As away days go

Dan Deacon

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

Makes no sense away from Glasgow you saw with the size of the Hearts support today Edinbugh although a nice place just isn't big enough ... the pity is that they didn't have the money to rebuild the ends properly at Hampden because it's just a waste of time if you're sitting behind the goals 

Don’t know the financials of what it costs the SFA to lease Hampden. If it makes financial sense for them to rent Murrayfield for games and just have offices in a different location. 

It was more is the stadium a good atmosphere for football, it has always looked easy enough to get to whenever I have travelled past. 

55 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

I'm sat in a hearts stronghold boozer talking about the match pragmatically. Yes ok it's not far home  ?

Likewise I’m in the prisoners across from tynecastle and they are full of praise for us and our fans 

11 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

He's telling the truth mate.

What a trip. I sat beside Broxi Bear (who has a very strong Norn Iron accent) on the plane,  we marched through the airport (with Broxi who had become mute) , had a fabulous time in a beautiful city, enjoyed a fabulous game of football beating Lyon in a previously impregnable fortress and ended up the evening in the company of a charming Madamoiselle.

42 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

The wee mans a good luck charm.

Don't know about a good luck charm but he's defo a pain in the arse.  Didnae like the noise whatsoever so had to give him my phone and headphones to YouTube videos.  Thought I was gonnae have to leave early.

still he's been to three games in his life and three wins.  Next stop the piggery. :lol: 

1 hour ago, Thermopylae said:

They were saying on radio Scotland perhaps the largest travelling support ever for a league game in European football? 

Shocking we have had more than 3x home supports added together at an away game. Could change when the play hivs there though. 

46 minutes ago, Herdwick said:

we took thirty thousand to easter road in 1975 when colin stein won us the league , the club said it was the largest ever support that we had taken outside glasgow, i was there.

Knew this couldn't be a record. Plus, his many did we take to Queen's park? Probably the highest TODAY. 

2 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

They were saying on radio Scotland perhaps the largest travelling support ever for a league game in European football? 

Didn't we take about 40000 to Queens Park a few years ago? Not forgetting we used to absolutely fill the likes of Fir Park with about 20000

Great day turning them over in their new wee patch 

bossed it in the stands and on the pitch 

to be fair to the hearts fans in the boozers there was more than one that said to me they were ant to join in the singing at our end and that the noise was something else - good on them 

1 hour ago, Jakes Pal said:

We took 20,000 to Barcelona a few years ago, 12000 to Porto, 10000 to Villareal,  God knows how many to Manchester, we probably have the best travelling support in World football. Imagine how may we would take if we were actually any good?

Over 20000 to Stadio Del Alpi as well