Settled in Scotland, passionate about Rangers. 

Not good enough for you?