*** The Official Rangers v Partick Thistle Match Thread ***

ForeverAndEver

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

Warburton did get a result against them but I agree with most of what you're saying. Murty won't get the job full time but he's doing his chances absolutely no harm at all if he is indeed on the new manager shortlist. He could be a future manager once he has a bit more experience.

Murty is on record saying he doesn't want the job on a permanent basis. Not sure why but he seems happier with the lower profile. Who knows we might actually have a managerial genius sitting at Ibrox all along. That said being successful in short burst is probably easier than over a full season, but wouldn't be against giving him a try.

2 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Warburton did get a result against them but I agree with most of what you're saying. Murty won't get the job full time but he's doing his chances absolutely no harm at all if he is indeed on the new manager shortlist. He could be a future manager once he has a bit more experience.

Aye noticed just after I typed it that I should’ve specified in the league since we came back.

He’s a breath of fresh air, one of few folk at the club who is genuinely trustworthy and capable of doing a good job, gives us a lot more time to get the right guy in plus he seems to have gelled the squad a little bit more and our combination passes and defending has vastly improved.

Think he will be a good manager eventually once someone gives him the platform to manage full time.

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

Well. I think this has been a pretty poor performance over all. 

You're at it. We bossed the first half, scored shortly after the break to make it 3-0 and have since taken our foot off the gas. I do think we need to raise our levels again but to say it's been a poor performance over all is just plain wrong.

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

You're at it. We bossed the first half, scored shortly after the break to make it 3-0 and have since taken our foot off the gas. I do think we need to raise our levels again but to say it's been a poor performance over all is just plain wrong.

No  iM not at it. We're better than Patrick that's for sure but I think there quite a lot to be concerned about with that team, selection and subs. 

Archived