Murtys post match presser.

HeHaw

Best interview I have seem from him, certainly  a lot easier when we have a good win but comes across very well.

His next 5 matches will decide his future if he was to take full points and get above Aberdeen then it would be hard not to let him have the rest o the season. It may depend on who the board is looking at but results don't lie if he gets good results then I am sure the board will look at keeping him.

I for one would like a decent tried and tested manager who understands the club or at least British football but in truth all I want is someone that can take us back to challenging for the league each year. if that someone ends up being Murty then he will get my full support as will another manager get.

23 minutes ago, GlasgowRangers1983 said:

Best interview I have seem from him, certainly  a lot easier when we have a good win but comes across very well.

His next 5 matches will decide his future if he was to take full points and get above Aberdeen then it would be hard not to let him have the rest o the season. It may depend on who the board is looking at but results don't lie if he gets good results then I am sure the board will look at keeping him.

I for one would like a decent tried and tested manager who understands the club or at least British football but in truth all I want is someone that can take us back to challenging for the league each year. if that someone ends up being Murty then he will get my full support as will another manager get.

There’s absolutely no way that he’ll still be caretaker in 5 matches. The McInnes deal will be done within 2 weeks max, I reckon.

35 minutes ago, Chineseboy said:

Tbh, although we won't appoint him manager, I don't really see any concrete reason why we shouldn't. 

Because all it will take is a few defeats and people will be screaming he's not experienced enough and the appointment was a serious fuck up.

As much as i like Murty, McInnes is the better option.

2 kinds of manager, one who will allow the players to figure out a lot of their play based on experience and the other kind is one who imposes their style of play regardless of what the players think is best.

I suppose I lean more towards Murty's attitude. Depends what players you have I guess.

I really like Murty & that’s why I hope he doesn’t get the gig full time. He has a secure job with the under 20’s & I wouldn’t like to see him sacked. Rangers job is solid & a few bad results & the support will turn on the manager.

Also, don’t think we are in a good place at all for him to take on the manager role.

15 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

His take on football management is so different from the usual top down approach. It's really interesting. 

You can just tell he’s liked by his playing staff too which helps. They respect him and he is able to get his ideas across in a far less military way.

I really like Murty, he is a good honest footballing man who seems genuinely proud and humbled to be at our club, no less in the temporary managers position (again).

I wouldn't like him to take on the job too early though and become totally stressed and end up a villain and a scape-goat for our board, he doesn't deserve that.

I would like to see him be able to work with a new manager in the number 2 position and in time make the natural progression to the top job.

'Presser'......GAYBO!!! It's not even a press conference.....it's an interview with RTV.

Besides all that, he speaks very well and knows how to get our players going and how to use them. That's the difference when a manager has actually played the game to a professional standard.