McCrorie's Challenge

NeoGeo7

Another solid performance from him today. He has the knack of knowing when to step forward an intercept, head or challenge but one challenge stood out for me.

giphy.gif

What a brilliant and confident challenge from him inside the penalty box and it shows why he should be playing instead of Cardoso as Cardoso looks very vulnerable when players cut inside and run at him like this (Also the little pull back from Tav at the end there was good too and set us off on another attack).

For me you earn your place in the team through your performances not price tags or status and McCrorie needs to retain his place when Cardoso is fit again.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously impressed with this young lad, just hope he's a Rangers player for a long time!

One of his biggest strengths is how well he reads the game, that's something you can't coach. He's not the finished article but he's only going to keep getting better with game time. Playing and training with someone like Bruno must be a massive help to him aswell. 

1 minute ago, Junior Soprano said:

He should be in that team ahead of Alves from now on

I don’t know. I’m more confident with Alves at corners or when we are under the cosh. He seems to win everything. Would rather Wilson was dropped.

Wilson had a solid perormance yesterday imo, but his weaknesses due to his lack of pace are there to see. Alves and McCrorie first pick all the way. Not forgetting John, solid at left back but it is clear left mid is where it is at for. Abundance of talent and potential. Can't see him being here at the end of the season. Destined for bigger things I think.

25 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Another solid performance from him today. He has the knack of knowing when to step forward an intercept, head or challenge but one challenge stood out for me.

giphy.gif

What a brilliant and confident challenge from him inside the penalty box and it shows why he should be playing instead of Cardoso as Cardoso looks very vulnerable when players cut inside and run at him like this (Also the little pull back from Tav at the end there was good too and set us off on another attack).

For me you earn your place in the team through your performances not price tags or status and McCrorie needs to retain his place when Cardoso is fit again.

Yep, but thats not to say we give up on Fabio. But McCrorie definitely has more potential 

18-24 months from now they coukd be our centre defence pairing. 

24 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

A very risky challenge to make, especially given the way refs have treated us so far this season, but he executed it to perfection. This lad has a very bright future for sure. 

The clever part in that tackle was that he reduced the risk by going in with his left. If he tried to take that with his right, his thigh would have made contact and risked the attacker going down.

He certainly looks like a player.

8 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Was that not the tackle which won the ball back for us and started the attack for the third goal?

Here is the build up to the third (sped up so that I can fit it all in!). Pressure from backtracking Morelos, Jack and Holt dispossessing them then a nice turn from Holt followed by that pass from Miller :drool:

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Here is the build up to the third (sped up so that I can fit it all in!). Pressure from backtracking Morelos, Jack and Holt dispossessing them then a nice turn from Holt followed by that pass from Miller :drool:

giphy.gif

Brilliant build up and a great finish from Windass but that Miller goal was effortless and perfectly weighted. Not bad for a guy I slated this season as a shite passer :whistle: